Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1853 by benjamin Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:56 pm
This is a dangerous scam, since the scammer, pretending to be muslim, is perceived as telling the truth by other muslims. The same applies to the older email targeting Christians - it's almost identical. It plays on people's good nature and desire to help others.

ASSALAM ALAIKUM

From Mrs fatima jumai abdoul .

Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire,

May the Almighy Allah be with you,

I know this may come as surprise and sceptic to you.Since we do not know each other,but i am contacting you with trust and faith i have, that you will never fail me.

My name is Mrs fatima jumai abdoul a nationality of Liberia. I am married to late Mr. Umar Abdoul who worked with Liberia embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year Octorber 2003. We were married for twenty years with a child. He died after a the illness that lasted for long four days.Before his death we were both a good muslim.

When my late husband was alive we deposited the sum of $10.5Million (TEN Million FIVE hundred U.S.Dollars) with one of good banks here in Cote d'Ivoire . Presently, this money is still with the bank.I have been diagnose with Esophageal cancer .It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.Recently my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to my cancer problem.Though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to mosque or better still a muslim individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want a person or muslim member that will use this fund to orphanages, research centres and widows propagating the word of Allah and to ensure that the house of Allah is maintained.

The Holy Qur’an made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore this is why i seek for your assistance, I once asked try a member of my family to distribute the money which I gave him to the charity organization here they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be ontended with what I have left for them.I took this decision because I have a child that will inherit this money but my son can not carryout this work only because i and my late husband decide to use some of the money to work for Allah and live some for our son to have a better live. our son is just 17yearold now and been grow up in africa, he have low manterity and my husband´s relatives are not muslim and I don´t want my family hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers. I am presently placed on dialysis check up and will not need telehpone comminication most of the time because of my heath and the presents of my husbands relatives around me always.They have sold most of my husbands property

I don´t want a situation where this money will be used in any way that those not concern the will of Allah. Hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going to. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Allah. I want your telephone communication in this regard because of my health because of the presence of my family relatives around me always . I don´t want any of my husband family relatives to recieve this money. With Allah all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Finance/bank. I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the new beneficiary of this fund. I want you and your muslim individual to always pray for me because the Allah is my shepherd. My happiness is that I live a life of a worthy musliThe Quran made us to understand that, "Whosoever fear Allah and keep his duty for him he will make a way for him to get out of every difficulty and he will provide him from every sources he could never imagined and whosoever put his trust in Allah then he will suffice him"(Al-Quran 65:2-3)The holy Quran also says if any do deeds of righteousness be they male or female and have faith,they will enter the Paradise and not the least injustice will be done to them(Al-Quran 4:124)The Holy Quran also made it clear that, as a righteous Muslim, Allah will fight my case and I shall hold my peace.

Whoever that wants to serve Allah must serve him in truth, Please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a mosque or muslim individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated here. I pray to Allah for his providence for a smooth transfer. If this picks your interest, please do contact me immediately through this email address [email protected] for more details . I will be highly appreciate to receive your telephone and fax number.

Remain blessed in the name of the Allah.

Mrs Fatima Jumai Abdoul

Compare to this older scam :

Peace be with you,

My name is Mrs. Mari Johnson., a nationality of Morocco . I am married
to late Mr.david johnson who worked with Moroco embassy in Ivory Coast for
nine years before he died in the year Octorber 2003. We were married
for twenty years with a child. He died after a the illness that lasted for
long four days. Before his death we were both born again Christians.
When my late husband was alive we deposited the sum of ($9.5 Million U.S.
Dollars) with one of good security company here in Cote d'Ivoire.
Presently, this money is still with the security company. Recently my
Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to
my cancer problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having known
my condition I decided to donate this fund to church or better still a
Christian individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to
instruct here in.

I want a person or church that will use this fund to churches,
orphanages, research centres and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I have a
child that will inherit this money but my son can not carryout this
work only because i and my late husband decide to use some of the money to
work for God and live some for our son to have a better live.our son is just
17yearold now and been grow up in africa, he have low manterity and my
husband´s relatives are not Christians and I don´t want my family hard
earned money to be misused by unbelievers. I don´t want a situation
where this money will be used in an ungodly manner. Hence the reason for
taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am
going to. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS
14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace.

I want your telephone communication in this transaction because of my
health because of the presence of my family relatives around me always
.call me or my son his name is kevin johnson, I don´t want any of my
husband family relatives to recieve this money. With God all things are
possible.As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact
of the Finance/company. I will also issue you a letter of authority that
will empower you as the new beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the
church to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is
that I live a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve
the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth. Please always be prayerful all
through your life.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a church or
Christian individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you
will act accordingly as I stated here. Expecting to hearing from you Remain
blessed. email: [email protected]

Notice the similarities between this one and the first - from a different scammer

Dearest,
Assalam Alekum

I do recognised the surprise this letter will bring to you, most especially as it comes from a stranger.I am Saara Yuusuf. We from Guinea Bissau. I am married to Dr Da'uud Yuusuf who worked with Libya embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year 2004. We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only two weeks. Before his death we were both faithful Muslim.

Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the holly Quaran is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of ($3.8Million U.S. Dollars) with the security company here in Abidjan Presently, the fund is still with the security company. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have serious sickness which
is cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness.

Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a Islamic institution or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want a Islamic that will use this fund for orphanages, widows, propagating the word of mighty Allah and to endeavour that the house of mighty Allah is maintained. The holly Quaran made us to understand that Blessed is the hand that gives. I took this decision because I don’t have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Muslim and I don’t want my husband’s efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don’t want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the mighty Allah.

As stated in the holly Quaran (Surah xxxvi Yasin) Thou wariest only him who followeth the reminder and fearieth the beneficent in secret to him bear tiding of forgives and a rich reward. I don’t need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband’s relatives around me always. I don’t want them to know about
this development. With mighty Allah all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the security company here in Abidjan.

I want you and the Islamic institution to always pray for me because the mighty Allah is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Muslim. Whoever that Wants to serve the mighty Allah must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life. Contact me on the above e_mail address for more information, any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another Islamic or individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply.Thanks.

Regards.
Sister Saara Yuusuf.
Advertisement