Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11329 by Margie Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 am
Has anyone ever heard of "Jump Up Employment"? They claim to be an employment agency, but they contacted me, and the email came in my junk folder. They claim to have some job opportunities I might be interested in, but I would like to find out more about them before I enter any of my information. Can anyone help?
Advertisement

#11331 by AlanJones Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:48 am
Hi Margie and welcome to ScamWarners.

I've just had a quick look on Google and nothing shows up. Would you be able to post a bit more information, such as the email you've received (including the headers but remove your personal details).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11432 by Ralph Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:35 am
Jump employment have a website that after a very quick look seems legitimate. http://jumpupemployment.com/

That said, the email you received does not sound legitimate, my guess is that a scammer has used the website to make their scam look more credible.

As Alan has said, please post the email and if you can the header and we will check it out in more detail
#11434 by AlanJones Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 am
Thanks for posting the website details Ralph.

A quick bit of investigation shows that the site was only registered in May of this year.

I did a quick search here and a large number of results came up.

It appears that there are a large network of job sites all run by the same company.

Of interest is the following link http://scamfraudalert.wordpress.com/200 ... centercom/, which would seem to indicate that there are no jobs available, and that it is just a front for some sort of "continuing education".

I would avoid it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11534 by Daytondave Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 pm
I am almost 99.9% certain its not legit. I just received a email from them regarding a job offer, it looks identical to a series of emails i received around a month ago that turned out to be a scam. What they do is get your contact info from legitimate job search forums such as Careerbuilder and Monster. They turn around and send you out these "job opportunities" to entice you into contacting them. Once you click the link and fill out the questionnaire which asks for your address and phone number telemarketers start calling you all day long trying to get you interested in everything from programs for furthering your education among other things before they will give you any info on job opportunities. The job offer never materialized, the calls just kept coming though. :?
#11535 by Ralph Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:05 pm
Hi Dayton

Welcome to Scamwarners

Thanks for this information, could you please provide us with some copies of the emails you have received as well as headers. Remove your own details before posting though. :wink: