Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#14918 by Peta Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:56 am
The English text in this initial scam script is of very high quality. It is simply an example of stock standard advanced fee fraud but the scammer has utilized resources to prepare a quality script. If you have been in contact with this scammer you will notice that the superb English will disappear very quickly once the scammer is caught off script.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from [203.188.203.172] <- IP points to Taiwan
Received: from [220.181.53.241] <- IP points to China
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: as agree?

Please accept my sincere apology for contacting you in this unsolicited manner. I have resorted to such desperate measures due to the urgency of my request, which I hope you'll be able to appreciate.I am in a precarious situation that warrants my reluctance to divulge any extraneous details until I become able to confirm a trustworthy business relationship with empathetic partners of sufficiently similar resolve. I'm hoping that this plea reaches you as a fitting candidate for my proposal of establishing a mutually beneficial enterprise.As is par for the course with messages of this nature, protecting money is my primary problem. I possess an abundance of it and am needing to know if you are capable of handling large funds in a trustworthy fashion.Presently, I am in the tight clutches of my native government (which I can identify specifically later, if we find an arrangement agreeable ahead), who has among other things confiscated my company and freedom in order to finance its reformation programs over the past few years. I have been a construction engineer and a gold merchant during that time. The internet remains as my only uncensored link to the outside world and I would be immensely appreciative if you'd take me seriously. You will be well remunerated for your assistance and efforts. I would need your utmost confidentiality to avoid my government's notice but complete honesty with me in order to achieve a successful transfer of this fund.All required arrangements have been made for the transfer of this fund through a diplomatic service t o your secured receiving address. Shipment would commence within forty-eight (48) hours from my receipt of your necessary details. Please include your telephone, fax, and mobile numbers, if available, as well as your secured receiving address. My diplomatic contact is not aware of the content as "funds" but "luggage" which would therefore be marked as (Diplomatic Luggage) in transit, and thereby rendered strictly confidential. This should be kept between the both of us until you receive this "luggage". They exclusively offer door-to-door delivery service so a P.O.Box is insufficient.The said fund is a total of $8.9 Million USD, all in $100 dollar bills. I am willing to give you 15% of that amount as payment for your successful participation. The remainder is to be invested into a profitable business until I can travel to meet you and my funds can be returned to me.I eagerly await your details in order to commence the shipment. Regards, Yacouba Taylor NB: Email me via this email [email protected]
Advertisement