Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#13733 by Peta Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:15 am
The criminal who sent this email is deliberately trying to avoid the anti-spam filters in the victims email account by hiding the incriminating text in a downloadable file. This is a typical advanced fee fruad scam of the "orphan" variety. Most commonly the scammer will direct victims to contact a fake lawyer/banker. This is when the demands for the payment of fees will begin.

Delivered-To: *****@gmail.com
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from User (82.128.70.137) <- IP points to Nigeria
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Reply Urgently.
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 01:51:06 -0700

Please view the attached file.

And the contents of the attached file are shown below.

Address: 03 bp 25687 Abidjan
03avenue 23 rue 33 barree cocody
Abidjan, Ivory Coast West Africa.
Reply to: ([email protected]

In God's Name,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I am Mr. Steven kwaku the only child of late Mr. and Mrs. Aliman kwaku, my late father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant based in Abidjan, the economic capital of ivory coast before he was shot by the rebels during the last crisis in my country when my mother died on the 18th may 2005 my father took me so special because I am motherless. Before the death of my father on 24th February 2007 in a private hospital here in Abidjan .he secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum ofus$17, 000, 000, 00. (Seventeen million united state dollars) left in a suspense account in a local banking and finance house here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his only son for next of kin in deposit of the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of his wealth that he was shot out of jealousy. That i should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose (such as real estate management).

I am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways.

1) To provide a bank account where this money would be transferred to in your country.

2) To serve as the guardian of this fund since I am a boy of 17 years.

3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country after the money has been transferred.

4) To send me your private phone and fax numbers.moreover, i am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort / input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated bank account overseas.

Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within seven (7) days you signify your interest to assist me. Anticipating hearing from you soon.

Thanks and God bless
Steven kwaku.

Advertisement