Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#12801 by dwellard Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm
To all who read, at present I am in the middle of a scam and what fun it is to cause utter frustration and annoyance to the scammer. I was contacted through supposedly friends re-united by a Miss Lilian Charles who wanted to be friend me. After a couple of email exchanges the truth comes out, her father died leaving an inheritance of 6.5m dollars in an account in a Senegal bank where she is now residing as a refugee. Obviously I have realised this is a scam and now in email exchange with her, her lawyers, the manager of the Habitat bank in Senegal. The wind up starts and frustration now increases when I advise that I want to get my own legal team involved. The story continues. Follow this review and when the time is right I will post all the email exchanges here. Its all good fun and for once drives the scammers mad !!!!!!!
Advertisement

#12802 by AlanJones Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:27 pm
Hi and welcome to ScamWarners.

We advise victims of scams here and don't go into detail about scambaiting, which is what you are describing. By all means post details of any scams that you come across, but not details of your baiting as it distracts from the warnings.

If you haven't already done so, please visit our sister site 419eater and look at the forums there for details on how to scam bait safely.

ETA: to remove poster's ID
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#12809 by Clair Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:41 pm
Hi dw and welcome! If the scammer has any of your real life personal details or even an email address that is tied to your real life details, please stop all communication immediately. As Alan said above, please visit our sister site http://www.419eater.com for discussion of scam baiting and just post up the information that could warn potential victims here.
Last edited by Clair on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#12810 by Arnold Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:13 pm
Welcome.
As Alan said, http://www.419eater.com is a better place to discuss baiting. You'll find us there as well, but with different names.
It looks to me as if you may have signed on with your real name. If so, I recommend you pm a moderator with a more anonymous alternative and they'll change it for you. None of the "staff" here use their real names.

Alan. Can you edit it out of your reply?
Last edited by Arnold on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#12813 by GomerPyle Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm
Don't take the welcome as unfriendly, as we're quite a bit more boisterous across at the other site, which is mainly devoted to baiting scammers.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer