Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15708 by Chris Fuller Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:48 pm
These scammers are pretending to be widows (with lots of money) who need your help. Their intention is that you agree to transfer their pretend wealth to your bank account, so they (or their fake lawyer or fake banker) can charge fees for the enabling of this - but they may also agree to other kinds of financial help, eg passport or visa costs, resettlement costs, money for food or medical expenses, etc.

The writers of this sort of email, however, are not who they say they are, and they do not have millions of dollars, or any of the needs or problems they might mention. They are not telling the truth, but have invented their story to scam you out of your money.

from Mrs. Victoria Abraham: [email protected]
reply-to [email protected]
date Thu, Oct 22, 2009
subject CRYING OUT FOR HELP

I PRAY YOU WILL UNDERSTAND!!! From Mrs. Victoria Abraham, No. 23, Ebutele Street Gwanda,Zimbabwe Am Mrs. Victoria Abraham the wife of Mr. Morgan Abraham of Gwanda town in Zimbabwe. Your contact information came to me from your country's trade journal during my search for a reliable and God fearing person that can assist me and my only son, and I quite believe on my own that you can be of great help in this regard even if I am not acquainted to you before. The business involves the transfer of EIGHTEEN MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS ONLY (US$18,700,000.00) into your account for safe keeping. This fund is inherited from my late husband who was assassinated by the president's (ROBERT MUGABE) aides in view of taking his lands and property because of the crisis which lead to the killing and banishing of foreign (white) farmers. After the death of my husband (A day I can never forget) I was approached by our family lawyer who told me that my late husband had filed a document with him which stipulates his "WILL”. In the "WILL" he specifically pointed and I quote, Darling, I wish to draw your attention to the sum of Eighteen Million Seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollars(U.S$18.7M)which I deposited with a Security Company in United Kingdom with all the documents filed by our lawyer. In case of my absence on earth caused by death only, you should solicit for a foreigner that can assist you to transfer the money out from the securitiy company for investment purposes. I have saved this money to make the future of my only son "Christopher Abraham" From the above, you will understand that my future especially the future of my son depends on this money and as such I will be grateful if you can assist us in transferring this fund to your account overseas for our investments. When i get your positive response,then i can give you the contact of my son "MR. Christopher Abraham" in South Africa so that you can contact him on Telephone as he will direct you with our lawyer to arrange the modalities of transferring this fund without any hitch. For your assistance we have agreed to offer you 20% of the whole fund, 5% for any expenses that may be incurred while the remaining 75% will be kept for us under your care till our arrival in your country.God bless you for your anticipated understanding and co-operation. Best regards Mrs. Victoria Abraham. (For the family)

IP Address: 41.218.219.178 - Accra, Ghana

from Abddulrazeez <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Fri, Oct 30, 2009
subject I NEED YOUR HELP

compliment of the day,

I am Mrs. Hannatu Abdulrazeez aged 27 years from the Republic of Sudan in Darfour region now seeking asylum with my two children here in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
under the (U.N.H.C.R.) camp ground, Malaysia Actually I do not know you before but I got your contact as a trustworthy person through my careful search in searching of a trustworthy person.

My late husband Capt. Abdulrazeez Bamanga was one of the senior officials of revolutionary united front of Sudan (RUF) who died on 18/12/2000 with some of his colleagues during a cross fire battle between the RUF and the peace keeping forces in Sudan which include ECOMOG, British Army and U.N troops.

In brief we have the sum of US$7.8,000,000.00 which we want to invest in your country through your guidance. This money was deposited by my late husband in a Private Security Firm here in Malaysia, which my son Ahmedu 10 years old of age was made the beneficiary and the next of kin as the only son of the family. Because of the present situation in my country Sudan in Darfour Region, my Son Ahmedu and my daughter left our country recently for safety as the present government of Ahmed E-Bashir is probing all families relating to the revolutionary united fronts which my husband was a key member.

We are in desperate need of your assistance both in evacuation and dislodgement of this money to your country and advice on a profitable business venture to invest this money as we believe that your country is more politically and economically stabilized for any investment through your professional advice. We have proposed 20% of the total sum for all necessary assistance and protection we may need in your country.

Please treat this matter as highly personal because all our future now depends on this money and we can not afford to make any mistake whatsoever. Please try and reply urgently on receipt of this letter in other to arrange on the best possible way to do it for safety.at ([email protected])
i will be waithing to here from you,
yours Faithfully
i will be happy to here from you.

Thanks.
Advertisement