Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#12137 by Ralph Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 am
Sorry to get your hopes up, this is simply another trick that scammers will use.

They send this email out to thousands of people and hope to find some that have prevously been scammed.

The fees they ask for initially are quite small but after each fee another slightly bigger fee will be required in order to complete the transaction, please, dont fall for this, its a scam designed to steal your money

The following link will show you an exact search result on a section of the script Click Here

Please delete and ignore
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: IMPORTANT COMPENSATION TO ALL VICTIMS OF FRAUD IN NIGERIA AND WEST AFRICA FROM 2000 TO 2009.
> Date:
>
> THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
> FROM THE DESK OF THE HONOURABLE MINISTER
> FEDERAL SECRETARIAT COMPLEX, PMB 1008, GARKI-ABUJA
> FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
>
>
> ATTN: ALL THE LISTED BENEFICIARIES
>
> IMPORTANT COMPENSATION TO ALL VICTIMS OF FRAUD IN NIGERIA AND WEST AFRICA FROM 2000 TO 2009.
>
>
> Following the petition we received from United Nations Human Rights Commissions (UNHRC) and the International Arbitration panel over non compensation of advance fee fraud and scam victims in Nigeria. The federal Government of Nigeria has set up a special panel called the (Foreign Debt Reconciliational Panel) (FDRP)that comprises all the financial monitoring body of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, including the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria,the economic and financial crime commission (EFCC) and the Minister of finance to work out the modalities for an amicable way of making sure that every victim of fraud in Nigeria is duly compensated as a pre-condition of lifting the economic sanction the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has imposed on Nigeria because of the activities of these fraudsters and also to redeem the good image of Nigeria among the committee of Nations.
>
> It is significant to mention here that the Federal Government of Nigeria is aware of the situation and the battered image, unholy names, international prejudices and bias mind, prospective investors and foreign contractors have for Nigeria, which is detriment to the Nation's Economy.
>
> Owing to this development, The Foreign Debt Reconciliation Panel has resolved to pay every victim of fraud in Nigeria and west Africa the sum of US$500,000.00 (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) each.The Federal Government has complied all the names of the victims and has issued a cashier cheque of US$500,000.00 to each person and is now ready to be sent to every beneficiary by the foreign debt reconciliation panel .
>
> This is necessary so that the beneficiaries would not be subjected to officers bureaucratic ineptitude and administrative bottleneck of local bankers and their international allies, that always hinder the transfer of fund after the beneficiary have paid all that was ask of him, and provided all the requirements as expected of him and still the transfer will not take place.
>
> However, on verification of the file sent to my table for approval, your name among several other victims was approved to receive their compensation in this year's third quater foreign debt reconciliation payment schedule.You are therefore advised to contact the paymaster, foreign debt reconciliation panel with your full name , official contact address and your private telephone number to enable him despatch the cheque to you as soon as possible.
>
> The contact details of the paymaster are as follows.
>
> NAME: CHIDUBE SOLOMON: TEL: 234-80-56327462 .EMAIL:([email protected]).
>
> Note that each beneficiary is expected to pay only the insurance and DHL delivery cost of the cheque to his or her address.
>
> You are therefore advised to stop any form of communication with any other person or organization as the foreign debt reconciliational panel is the only body set up by the federal government to carry out this compensation.The federal government will not be held responsible for your failure to contact the paymaster and receive your compensation fee as this is the last chance you have now to receive this payment.Note that the payment is based on first come first serve and your are advised to be urgent and avail yourself of this given opportunity.
>
> we sincerely appologize of behalf of the federal government for what you have gone through in the hands of the unscrupulous elements.
>
> Yours faithfully
>
> SHAMSUDEEM USMAN
> HONOURABLE MINISTER OF FINANCE
> FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

And here is the header

X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0wO0Q9MjtTQ0w9NA==
X-Message-Status: n:0
X-SID-PRA: MINISTRY OF FINANCE <[email protected]>
X-Message-Info: jXuon5/YRm68Ci7Ivfe0HiVRZVRu81/sFk1ZqtPMsi3fHr/ddd+M0fTCc9q77fGhDG8lRteYEIKrK3uV0OTDgJyRTItat8zg
Received: from mout4.freenet.de ([195.4.92.94]) by COL0-MC4-F48.Col0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444);
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 05:43:17 -0700
Received: from [195.4.92.17] (helo=7.mx.freenet.de)
by mout4.freenet.de with esmtpa (ID [email protected]) (port 25) (Exim 4.69 #92)
id 1MW8V0-0005zQ-A6; Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:43:14 +0200
Received: from [212.100.70.4] (port=44366 helo=User)
by 7.mx.freenet.de with esmtpa (ID [email protected]) (port 587) (Exim 4.69 #93)
id 1MW8Uy-0005pA-U6; Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:43:14 +0200
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: IMPORTANT COMPENSATION TO ALL VICTIMS OF FRAUD IN NIGERIA AND WEST AFRICA FROM 2000 TO 2009.
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:43:12 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
X-purgate-ID: 149285::1248871394-000046EB-8A9CABA6/0-0/0-0
Bcc:
Return-Path: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 29 Jul 2009 12:43:17.0445 (UTC) FILETIME=[25648750:01CA104A]

THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
FROM THE DESK OF THE HONOURABLE MINISTER
FEDERAL SECRETARIAT COMPLEX, PMB 1008, GARKI-ABUJA
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Advertisement

#13790 by Ralph Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:14 am
Here is another similiar scam format that was forwarded to me

United Nations Compensation Commission(UNCC)
Attention: The Beneficiary
SCAMMED VICTIM/ $5Million COMPENSATION-REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 06654 We are delegated from the United Nations to Bank of American to pay 100 Nigerian/World 419 scam victims $5million each, you are listed and approved for this payments as one of the scammed victims, get back to us as soon as possible for the immediate payments of your $5million compensations funds.
On this faithful recommendations, I want you to know that during the last United Nations meetings held at Washington, DC with Barack Obama New Elected United States Of American President, it was alarmed so much by the rest of the world in the meetings on the lose of funds by various foreigners to the scams artists operating in syndicates all over the world today, in other to retain the good image of the country, the president of the Country is now paying 100 victims of this operators $5million each, Due to the corrupt and inefficient banking systems in Nigeria, CITIBANK NIGERIA, TELEPHONE ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM under funding assistance by the Central Bank of Nigeria According to the number of applicants at hand, 80 beneficiaries has been paid, half of the victims are from the United States and Asia, we still have more 20 left to be paid the compensations of $5million each only.
For more vital information, please visit http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2003/ik344.doc.htm
Your particulars was mentioned by one of the syndicates who was arrested in Lagos Nigeria as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason for whatsoever, the US/FBI secret service is already on trace of the criminal. For more records, visit: http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2003/ik344.doc.htm
You will receive your compensations of $5Million payments via CITIBANK NIGERIA, TELEPHONE ONLINE BANKING for the safety side. You are advice to send me re-confirm the below information so I shall feed you with further information, Once I hear from you.
Your Full Names:
Home Address:
Cell Phone Numbers
Occupations
Reply through my alternative email address below: ( [email protected] )
Yours faithfully,
Mrs. Victoria Donald.
De-facto Chief Compensation Officer
United Nations Compensation Committee
United Nations Anti-fraud Committee

The real company details given are simply put there to look more legitimate and is in no way connected to this scam
Looking closer there are many signs that this is a scam;
The anonymous nature of the email
The large amount of money on offer
Presuming the email was sent to undisclosed recipients which indicates you were on a BCC list
The poor English skills "approved for this payments as"
Use of a free email provider, in this case yahoo
I could go on but what I have pointed out more than qualifies it as a scam.
Please delete and ignore

the person who sent it thought it may have been real and replied asking for more information and received this

