Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#14372 by chikay Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 am
i would like to know is that is this a scam? i apply as an aupair by then...

Hello,

I'm Nobert and my wife's name is Rachael , We need a loving au pair to take care of our kids sussie and sam, I have looked up your profile page and found you suitable for the position , I would expect to hear from you if you are interested in this position. Also inform me when you intend to start and also for how long you plan to stay..We stay in Liverpool,UK, if you need to talk to me i can provide you with my telephone number.

Thank you,

Mr & Mrs Lourdesville.
Advertisement

#14373 by The Enchantress Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 am
Welcome to Scamwarners chikay. The information in your post appears very scam like.

Vague details - no address given - poor grammar.

Please see this Guide here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3019

Could you please post the mail address used - but not your own details.

If you have any questions or concerns - a support team member will be glad to help you.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#14393 by Jillian Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm
I've moved this thread to victim support from the intro to scams forum.

Hi chikay and welcome. It does look like a scam. In addition to the information The Enchantress asked for, if you can find and post the email header, removing your own information, we will also likely be able to tell you the country the email was sent from. It doesn't read like it was sent from the UK.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners