Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11745 by Kachtice Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:58 pm
Says he is from Hong Kong but the return is “Xiong Lee" [email protected] and the return path is [email protected] both originate from this country.

[ No Subject ]
Friday, July 17, 2009 2:00 PM

Hello, I need your assistance so that we can both transfer abandon sum of $25M USD owned by (Late Robert Williams) in my Bank (Bank of China) here in Hong Kong,get back asap.
Advertisement

#12034 by The Enchantress Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:22 am
A definite scam Kachtice. This information will alert and save many potential victims.

Could you please clarify (both originate from "this country"). Extra information and facts on this scammer may provide the "proof" of lying about true location, which can help convince some undecided visitors.

Noticed this mail example from this scammer;

[email protected]

Good day,

I am Mr. Xiong Lee a transfer supervisor operations in investment section in Bank of China Ltd, Hong Kong. I have a Mature business suggestion for you, which will be of a mature benefit.
Before the China quake our client a foreigner (Mr. Robert Williams), who was in China a full time businessman made a numbered fixed deposit for 12 calendar months, with a value of Twenty Five Millions United State Dollars (US$25,000,000.00) only in my branch.

Upon maturity several notice was sent to him during the quake And after the quake another notification was sent and still no response came from him. It was later discovered that the our client Mr. Robert Williams and his family had been killed during the earth quake blast that hit their home. My investigations revealed no survival or NEXT OF KIN/RELATIVES will come forward to claim this funds.

read more of the chine quake blast on this site below.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 437354.stm

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Mr. Robert Williams so that you will be able to receive his funds. I will send you more details as soon as I receive your response. You don’t need to be afraid of this deal, as everything is completely 100% risk free.

Note that I got your contact is courtesy of Business Online network via Internet for a reliable person for this urgent business transaction, Which I like to acquire with your help and you will be compensated adequately as your commission as 40% and 60% for me after the funds are transferred to you.

I kept this information (SECRET) confidential within my jurisdiction to enable us submit claims applications with your details as the right full owner (Next of kin) of this funds and transfer this fund through offshore-online account which you will open with one of our Telex type bank (good relationship) so that it won’t attract the international monetary bodies, as the transfer will be seen as an in-house transfer.

If you are interested please reply instantly with your info below, and I shall provide you with the details of this transaction. if you are not Interested kindly use the subject “not interested” and i shall stop any further messages.

Your Full Name:
Your Country:
Your Phone Number:
Your Age and Sex:
Your Occupation:

Please contact me with my Private e-mail [email protected] with this information for next step.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Xiong Lee

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.