Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#17094 by Chris Fuller Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:20 am
These two scam mails were sent from the same email address within minutes of each other. In the first one, the scammer claims to be a retired man, associated with Eco Bank, about to take a vacation to Japan.

In the second one, he claims to have won a contract in Iraq, where he is now residing.

He gives the same Benin telephone number for the fake Director of Fedex and for the fake Barrister. It is probably his own telephone number. The first of the two emails does not include his IP address, but the second one has a Benin IP address, showing that the mail was sent from Benin, not from Iraq, where he claims to be.

Many scammers operate more than one type of scam at the same time.

from Engr. Rowland Lerner <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Fri, Nov 20, 2009
subject your package registration No, 27.2KGXX5,and deposited Date, 20th Oct 2009

Attn; Dear,
I have been sending mails to you since but its keeps on returning, Dr. Wilson of Eco bank plc, told me that before the draft will get to your hand that it will expire. So I told him to help me cash the funds, $1.500.000.00USD (One Million, Five Hundred Thousand only) in cash to avoid loosing it under expiration because my Boss whom instructed me to send the drafted cheque as your compensation is no more in this country. Bank advised me to go through DIPLOMATIC means because Government of this Country will not allow any bank to transfer the total fund into your account.

That is the reasons I was directed to transfer the fund to you through FedEx Courier Company . I paid for the delivering charges. Do not let Mr. Mike Udah, know the real content of the package to avoid them not run away with your fund. I registered the package as a sample of clothes you want to distribute to all your customers.

Now what you need to do is to send you’re below information's to FedEx Courier Company to enable the safe delivery of the package.
(1) Your Full Name,,,
(2) Contact Address,,,
(3) Phone number,,,
(4) Marital status,,,
(5) AGE,,,

To The Below Contact Person:
Name: Mr. Mike Udah (Director of Fedex Courier Company )
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Phone number: +229-97250983,
Include your package registration No, 27.2KGXX5,and deposited Date, 20th Oct 2009.

I have retired and I will be going on a vacation to Japan with my family. Contact Mr Mike Udah to let you know the tracking number of your package and to know when it will arrive to your country. Meanwhile, I pleaded with them to send it to you before this month (November) runs out so that you will know when their diplomat arrives to your country.Still keep me informed after you might have gotten in touch with them.
Best Regard
Engr.Rowland Lerner

IP Address: 41.216.44.207 - Benin

from Engr,Rowland Lerner. <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Fri, Nov 20, 2009
subject THANKS ALOT!!!

Hello my Dear ,
It's been long I heard from you.I just want to use this medium to
thank you for your earlier assistance to help me to raise funds for
the contract that was awarded to me by the Iraqi government without
any positive outcome.I am obliged to inform you that I have succeeded