Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15700 by Chris Fuller Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm
This is a scam. The writer is not who he says he is, and he has no grant or donation to offer you. He just wants to take your money in fake costs and fake fees. Please do not reply to an email like this.

from MR.TIM PETERSON. <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Fri, Oct 30, 2009
subject Re: Your Fund ((US$7.5m)) Verification from UNDFR,

UNITED NATION DEVELOPEMENT FUND
100 CAIESDYKES ROAD KINCORTH ABERDEEN AB12 5JR, UNITED KINGDOM.
EMAIL:[email protected]

Attention: Sir/Madam

My Name is Mr.Tim Peterson the new United Nation Development Fund Chairman in London U.k

This is to notify you that you have been officially chosen by the Board of UNDF (United Nation Development Fund) as one of the final recipients of a Cash Grant/Donation for Economic Growth and a Poverty Alleviation Scheme through your email.

I will be ready to help you get your fund if you abide to my instructions to enable me help in delivering your fund as the United Nation Development Fund Chairman principal officer. I have decided with my veto power that you must receive your beneficiary fund which is US$7.5m (Seven million five hundred united states dollars) to ascertain really whom I am.

Please do not disregard this message! It is in your best interest to follow the directions above exactly as instructed.

You are advice to email me back via my private mailbox at:
[email protected]

Regards,
Tim Peterson,
Advertisement

#16035 by Chris Fuller Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:41 pm
This is another version of a fake grant on offer, this time pretending to involve the European Commission, the UK Government, and the US 2009 Recovery Plan, as well as the United Nations.

from SHIRLEY LEWIS <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Sun, Nov 8, 2009
subject Personal Email Notification - November, 2009

Dear Beneficiary, Find attached your free grant information for the year 2009.

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

Attached Grant Information.pdf reads:

YOUR FREE GRANT INFORMATION

Economic Recovery Information

To promote growth and creating new jobs in the European economy and to all the nations of the world, we are given out a yearly donation to 10 lucky recipients as funding/aid from the European Commission, United Nations, UK Government and the United States 2009 Recovery Plan.

The UK Government is given out a cash grant /donation to individuals, for your own personal, educational,
and business development (SME funding).Also to Exporters and Importers, and Companies all over the world.
There's more than a thousand opportunity for the grants out there, waiting for deserving applicants.
The UK government sets aside half a trillion sterling for grants each year, so go right ahead and see if you can get your share.

For more information

First, contact Public Information Office for free assistance,

Email:[email protected]
Contact Name: Jack Thomas

Secondly, it is important that you provide the following information to reduce the burden that you may encounter during this process.

FULL NAME:
FULLADDRESS:
TELEPHONE:
COMPANY (if any):

In addition to the above, use the subject "GRANT INFORMATION" and include detailed information on what you plan to do with the grant if it eventually gets to you.

I hope this information will be of help to you,

Free/Public Information Officer