PRIVATE EMAIL:[email protected] SIR,MY NAME IS MR IDRIS BUBA OF TELEX/COMPUTER DEPARTMENT OF THE AFRICANDEVELOPMENT BANK, LAGOS NIGERIA.I AM SENDING THIS PRIVATE EMAIL BASED ON THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THETRANSACTION. PLEASE, I WILL LIKE TO ADVISE IF AFTER GOING THROUGH MYPROPOSAL AND YOU DO NOT ACCEPT IT, KINDLY KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. AS OFTHIS MOMENT, I AM STILL IN SERVICE WITH THE ADB NIGERIA (ADB). AND I WILL NOT BY ANY MEANS LIKE TO LOSE MY JOB, IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED.I HAVE PUT IN OVER 23 YEARS IN THIS BANK BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TOSHOW FOR IT.THIS IS JUST MY OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SURE THAT I GIVE MYCHILDREN A DECENT TRAINING SINCE MY GOVT. WHICH IS CORRUPT HAS REFUSED TO TAKE CARE OF ITS RESPONSIBILITY. INFACT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYTHING HERE I NEED TO GET OUT. I FOUND OUT THAT YOU ALMOST MET ALL THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS INRESPECT OF YOUR PAYMENT. PLEASE BE EQUALLY ADVISED THAT NO SECURITY COMPANY IN AFRICA CAN HANDLE YOUR CONTRACT PAYMENT/INHERITANCE FUND WITH ANY BANK WITHOUT THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK, NIGERIA.YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT OF INTEREST GROUP IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA THAT IS SUPPOSED TO TRANSFER YOUR FUND WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE ADB. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR PAYMENT AND THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOU RECEIVE EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE EVERYDAY. THEIR WHOLE GAME PLAN IS TO FRUSTRATE YOUIN ORDER FOR YOU TO ABANDON THE CONTRACT PAYMENT AND THEN, THEY WILL BE COMFORTABLE AND FREE ENOUGH TO TRANSFER THE CONTRACT FUNDS INTO THEIR OVERSEASACCOUNT. THEIR AIM AND TARGET IS NOT THE MONEY YOU ARE GIVING THEM BUT TO FRUSTRATE YOU. HENCE, YOU HAVE LOST TRUST ON WHOM TO BELIEVE TO BE GENUINE. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THIS MAY LAST FOR YEARS, YET NOTHING HAPPENS. TO SUM IT UP, I WISH TO ASSURE YOU THAT WITH MY POSITION HERE IN THE TELEX DEPARTMENT, I CAN PUNCH THE COMPUTER AND CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT STRAIGHT.I CAN ACCOMPLISH THIS UNDER FIVE WORKING DAYS. BUT WE HAVE TO REACH ANAGREEMENT. FIRST OF ALL, YOU HAVE TO LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WILL GIVE ME AT THE CONSUMMATION OF THIS DEAL.FINALLY, YOU WILL HAVE TO ACCEPT TO KEEP THIS TRANSACTION STRICTLYCONFIDENTIAL IF YOU ACCEPT MY PROPOSAL, KINDLY GET BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY ON MYPRIVATE EMAIL:[email protected] AND CONFIRM YOUR PARTICULARSON REPLY.REGARDS,MR IDRIS BUBA
#14200 by Ralph Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:09 am
Yet another scam using the United Nations to make the scam look legitimate.

This one appears to have come from [email protected])

The UNITED NATIONS has agreed to compensate all the people that had anunfinished transaction or international Fund transfer that failed due toGovernment problem or those that have been Frauded in the Internet by dubiousIndividuals.The sum of US$150,000.00 was issued to each of you .We found yourname in our list as one of thebeneficiary and that is why we are contacting you through this medium. Thishave been agreed upon and have been signed.You are advised now to contact Dr. Roland Idowu of IntercontinentalBankPlc via his Email Address;[email protected],as he is ourrepresentativewho is in charge of dispatching your bank draft to you. You are to Send the information below to Dr. Roland Idowu via his emailaddress; [email protected] the immediate delivery of yourDraft toyou.Note;The UNITED NATIONS have asigned only Dr Roland to dispatch yourdraftto you,so you are to contact only Dr Roland idowu via his private [email protected] as directed above.

Full Names (Surname First).......
Current Address...................
Country........................
Telephone #..............
Age.....................

Contact him immediately with the requested information above foryourInternational Bank Draft of USD$ 150,000.00 USD. Have a nice day and Hope you use this Money Wisely
Regards,
Gen Ban Kin Moon
Secretary General (UNITED NATIONS)