Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#87637 by Chris Fuller Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 am
This scammer uses many different email addresses; these are just a few of them:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Here are two examples of the introductory scam mail.

Subject: Re: I PLEAD YOUR INDULGENCE IN THIS ISSUE

MY GOOD FRIEND IN CHRIST
I am Mrs kathrine Hills from Netherlands,I am 58 years old,i am Deaf suffering from a long time cancer of the breast,from all indication my conditions is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious that i can't work or do any stressful thing, according to my doctors they have advised me that i may not live for the next four months,this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage. for security reason kindly click here for more information.
Yours in Christ,
Mrs. kathrine Hills

MY GOOD FRIEND IN CHRIST,

I am Mrs kathrine Hills from Netherlands,I am 58 years old,i am Deaf suffering from a long time cancer of the breast,from all indication my conditions is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious that i can't work or do any stressful thing, according to my doctors they have advised me that i may not live for the next four months,this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage. I was brought up from a motherless babies home, was married to my late husband for twenty years without a child,My Husband (Roberto Hills) died in a fatal motor accident, Before his death, we were true Christians.

Since his death I decided not to re-marry,I sold all my inherited belongings and deposited all the sum of $10.5million dollars with a Bank in London,United Kingdom .Presently, this money is still with the Bank in London and the Board Of Directors Of the bank just wrote me as the true beneficiary to come forward to receive the money since the funds has stayed for a very long time in there custody .

Presently, I'm with my laptop in a hospital in Frankfurt Germany where I have been undergoing treatment for my sickness and I have since lost my ability to talk.

It is my last wish to see that this money is invested/donated to any organisation/buisness of your choice and distributed each year among the charity organization,E.g the poor homes,the motherless babies home where i came from,the deaf homes,and churches etc .All i seek for is a God fearing person,who will carry out my last wishes .

All i need from you is a confidential assurance that the funds when recieved by you will be used for the said purpose.
Waiting for your reply.

The scammer may also pretend that the money is in a US bank. This is an example of another email from this scammer. The security company is also fake and is part of the scam.

Hello ,

This is what you need to do now to enable you receive the funds on my behalf from the security company.

First of all, thanks for your confident response in receiving this fund and using it for the said purpose. I will like you to contact the security company were this fund is deposited, contact them by sending them an email, I have notified them today of your contact to them. please no one should be involved, please manage my money for me.

For security measures to avoid fraudster/scammers of intruding in this, they gave me the information below to give to you, which you will include in the email you will send to them.

Secret Question: Who is Depositor
Answer: Mrs. Katharine Hills
Security Code: 90600040020

The informations above is what you need to send to them and they will write you back telling you on what to do to receive the funds. You can as well include your phone number should in case they want to call you. Below is their contact information.

Name of Security Company. National Security Company (California,USA)
Send email to: [email protected]
Name of Officer Mr. Justine Brown
Tel: 1-903-890-4580

My Good friend, please send them an email in the above email address and Please send me back an email after emailing the security company for my own record purpose. Always pray for me.

Mrs. Kathrine Hills
Advertisement