Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#16715 by Peta Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:06 am
The person pretending to be "George Williams" is a scammer located in Indonesia. He is using a free UK telephone redirect service in a weak attempt to appear as though he is located in the UK. All contact number preceded with +4470 are UK redirect numbers. If you telephone these numbers, the person picking up the call could be anywhere in the world. In this case, he is in Indonesia. This phony "foreign investment" opportunity is nothing but standard advanced fee fraud. The worthless criminal behind this online fraud will demand from victims, the payment of fees, fees and more fees. But the investment will never eventuate because the $3.35M never existed. Note that the scammer is also using the email address [email protected]

X-Originating-IP: [114.59.248.210] <- IP points to Indonesia
To: <[email protected]> <- Scammer has sent the email to himself. Why would he do that?
Subject: Your Assistance is Needed.........
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

I am Mr George Williams, a business merchant, I am seeking for your co-operation and devotion for foreign investment in building a 5 star Tourist Hotel and Real Estate in your country. I apologize for any inconveniences if this is not your field of profession.

How ever, i need an experienced investment partner to assist me to set up this project successfully. I estimated the sum of US$3,350,000.00 Million for this project, which I will transfer as soon as possible immediately our discussion is positive and sealed.

On the resumption of this project, you will be a member of the governing board as Director of works and project Management.

You will also be entitled to a share percentage of 15% and more other benefits as we advance further, while 85% stands for the company.

Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated and I shall give you more detailed information concerning this project.

Please if you have any interest for this project; correspond to my office via my email address: [email protected]

Mr George Williams
Advertisement