Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#13211 by sunchaser02 Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:49 pm
Why could I be targeted at getting up to six scams a day ?

FROM THE DESK OF DAVID SMITH

Attention: Client

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Michael Gambone and
immigrant who was a gas consultant here in UK, who happens to be one of our very
good clients. He died with his wife(Deborah Gambone)on board the Swissair Flight
111 , which crashed into the Atlantic off Nova Scotia.

I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned undelivered. I
wish to notify you that late Late Michael Gambone made you a beneficiary to his
WILL. He left the sum of Ten Million British Pounds Sterling to you in the
Codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a
widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply
you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you
good. According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and
to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach you as I am
hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable us obtain all
the neccesary funds release document so remittance can take place.

I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

Bar. David Smith

Moved from "is this a scam", thanks for posting - Ralph
Advertisement

#13222 by The Enchantress Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:09 am
Another definite scam. Thank You for posting this information.

Note this mail from this scammer using mail address, [email protected]

Attention: Client

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Michael Gambone and immigrant who was
a gas consultant here in UK, who happens to be one of our very good clients. He died with his
wife(Deborah Gambone) during a plane crash.

I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned undelivered. I wish to notify you
that my late client made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He Willed an amount to you in the Codicil
and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled
man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one
of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. According to him this money is to support your
humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach you as
I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable us obtain all the neccesary
funds release document so remittance can take place.

I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

Bar. David Smith

This scammer has also used the following mail addresses;

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Note this search result on scammers name click here

See also this post here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3116
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#13226 by Peta Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:42 am
Hi sunchaser02. Is it possible that you have responded to a scam email in the past? Once a scammer receives a reply they may keep the victims email address in their records and continue attempting to defraud them, even if the victim lost no money.

Some of the other methods used by scammers to harvest or gather email accounts is from website guestbooks, chain mails or hacked websites that may containg your personal details. Have you tried to google your own email address? That can sometimes reveal where the scammers have found your details.
#13251 by GomerPyle Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:48 pm
If you've ever posted your e-mail address anywhere on the internet, it can be picked up by 'internet spiders' which are automated programmes designed to collect e-mail addresses.

It is also quite possible that scammers have access to insecure websites where people have input their e-mail addies thinking they were secure.

My personal name personal addies are all protected so that they only accept mail from specified domains, and I use thowaway boxes for other general mail.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#13255 by John DeLaney Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Further to the above, if you google your nic, you will see it, if it is you,in trip advisor, and other websites. All of these will lead to your email addy attracting spam and scams.

Short of setting filters to divert the spam/scam, there isn't much you can do now without changing your email account.

John DeLaney