Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11350 by juliettatum Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:54 pm
Many fees will be required and no money will ever be paid.

Dear Friend,

Firstly, I am Mr. Zhang Jianguo, (President) in China Construction Bank Corporation Hong Kong Branch ("CCBHK"), I have a lucrative financial business transaction to bring to your attention if only you would be interested but if you are not interested delete this email and do not hurt me because I am putting my career and the life of my family at stake with this venture. Although nothing ventured is nothing gained. Do give this proposal SERIOUS AND POSSITIVE CONSIDERATION.

Furthermore, the financial transaction is all about a customer of our bank who is a national {citizen} of Iraq named Mr. Adil A. Nasir, who unfortunately died in the December 2004 in Iraq. He has the sum of $68M deposit with us. Excuse me, I would like to stop here to hear from you so we can discuss further the details if interested, I have to keep it low because of my Position in the China Construction Bank Corporation Hong Kong. I would appreciate a bit introduction of your self.

I am patiently waiting for your polite response in this regard. Kindly respond to my private email if interested. Email: [email protected]

Sincerely,
Zhang Jianguo
President
www.ccbhk.com
PLEASE, REPLY TO THIS EMAIL: [email protected]
Advertisement

#11457 by Dora Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 pm
I would like to point out to those who read this, that the site noted in this scam email is the legitimate China Construction Bank. http://www.ccbhk.com/
Domain Name: CCBHK.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.HK.LINKAGE.NET
Name Server: NS2.HK.LINKAGE.NET
Updated Date: 31-may-2008
Creation Date: 18-jun-1997
Expiration Date: 17-jun-2013

And while Zhang Jianguo is the Vice Chairman, President and Member of Strategy Development Committee, China Construction Bank Corporation, (see here) he would NOT have a FREE yahoo.com.hk email addy.

The scammer has only put that link to the legitimate bank in the email to help make his scam seem real.