Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15389 by Chris Fuller Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:35 pm
Typical emails from a fake refugee and a fake lawyer, promising love and a share in millions of dollars in return for a £1980 fee. The refugee and the lawyer are not real, and there is no money. The scammer (who is most likely writing both the refugee’s and the lawyer’s emails) just wants the £1980. To start with. If anyone pays that, they will probably find that more fees will follow.

My Dearest ,
How is your day? I believe it is great. As i have gone through a lot of trauma. I appreciate your effort towards me, your interest to assist me transfer my late father's money to your position pending my arrival to meet with you to start a new life.. As i told you in my previous mail, i am presently living in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the death of my parents..Things are very difficult here and all my hopes is on you and for you to assist me transfer the 16.8 million dollars deposited by my late father to your position, so that you can send some money for me to prepare my travelling documents to meet with you. I have informed the bank about my plans to claim this money, and the only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf due to my refugee status. In this regards, i will like you to contact the bank immediately with this information, telling them that you are my foreign partner, and that you want to know the possibilities of assisting me transfer the 16.8 million dollars deposited by my late father Dr.Arnold Dako, of which i am the next of kin.The contact information of the bank is as follows.

STANDARD LIFE BANK LIMITED SCOTLAND.
Email: ([email protected])
Email: ([email protected])
The name of the transfer officer is Dr Paulo Kembe
Phone : +447031812777
Fax : +44 871 264 5558

When you write them, tell them that you are my foreign partner and that you want to assist me transfer my late fathers money to your account due to my refugee status here in Dakar and i have told them about you and also given them your email address. God bless you as i wait for your call after contacting them. my number again (+221- 766 677 555)
Yours Tracy..

My God, Darling i'm not what you think that i am, i'm for real and you have to believe me if you want to help me, the contact of the bank email address i sent to you is the transfer department and that's the real contact of the bank in scotland, just try to contact them first and see if they respond to you fine about me, they know me and i have also told them about you because they were the one that advised me to look for a foreign partner that can stand on my behalf due to my refugee status here in Senegal Dakar. I need your help somuch because i don't have anybody in life to run to that's why i contacted you and deposed all my trust on you because i must trust someone, please Darling you have to believe me and see if i'm telling you the truth by contacting the bank in scotland with the details i sent to you, God knows that i have deposed all my trust on you and i don't have any reason to lie to you, i love you Darling please take good care of yourself for me and please try to contact the bank for me to see if i'm for real.
Yours ever,
Tracy.

Darling how are you doing today? Mine's cold here in Senegal Dakar. I have gone through the content letter from the bank, and i quite understand very well they demanded for documents. Thank God we have got the death certificate and the last statement of account already. I have them here with me. What we need now is the power of attorney and change of ownership which they said will be prepared by a senegalies based lawyer. After reading the mail, i discussed the issue with the revrend father because he's like a father to me. He introduced me to one Barrister, so this is the lawyer's contact is as follow.

His name is Barrister Laurence Musa.
E-mailaddress:([email protected])
Phone number: (+221 778 180 788)

Darling, write to this lawyer now and Tell him that you are my foreign partner that you want him to prepare a power of attorney and a change of name of ownership. Thank you very much for your love and care towards me Darling, and i love you somuch. Bye while i wait for your nice mail and also try to call me today again after contacting the lawyer.
Yours Forever
Tracy.

LEGAL PRACTITIONER & ATTORNEYS OF SUPREME COURT OF JUSTICE
DIOP CHAMBER.
SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES.
18 LAMINE GUAYE (3rd floor)
DAKAR SENEGAL
JUDICIARY OFFICE.
TEL: +221 77 8180788.
Sir,
Goodday, My name is Barrister Laurence Musa. A senegaliese based lawyer of Diop Chamber. First and formost, i must say that i was informed or being introduced in this transaction of Miss Tracy Arnold, about her late father's depossited fund in one of the leading Bank in Scotland. And, i promise to do my very best in this transaction to make sure that the money is transfered to your own accout without hesitation. Sir, i will like you to bear with me, as a matter of fact sir, you must know that to get a special power of attorney and change of ownership will cost some amount of money, now, i will like you to pay the sum of 1,980 GBPounds, (One Thousand nine hundred and eighty GBPounds) before the special power of attorney and change of ownership can be prepared and forward to you immediately. And you have to send your name in full which you are using in operating your account to enable me prepare the change of ownership. Sir, i will assure you with my whole heart to help you and your partner, now, after writing to you i will also write to the bank in Scotland immediately. Sir, to send the money has to be through western union money transfer, (Senegal Dakar) pay it through my Finacial secretary's name
(Dikenwosi Bight Mase) Thanks, i shall wait for your comply soon.
Sincerely Yours,
Barr. Laurence Musa.

Darling what's wrong with you? You are no longer writing to me all this while and you are making me cry here every day and night, i somuch need your assistance because you are all i have in life, please Darling try to help me out of this situation i'm facing now because i don't any other place to go, it's just you i have to help me you have to try and do all you can to assist me, i love you and i want to spend the rest of my life with you, please write to the lawyer and tell him how much you can pay and propose to him that after the transfer of my money into your account then we can pay him the balance. Please help me and God will bless you for me as you have the mind to help me out, kisses and many hugs from your only one, waiting to hear from you soonest.
Tracy

Darling how else do you want me to make you understand me? ok, i have attached the following documents: Statement of account, Death certificate of my late father Arnold and my refugee identity card. I somuch need your help Darling, though i know it's hard to believe me but you must understand one thing that i don't have any couse to lie to you because we never meet before, i deposed all my trust to you because i need to trust someone to help. I have spoken with the lawyer after reading your mail and he said if you want account details to transfer the money he demanded for he can send it to you, so please Darling, write to him and let him know what you think and please also try to write back to me as well, i love you very much, please takegood care of yourself for now till i'm there in your country with you to take care of you. Once again Darling, i somuch need your help, bye for now and many warm hugs from your only one,
Tracy.

Advertisement

#15705 by Chris Fuller Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:59 pm
Here are two opening mails from scammers who are also pretending to be orphans/refugees in Senegal:

IP Address: 41.214.33.79 - Senegal

from Nancy Azngo: [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Thu, Oct 29, 2009
subject Hello

Hello,please write me at ([email protected]) I am writting this letter with due respect and heartful of tears since we have not known or meet ourselves previously I am asking for your assistance after I have gone through your a profile that speaks good of you. I want to find out if its possible for you to deal with individual as to investment. My dear i will be so glad if you can allow me and lead me to the right channel towards your assistance to my situation now.I will make my proposal well known to you. I would like to use this opportunity to introduce myself to you. Well I am nancy azango 24yer old girl from Liberia in west Africa,i am a daughter of late Dr Robert Azango My late father was the personal advicer to the former head of state president Charles Taylor who is now in prison, before the rebels attacked our house one early morning killing my mother and my father It was only me that is alive now, and i managed to make my way to near by country, The main reason why I am contacting you now is to seek your assistance in the area of my future investment and also to help me to transfer the money that he deposited in bank over to your possession. the amount is (US10.5 Million dollars) he made this deposit some years back,the money was deposited as a family tresure which i am the nest of kin.I am now asking you to stand on my behalf as my partner, and in time of claiming the money and investment as well. I have made up my mind to offer you 25%of the total money, while the remaining will go into a productive business for me or you take me as your daugther to manage the money, As I have mention earlier I will make the procedure to this transaction to be well know to you. Pls attach your direct and full contact address as you reply to me. please contact me with this e-mail addrerss so that i will give you the full information. ([email protected])

IP Address: 41.214.48.98 - Senegal

from Divina John <[email protected]>
date Thu, Oct 22, 2009
subject Is Me Divina !

Dearest One ,
How was your day?? I am Divina the daughter of Late Dr Johnson Kata, the formal Chairman of National Diamond mining co-operation in SOMALIA who was killed during the crisis in my country. Due to the persistence war in SOMALIA my family and I now move to the Republic of senegal to seek refugee.While in Senegal, I came across your contact, which i'm very sure you can handle my problem. When my Father was in office he deposited an amount of Five million Seven hundred thousand US dollars ($5,700.000)and some quantity of diamond in a Bank and insurance company in Senegal for security reason which all documents relating to this form is presently under my care.

My problem is I have decided to move out of Africa for settlement. And i needed your assistance by introducing me to a lucrative business investment as well as locating a residence that can contain me in your country. More importantly, i needed you to accommodate this fund in your care abroad before my departure. Right now myself together with my one Sister presently living in the Camp here in Senegal Sir, on your interest we would need immediate response from you as soon as possible to enable us reach the Bank .on how best this money can be move out. NOTE: I have not tell anyone except you. please get back to me thruogh this my email box( [email protected] ) inreagrd to help us, I will therefore want all my discussion with you in relating to this transaction to remain with you alone and confidential in order not to dent our family image because of my father position in the society.Thanks for your help, As I look forward to work with you.

Divina Johnson

PLEASE THIS ARE NECESSARY REQUIREMENT NEEDED FROM YOU
BY THE BANK .

NAME.......................... ............
YOUR POSITION...................... ............
STATE/COUNTRY................. ............
BANK/ACCONUT DETAILS......................
TELE/FAX NUMBERS....................... ...
REMAIN BLESS

Fake refugees can also be male, and may situate themselves in many countries. This one might be pretending to be either male or female, and is claiming to be a Sudanese citizen, now a refugee at the Buduburam Refugee Camp in Ghana. Buduburam Refugee Settlement truly exists, but the writer of this email is not a wealthy Sudanese refugee there. This scammer does not have an inheritance of millions of dollars. He is not the son of the former Vice-President of Sudan. His story is untrue.

IP Address: 41.218.197.107 - Accra, Ghana

from alex garang <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Sat, Oct 24, 2009
subject i need your sincere assistance

Dear Sir,

commpliment of the day

My name is. alex garange,
and I want to use this opportunity to ask for your help.
right now,my mother,my younger brother and i were in the buduburum refugee
camp,here in Accra-Ghana,due to war in our country Sudan. And my father
Dr John Garang was the former Vice President of Sudan. my father was among
the people that were killed in Plane Crashed in July 30th 2005 and was buried

in August 02nd 2005.
Leaving the refugee camp is our planned,but there is something owing us back in
refugee camp. Before the death of my father,he was a international
business man with his owned private company in darfur-Sudan,and the company
was burnt down during the war,by the Government officials. My
late father Deposited the sum of US$25,million united states dollars)cash in two
trunk boxes (as a consignments) in a reputable security company in Accra-
Ghana, After his death, when the Government are looking for us to be killed, we ran

away to Accra-Ghana,
we seek the assistance of an attorney in Accra-Ghana,we went along with him to the
security company and we met the director of the company And he showed us the Two
trunk boxes and my late father deposited it as family Treasure,and family
Belongings meaning the security company did not know the content of it.
we want u to help us take the delivery of the consignments in your country
as our foreign partner and beneficiary over there in your country,and after
you must have taken it,my younger brother and i will come over to your country to
start a new life and to continue our education over there,and you are going to help
us invest the $25 million USD over there in your country.
My purpose of contacting you is to appoint you as my trustee. I agree to give
you part of the total money (35%) for your role. If you accept my proposal,
please reply with the following information:

NAME:
MOBILE NUMBER
God Bless You,
alex garange,