Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#16880 by Peta Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 am
I haven't seen a Thailand related scam in a long time. Apart from the fact that the characters have Thai names it really is no different to any other Advanced Fee Fraud email. A man claims to have a huge amount of money he needs to transfer out of a politically unstable country and emails you out of the blue asking for help. The money doesn't exist and "Olarn Chaipravat" is not who he claims to be. His only interest in you is to try and get as much money out of you as possible in the form of fake fees.

Note: There are three IP's in the header details. One from Cambodia and two originating in France. Considering that Cambodia shares a land border with Thailand, there is a good chance that the scammer is located in Cambodia. The scammer also forgot to attach the promised passport.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Originating-IP: [80.12.242.1]
Received: from SRV-LAB-DC1.laboratoire.local (LAubervilliers-153-51-28-49.w193-253.abo.wanadoo.fr [193.253.187.49])
Received: from User ([111.118.142.175])
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Olarn Chaipravat
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009
To: undisclosed-recipients:; This email has been sent to hundreds if not thousands of email addresses.

Dear,

''PLEASE THIS LETTER MUST REMAIN SECRET''

I am Olarn Chaipravat, former deputy prime minister during Thaksin Shinawatra regime which was ousted by a military coup on Sept 19 2006,and Martial law was imposed by the Council for Democratic Reform, now called the Council for National Security. After the Sept 19 coup, i would have called you on phone , but because the new government is taping the past goverment officials phone numbers, so it is no longer safe for me to call you, that is why i think it is safe to send you this mail. we are placed under surveillance.

However my main point of contacting you is to seek your sincere suggestion and guideline to invest in your country. And please because of my previous position in the government, i do not need to tell you of the absolute confidentiality which we both must have to observe, if we are to go into investment, or rather if you are to help me in investing in your country.

I desided to contact you now that I am very sure that all eyes are not on us as it was when the problem first began though we are still going to court but the environment is good now to handle the transaction very safely.

From the news publications attached here in respect of the goverment probes into much of the projects my ministry executed will make you to understand my position with the govenment now.

I thank you very much for taking time to go through my mail, and hope to read from your reply soon, .Thanks for your anticipated co-operation and my
regards to your family.

Good luck,and feel free to contact me on my email for now, until arrangements are made.

yours sincerely,

OLARN CHAIPRAVAT.

I attach herewith my international passport.
Please do not reply here,reply me only at([email protected])
Advertisement