Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
Advertisement

#15560 by GomerPyle Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:27 pm
The one thing that your mother's behaviour says to me is that she is emotionally vulnerable and needs to understand what's happening to her. Unless she faces this she's liable to keep falling for this type of scam.

Remember - she's already on a scammer's list, and it's likely her contact details will be passed around, so she'll face the same problem again, and you need to make sure she's prepared.

If I intended to woo a female on the internet I'd send flowers or maybe a few inexpensive presents, not ask her for money. Doing that will only get you a worthless *um or scammer.

Asking for money is rude, dishonest and not a pledge of love.

Words are cheap - actions speak volumes.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#15588 by Ralph Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:55 am
Gomer is completly right, she is for certain on the scammers short list of victims to contact, the scammers she has encountered are certainly not the best I have seen at their trade, if she meets one of the more advanced scammers she would be likely to fall for them quite quickly.

Please encourage her to read through this thread as well as the romance section of our site, let her know that we are here if she has the slightest doubt and you yourself will need to remain vigilante to ensure she learns about the dangers and how to spot them.

You are always here to help, educating and much more enjoyable than consoling :wink: