Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
Advertisement

#1830 by johnny5 Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:16 pm
That's missing the point.

What's happened so far is you've provided 3 links on a trade site, one of which is down. You're obviously upset about them because of the amount of exclamation marks you use, but you won't give any details other than "it's a scam, and if you don't believe me try them yourself".

I looked at the sites and though there is a tiny bit of evidence that they might be scams, it's such a tiny amount that I don't believe it is, plus -in my opinion- the main ecvv.com site looks fine for reasons I explained in a previous post, and that's backed up by Inspector Gadget being unable to find any other reports of it being a scam on Google.

So at the moment all we have is you repeating over and over that it is a scam but not providing any evidence to say so.

If you don't understand why that's a problem, then consider this.. I could say that any website on the net is a scam, but unless I provide something to back up that claim, why should anyone believe me, and why should that business possibly lose custom on the basis of me saying it but not proving anything?

#1832 by Sarah Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:29 am
The reason folks are asking you to not write in all caps is 'case that's what scammers tend to do, and it makes them sort of jittery on a board such as this. And welcome to the board. :)

www.aa419.org - Fake Scammer Banks

#1836 by BlueTiger Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:27 am
Johnny5, well said.
#1854 by scamkiller Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:43 pm
Email: [email protected]
Company: ton247ltd
Linkman: ton wong
Tel: +852-2-5679292
Fax: +852-2-5679292
Country hong kong
Address: 123 kotawoga road hong kong

this people scam my friend with $400.00 since june 2007 he order a camera and after they get the money , ask for more bacause they cant send just one item...lol postal service to high for just one item ..can you believe that?????? when this friend ask for money back they say ok give us 2 weeks..after 2 weeks they ask for another 2 weeks ...lol when my friend report this to http://www.ic3.gov this people sent threatening mails ....its good enough now??????????????

the other 2 fakes...euroelectltd and muskita...i get scammmed for hat people euroelect for $950.00 and muskita $ 160.00
i hope this answer all your question guys ok?
#8402 by matrat Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:51 pm
hi, i buy a lot of nike trainers for my self and always been buying them from pickyourshoes.com i no for a fact that they sell legit trainers but i need a little bit of help...i no that buying cheap named products from china are most definatly fake but when i do buy authentic nikes from usa or any legit shop it does say under the tounge made in china....so is this because they are made in china in legit nike factorys for nike?? and the ones that are brought from china are made in china also but are made illigely not in registered factorys?? ive always been stuck on this question and need an answer! cheers
#8404 by Dotti Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Hi Matrat,

Yes, Nike does have manufacturing plants in China (the majority of their manufacturing activities are in China, Indonesia, and Vietnam), so assuming the site you are ordering from is legitimate (I'm not familiar with it but it sounds like you are comfortable that it is) then the "made in China" should not set off any red flags.

In fact, if you are in the US, companies are required to document the country of origin (not sure what the laws are for other countries) so if you didn't see the label with the site of manufacture, you would have more reason for concern.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#8405 by matrat Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:41 pm
ok thats brilliant thanx alot...yes i have looked on the net about this site and everything cums up as genuine! i get tracking numbers for usps and they dispatch from CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA and planes or ships from los angeles..ive just always been concered about this question as i can never find it on google or on the net anywhere, because they say named products purchased from china are no dout fake but when i buy authentic trainers some still say made in china so does this mean there fake! but like you said they do have registerd nike factorys making there products in china but not acualy selling them from china...but i still had to be sure and to understand what this ment so i appreciate your help. and by the way im from the uk. cheers :D :D :wink: