Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15571 by casandra Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 pm
i recently recieved a job offer from these people and would love for it to be true but my gut says its a scam.
here is what ive recieved. She says she will send a money order they cant forge those can they?

We are looking for a Personal assistant who can run a business.
Requirement:
candidate must possess the ability carry out task
computer skills reliable Health & Safety Regulations would be a benefit

Sandra Faith

This job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are provided that there is a post office in the area. In addition to that, I don't mind you doing all of the tasks during your spare time outside of work or school... I wish I could meet up with you to talk about this job in person but I am currently away on business. I am in Bahrain so there will be no interview. I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping and have my mails/packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at home to get the mails, I can have them shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick them up at your convenience.
All errands will be in your city/town so It is not a must that you have a car for the job, you can go places by bus or taxi.... When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You won't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal the content. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20hrs a per week..
How much will you charge in a Month? I will pay $1000. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town... I am an Architect. I will return to America in September 2010 so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well,Please email me if you are interested. Thanks.
Thanks for your time
....................................................................................................................................................
I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at Sears,Walmart, Circuit city, Best buy and other stores. You will be shopping for household items, Electronics,clothing and bibles. I will provide you my UPS account number for Shipping.. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.. If I were to mail you Money Order to do my errands plus upfront payment for your service, how should your name appear on the Money Order?
What address should I mail it to? and your phone number must be added to it?i will like you to get back to me with:
Your Full name
Full address
Mobile number
where to send the money order to .

Sandra
Subject: Re: Job Offer
"Sandra Faith" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 1:29 AM
Advertisement

#15573 by crazy_horse Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 pm
Hi casandra,

I'm glad you found this site! :D

Yes, this is a scam. Money orders can be forged and/or altered (although not as easily as a check).

How it works is: the scammer will send you altered money orders for a higher amount than he/she has agreed to pay you. You will then be asked to wire the difference back to them in "Bahrain" via Western Union or Moneygram. There is a very high probability that the scammer is not even located in Bahrain, but he/she does not need to be to collect the money. You will then be the one that they are looking for when the deception is realized.

What is more likely to happen than sending you a forged money order is for the scammer to send you a fake check and tell you to wait until your bank has cleared the check before you buy anything and wire any excess money back to him/her. The bank will clear the check and make the money available to you long before they find out that it is fake. You will then be responsible for the fake check and the scammer will be long gone, or worse, send you another fake check to "cover" the first.

#15586 by The Enchantress Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:02 am
Welcome to Scamwarners casandra.

crazy_horse is correct a definite scam.

Please do not reply and cease contact with this scammer.

Noted this "fake" job advertised here;

http://www.qcareers.com/jobdetails.cfm?jid=7141

Work from Home

Job Information
Post Date: Jul 03, 2009 Type: Part Time
Start Date: - n/a - Salary: $1000.00USD

Job Details
Description
YOU WILL EARN GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU CAN SERVE GOD BY DOING THIS...KINDLY REPLY TO THIS EMAIL([email protected])...
THIS JOB IS VERY SIMPLE AND IT IS FULL/PART TIME JOB FOR WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...WHO WE NEED IS TRUSTWORTHY AND HONEST PERSON ...PLEASE IF YOU KNOW YOU DONT POSSES ANY OF THIS QUALITIES DONT MAIL US ...
GOD BLESS YOU...............
REV Gomez

Contact Information
Ministry

City: McAllen
State/Province: Texas
Zipcode: 78501
Email: [email protected]

The scam would continue with this mailed reply;

This job is all about help for children, Tribes and other federally funded child welfare agencies in building their capacity to ensure permanency for abused and neglected children through adoption and adoption preservation services, this opportunity is in conjunction with The National Child Welfare Resource Center for Adoption (NCWRCA)
The Center specializes in providing technical assistance, with a focus on program planning, policy development and practice through consultation, training, information/research and resource materials aimed at supporting organizations in their efforts for continuous program improvement. Additionally, the Center offers resources to assist with every phase of the Federal Child and Family Services Reviews.

OUR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SUPPORTS AREAS INCLUDE:
* Timely Permanency Options
* Best & Promising Practice Information/Research
* Operating under Federal Regulations (ASFA,MEPA/IEP,ICWA)
* Preparing and Retaining Resource Families
* Permanency Preparation and Planning for Children, Youth, and Families
* Adoption Support and Preservation Services
* Adoption Assistance
* Collaborating with Outside Systems of Service
* Donating of christian bibles,books and other varieties to the Orphanage home.
* Job opportunity FULL/PART to receive all donations from
donators worldwide repack them in a box and drop them at the nearest UPS
office there UPS will have them shipped to there appropriate
location(orphanage home)where they are being needed.

JOB REQUIREMENT:

*PRINTER(PRINTER) :YOU NEED A PRINTER TO PRINT OUT SHIPPING LABELS THAT ARE
TO BE PASTED ON BOXES BEFORE DROPPING THEM OFF)
*YAHOO MESSENGER: YOU NEED THIS TO CHAT WITH OUR ONLINE REP SO HE/SHE CAN HAVE YOU NOTIFIED WHEN TO EXPECT DONATIONS

PAYMENT METHOD:

THIS JOB PAYS $1000.00USD A MONTH AND IT DEPEND ON HOW YOU WANT YOUR PAYMENT TO BE MADE,
OPTIONS ARE(CHECK/MONEY ORDER/DIRECT DEPOSIT/WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER)PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH THE ADDRESS WHERE YOU WANT YOUR PAYMENT AND DELIVERY SENT TO AND ALSO REPLY
WITH THE PAYMENT METHOD YOU PREFER

VERY IMPORTANT :
IMPORTANT: FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY AND TO BE FULL REGISTERED YOU MUST ADD ([email protected])TO YOUR YAHOO MESSENGER LIST,HE/SHE WILL BE WAITING TO HELP YOU OUT IN CASE IF THERE IS ANY QUESTION.

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION :

WHAT IS UR NAME?
HOW OLD ARE U?
ARE U A CHRISTIAN?
ARE U SINGLE/MARRIED?
HOW CLOSE IS UPS OFFICE TO YOU?
DO U HAVE A PRINTER?
HOW DO U WANT YOUR PAYMENT TO ME MADE TO YOU?
CHECK/WESTERN UNION/DIRECT DEPOSIT/MONEY ORDER?
WHAT IS UR PHONE NUMBER?
WHAT IS UR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS?
WHERE WILL U LIKE YOUR DONATION AND PAYMENT SENT(VALID ADDRESS)

Remain Blessed

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#15619 by GomerPyle Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 pm
E mail address - 'mission 4 orphans' ?

Occupation - architect ?

Sending cheques for you to do shopping online for him ?

It's as if the constituent parts of several scams have been assembled together to make a scam that makes no sense.

The cheques could go straight into his bank account and he could shop online - but, of course, he has no money and no bank account. The cheques are fake and he is looking to spend your money so that you ship him goods.

Just banking counterfeit cheques will get you hassle and your bank wanting to know why you're banking fake cheques.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer