Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#14946 by Peta Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:55 am
"Janice" does not have $18M sitting in a metalic trunk box in Cote d'Ivoire awaiting your help to move it out of the country. "She" (actually a he) only has plans to steal a much money as possible from victims of this scam in the form of phony legal/government/bank transfer fees.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from cantv.net (rs20s9.datacenter.cha.cantv.net [200.109.127.76]) <- IP originates in Venezuela – home of cantv.net
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-ORIGINATOR-IP: 41.207.26.130 <- IP points to Cote D'Ivoire - Scammers location
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mrs Janice Edwards
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009

Mrs Janice Edwards
Abidjan-Cote D'Ivoire

Dearest One,
It's my pleasure to contact you for a business venture,there is this huge amount of money Eighteen million U.S Dollars($18,000,000.00) which my late Husband Mr.Victor Edwards kept for us in a security storage house here in Abidjan before he was assassinated by unknown persons, this money is concealed in a metallic trunk box deposited with a security storage house here in Cote d'Ivoire, Due to the instruction he laid down before he deposited the box, that he needed maximum security & safety of the trunk box and no body can trace where about of the box untill i'm ready to claim it.

Now my son and I decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside this country for security purposes.We want you to help us to transfer this fund to your country for investment purposes on the followings below or in any investment of your choice.

1). Telecommunication
2). International School
3). Five star hotel
4). Real Estate

If you can be of an assistance to me I will be pleased to offer to you 10% of the total sum while 5% will be for miscellaneous expenses incured during the transaction.

I await your soonest response.

Extend my warmest regards to your entire family.
Thanks and God bless you
Sincerely
Mrs. Janice Edwards
Advertisement