Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#13228 by Peta Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:23 am
Here's something a little different. The scam itself is fairly ordinary advanced fee fraud. There is no Mr Ahmed Hasan of Bank Central Asia, Indonesia. There is no $6.5M waiting to be transfered to your bank account. Sinacool is a free web email service and no genuine employee or agent of Bank Central Asia would be using a free email service for official business.

The novelty in this scam email is that the criminals behind it have used the democrats.org website to send out their scam emails to unsuspecting victims. The Democrat Party of the USA do not support this criminal activity and likely have no knowledge of this abuse of their website services. I have now reported the matter to them and hope to see measures taken to prevent this abuse in the future.

Return-Path: <modules+2finvite-weekins10=yahoo.co.uk@web.listbounce.democrats.org>
X-Originating-IP: [208.69.4.29] <- Resolves to USA Washington
Received: from phpmailer ([192.168.10.24]) by http://www.democrats.org with HTTP (PHPMailer); Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:13:16 -0400
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:13:16 -0400
To: *****@gmail.com
Subject: CONSIDER THIS PROPOSAL FROM INDONESIA!

PLEASE REPLY TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL ID : ( [email protected] )

FROM THE DESK OF MR. AHMED HASAN
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER,
BANK CENTRAL ASIA, INDONESIA.

Assalam alaikum,

URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED

I am writing to seek your cooperation over this business, Please due welcome this letter. I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of BANK CENTRAL ASIA INDONESIA. I am writing to you in respect of a desperate search for a reliable partner to champion this transaction.

In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $6.5m US dollars (Six Million, Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars). In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in December 2000 in a plane crash.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting the next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that i decided to contact you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained Unclaimed after Nine Years, the money will be transferred into the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of a foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and an Indonesian cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.

The total sum will be shared as follows: 50% for me, 50% for you as foreign partner and expenses incidental occur during the transfer will be incure by both of us. The transfer is risk free on both sides hence you are going to follow my instruction till the fund transfer to your account. There after I and my family will visit your country.

Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where in the money will be remitted.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you the text of the application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer. You should send me a reply immediately as soon as you receive this letter.

PLEASE REPLY TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL ID : ( [email protected] )

Trusting to hear from you immediately.

Yours faithfully,

(MR)AHMED HASAN.
Advertisement