Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#13152 by Peta Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:36 am
You'll notice here that the scammer has sent the email with one email address - [email protected] but has engineered the message so that replies go to [email protected]. In all liklihood a response to this scam would result in the victim receiving a reply from another completely different email address again. Why do scammers do this? It is quite possible that this scam will be reported to yahoo or gmail. If so there is a possibility that the email accounts will be shut down. The scammer is trying to mitigate the damage to his criminal activities by changing his email address just in case the first two accounts are shut down. The name "Comfort Ibruni" has been used frequently in 419 scams. Simply google the name to see what I mean :) This is a fairly standard advanced fee fraud scam. Any person responding to this scam would soon be receiving demands to pay fake fees by an equally fake lawyer. The USD$5M does not exist.

Received: from [41.222.192.88]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
Mrs Comfort Ibruni <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Greetings From Mrs Comfort Ibruni And Son
To: undisclosed recipients: ; <- Sent to hundreds, if not thousands of hidden email accounts.

Greetings From Mrs Comfort Ibruni And Son
C/17 Afoturu Akpakpa
Cotonou
Benin Republic.

Dearest Friend

It is my great pleasure and the trust which I have on you, though we have not
met before, neither have we seen for the first time, but before I pick up your
E-mail contact and write to you I prayed over it that God should direct me to a
trustworthy and God fearing partner who will help me to invest this money in a
good business of his choice and expartise.

For this will permit me to go into business relationship with you, since I
have made up my mind to make this money transfer with you. My name is Mrs
Comfort Ibruni 43 years old the wife of Late Benjamin Okon Ibruni who was a
Gold Marchant in Cotonou Republic of Benin and i have only one child his name
is RUBEN.

My husband was poisoned to death by his business associate on one of their
business outings to Accra Ghana,on 19th Oct 2007. Before the death of my
husband on the 26th December 2007 in a private hospital here. He sincerely
called me on his bed side and told me that he had a sum of ($5M US.DOLLARS)
which he deposited in Finance Firm.

He also used his name to Deposit the money and explained to me that it was
because of his wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates, That i
should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice w here I will
transfer this money and use it for investment purposes, I want you to assist me
by investing this money into a good business and also be a guardian over this
money I am honourably seeking for your assistance in the following ways.

(1)To assist me to transfer this money into your account successfully
(2)Toprovide a trust bank account where this money would be transfered
(3)To make arrangement for me and my son to come over to your country for investment,
(4)To help find admission in a good university to enable him finish his
educational career in your country.

In line with this,am willing to offer you 25% percent of the total sum as
compensation for your effort/input after the successfull transfer of this fund
in your safe acc ount Below informations is what i need from you so that the
bank can start this transfer immediately without delay.

Your Bank name and addres together with Account Number Your direct Telephone
and Fax Numbers and Your full name and address. On receipt of the above
mentioned informations, I believe that this transaction would be concluded
within 7 working days as the bank Director promised me that he will commence on
the transfer immediately if i provide a bank account for remittance.
I am waiting to hear from you soonest,

Thanks and God bless you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,
Mrs Comfort Ibruni and Son
Advertisement

#14198 by Peta Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:43 am
Yet another Comfort Ibruni scam.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from [41.222.192.88]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:55:13 -0700 (PDT)
MRS COMFORT IBRUNI <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: The Diplomat will be Coming for Consignment Delivery !!!
To: undisclosed recipients: ;

The Diplomat will be Coming for Consignment Delivery !!!
Dearest Friend,

How are you? For this chance will permit me to go into business relationship with you, since I have made up my mind to make this transaction with you. My name is Mrs Comfort Ibruni 43 years old the wife of Late Benjamin Okon Ibruni who was a Cocoa and Gold marchant in Cotonou Republic of Benin and i have only one child His name is RUBEN.

I have some good funds ($5M US.DOLLARS) for investment in your country as we will need your expertise idea in investing if you have. Please do not worry because i have gotten a way after much suffering to do bank transfer transaction. This method will not border you or me, I have gotten the way out to bring the funds in a consignment packaging to you in your country as my partner through diplomatic delivery proccess.

But please contact my lawyer BARRISTER JONES WILLIAMS [email protected] Phone 00229 97 98 92 42 for him conclude all the documentations on legalisation concerning the fund transfer to your name and i want us to use a good diplomatic delivery process in transfering the funds to you which will carry diplomatic immunity tag covering it because bank to bank transfer is too much problematics and lot of Government restrictions and charges that will cost so much money and much delay.

Contact me and the my lawyer with your full details and the lawyer will finished the legalisations and every other legal logistics involved within the next three or four days. The diplomat will be coming to you within the next four or five days after the lawyer have finished the lagal aspect of the transaction. Please be advised and take note of that i have discussed with the Finance Company Directors and they have accepted to help me with this Diplomatic delivery process.

Make sure you abide on the lawyers instructions because you will be required to welcome the diplomat in your airport on the arrival to your country. I will be paying here the shipment fee instead of paying much more for GOVERNMENT TAXES AND BANK CHARGES if i want the funds to be transfered through the banking process.

I will secure and do all the payments here to prove to you myself but you will be required to welcome the diplomats in your local airport for delivery and collection the consignment. The Diplomat will deliver the consignment to your door step if need be before i will instruct you on how we will deposit the funds to the bank of your choice because i will be there with you as soon as you receive the consignment containing the funds for the investment of the funds because you will have 25% of the total funds for your help and assistance.

Contact me and with your full details information and the lawyer will send you the comprehensive informations on how you will meet with the diplomat as soon as he arrivals your country. Please diplomat will be needing your passport for identifcation as he coming. Please let me have your full contact and phone numbers.

Please confirm and reply this mail.
Regards and God bless,
Mrs Comfort Ibruni
Please reply only through this email ADDRESS: [email protected]
PHONE 00229 93 02 14 16.