Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#16760 by Breakwind Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:17 pm
From MICHAEL ATTAH Tue Nov 17 04:37:05 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.142; Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:37:08 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 209.85.210.115
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [209.85.210.115]
Authentication-Results: mta1028.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=gmail.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=gmail.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mail-yx0-f115.google.com) (209.85.210.115) by mta1028.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:37:07 -0800
Received: by mail-yx0-f115.google.com with SMTP id 13so1850413yxe.24 for <multiple recipients>; Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:37:06 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature:<snip>
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.101.177.13 with SMTP id e13mr1241193anp.95.1258432625999; Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:37:05 -0800 (PST)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:37:05 +1100
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Very Very Confidentil!
MICHAEL ATTAH <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001636988b67a5848c047889add7
Content-Length: 15232

With due respect!

Sir,

Permit me for bumping into your privacy, I am not sure if you will take the give me the benefit of the doubt.

I am Mr Michael Attah, a Banker in Ghana. I got your contact on the internet, while searching for someone that can handle what I am about to
bring before you.It sounds so strange to hear that one will be searching the internet looking for a prospective business acquaintance. That was exactly
what I have done, because the situation necessitated it. I am in total and bsolute control of a portfolio that could be of mutual benefit to the two
of us, if we are able to come to an agreement to work together.

I would like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you. In February 2006, one Mr. Jeffrey Lyndon Rush a gold miner
in the (Ashanti Gold Fields Obuasi Ghana) came to our bank to engage in business discussions. He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of
Twenty-Two million United States Dollars, which he wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf.

I was assigned to take care of Mr.Jeffrey Lyndon Rush considering the fact that he has a big portfolio that he wants to invest in our Bank. I made
numerous suggestions, especially given the volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on numerous occasions prior to any investments being
placed. I encouraged him to consider various growth funds with prime ratings. The favored route in my advice to customers is to start by
accessing data on 6000 traditional stocks and bond managers and 2000 managers of alternative investments. Based on my advice, we spun the money
around various opportunities and made attractive margins for our first year of operation. The accrued profit and interest stood at this point at over
two Million United States Dollars. This margin was not the full potential of the fund, but he desired low risk guaranteed returns on investments.

In May 2008, he asked that part of the investment be liquidated because he needed to make an urgent investment requiring cash payments in London,
United Kingdom, Where he said, he was investing with a Developer. He directed that I liquidate part of the investment and deposit the funds with
a Safe Deposit Firm in Accra, prior to his return from London by the end of the month. I informed him that My Bank would have to make special
arrangements to have this done and in order not to circumvent due process, the bank would have to make a 1.5 % deduction from the funds to cater for
banking and statutory charges. He complained about the charges but later called, when I explained to him the complexities of the task he was asking
of us.

My close relationship with Mr.Jeffrey Lyndon Rush made me to earn his absolute trust and respect; I concluded all arrangements to move two trunks
containing the funds realized from the liquidation of part of the investment to a Safe Deposit Firm in Accra Ghana as instructed. The cash (US$12
Million) was deposited in two trunk boxes. The trunks were presented before this Safe Deposit Firm as containing expensive paintings and family
valuables. This was obviously to protect the actual contents of the two trunks. This deposit was made on 7/08/08, and I informed Mr.Jeffrey Lyndon Rush
that I have concluded the assignment. He asked me to hold the deposit papers, that, he will pick them up and go to the Safe Deposit Firm to retrieve the
trunks upon his arrival from London at the end of the month; this was my last communication with him.

Mr.Jeffrey Lyndon Rush did not come back, This was an astounding position as far as I was concerned, given the fact that I managed the private banking
sector I was the only one who knew about the deposit at the Safe Deposit Firm, and I could not nderstand why the Customer had not come forward to
claim his deposit. I made futile efforts to locate the Customer. Immediately I passed the task of locating him to the internal investigations department
of ICB Ghana Limited. Ten days later, information started to trickle in, apparently our client was dead. A person who suited his description was
declared dead of a heart attack in London, United Kingdom. The body was identified and the cause of death was confirmed. The bank immediately
launched an investigation for a possible surviving next of kin to alert them about the situation and also to come forward to claim his estate. If you are
familiar with private banking affairs, those who patronize our services usually prefer anonymity,also some levels of detachment.

In his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin. In the field of private banking, opening an account with us means no one will know of its existence,
accounts are rarely held under a name; depositors use numbers and codes to make the accounts anonymous,ICB Ghana Limited, also gives the choice to
depositors of having their mail sent to them or held at the bank itself, to ensure that there are no traces of the account and as I said, rarely do they
nominate next of kin. Private banking clients apart from not nominating next of kin also usually in most cases leave wills in our care, in this case; the
deceased died without a testate. In line with our internal processes for account holders who have passed away, we instituted our own investigations
in good faith to determine who should have right to claim the estate. This investigation has for the past months been unfruitful. We have
scanned every continent and used our private companies to get to the root of the problem.

My proposal is, as a foreigner; I want to present you to the safe deposit firm as a representative to late Mr.Jeffrey Lyndon Rush With the original
deposit papers that I am going to give you, the boxes will be released to you upon presentation of the deposit papers.I would have gone ahead to claim
it myself, but that would have raised suspicions since I made the deposit on someone’s behalf.

I have evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is from you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one that is
aware of this situation; good fortune has blessed you with a luck that has planted you into the center of relevance in my life. Let's share the
blessing. If you find yourself able to work with me, contact me through this email account. If you give me positive signals, I will initiate this process
towards a conclusion. I wish to inform you that should you contact me via official channels; I will deny knowing you and about this project. I repeat,
I do not want you contacting me through my official phone lines nor do I want you contacting me through my official email account. Contact me only
through the numbers I will provide for you and also through this email address. My official lines are not secured lines as they are periodically
monitored to assess our level of customer care in line with our Total Quality Management.

I send you this mail without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that
success and riches never come easy or onaa a platter of gold. This is the one truth I have learned from my private banking clients. Do not betray my
confidence.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation,

Sincerely,

Mr. Michael Attah.
Advertisement

#16785 by The Enchantress Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Definite scam - delete and do not reply.

Note this search result on scammers "fake" name click here

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.