Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#18399 by David Jansen Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:04 pm
There are a lot of scams around supposedly coming from ECOWAS officials or banks. The ECOWAS organisation has nothing to do with these scams. They are certainly not randomly contacting people to assist in some kind of business deal or a money recovering scheme.
IP: 41.218.217.115 Accra Ghana
ATTENTION AND URGENTY REPLY

"Dr.Mohamed Adams" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:

Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 1:16 AM (20 hours 47 mins ago)

FROM THE DESK OF Dr.Mohamed Adams chambas,
CHAIRMAN ECOWAS CONTRACT AWARDING
COMMITTEE ECOWAS FUND HEADQUARTERS
P.M.B.5028 ACCRA-REPUBLIC OF GHANA

ACCOUNT PROVISION FOR USD45.5MILLION

I am Dr.Mohamed Adams , chairman of the contract-awarding & auditing committee of the economic community of west African states (ECOWAS) with its fund headquarters in Accra Ghana.. I am making this contact with you based on

the committee need for an individual/company who is willing to assist us with a solution to a money transfer.This amount $45.5m represents the balance of the total contract value executed on behalf of ECOWAS for supply of hospital equipments from foreign contracting firm, which we the officials over-invoiced deliberately, of which the actual sum has been paid.

Should you be willing to assist us in the transaction?

Your share of the sum will be 30% of the $45.5million, 65% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous expenses. To enable us commence, You should provide the followings for immediate kickoff of this deal if it interests you; your

company's names with complete address, tel. and fax numbers.Thank you and God bless, as i wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Please always reply me on this my private Email: ([email protected])

Yours Faithfully,

Dr.Mohamed Adams

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement

#18454 by Breakwind Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:42 pm
From pupsy Orlando Tue Dec 8 12:28:52 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.154; Tue, 08 Dec 2009 04:28:55 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 98.137.27.133
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [98.137.27.133]
Authentication-Results: mta1075.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=sify.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=sify.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO n6.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com) (98.137.27.133) by mta1075.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 08 Dec 2009 04:28:54 -0800
Received: from [67.195.9.81] by n6.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Dec 2009 12:28:53 -0000
Received: from [67.195.9.111] by t1.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Dec 2009 12:28:52 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp115.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Dec 2009 12:28:52 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 53154 invoked by uid 60001); 8 Dec 2009 12:28:52 -0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: <snip>
Received: from [41.203.235.178] by web113720.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 08 Dec 2009 04:28:52 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/9.0.19 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 04:28:52 -0800 (PST)
pupsy Orlando <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Dear Friend,
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-219846092-1260275332=:51965"
Content-Length: 6225

Dear Friend,
I want to transfer to overseas the sum of ($USD15.5M) fifteen million five hundred thousand United States Dollars) from a Prime Bank in Africa. I would like to ask you to quietly look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c can serve as far as it can receive money.

I am Mr Pupsy Orlando an accountant and personal confidant to Dr Laurie Gunson who died together with his wife in a train accident on their way to attend wedding in Boston, he is an American, ECOWAS CONTRACTOR, he died without having any beneficiary to his assets including his account here in Burkina Faso which he opened as his personal savings for the purpose of expansion and developement of his company before his untimely death in 2003..

The amount involved is (USD$15.5M) ), no other person knows about this account. I am contacting you for us to transfer this funds to your account as the beneficiary, I want to transfer the whole (USD$15.5M) into a safe account abroad, but I don't know any foreigner. I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a local person here, But can only be approved to any foreign a/c because the money is in US Dollars and the former owner of the a/c Dr. Laurie Gunson is a foreigner too, and as such the money can only be approved into a foreign a/c.

I need your full co-operation to make this work fine because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you, upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with the inheritance procedures.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 40% of the total amount,55% will be for me, while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring. You should observe utmost CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECRECY in this transaction, and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I will require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

If you are interested reply me immediately you receive this letter on your reply give me your phone number for easy communication. upOn your acceptance to be my partner,please contact my private cell phone or send text message through this number +22678687612 or my private email address [email protected] for more adequate discussion

Trusting to hear from you immediately.
Sincerely

MR Pupsy Orlando
#18680 by David Jansen Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:45 pm
And another one.
CONTACT ECOWAS FOR MORE DETAILS

"PROF.AHMED SODIQ" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:

Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 5:45 PM (3 hours 57 mins ago)

Received: from compute2.internal (compute2.internal [10.202.2.42])
by store66m.internal (Cyrus v2.3.15-fmsvn20771-f904b41c) with LMTPA;
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:57:58 -0500
X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.3
X-Spam-charsets:
X-Resolved-to:
X-Delivered-to:
X-Mail-from: [email protected]
Received: from mx1.messagingengine.com ([10.202.2.200])
by compute2.internal (LMTPProxy); Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:57:58 -0500
Received: from ns25879.ovh.net (ns25879.ovh.net [91.121.68.96])
(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mx1.messagingengine.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id ABCC019E
for <>; Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:57:57 -0500 (EST)
Received: (qmail 22190 invoked by uid 48); 11 Dec 2009 17:45:35 +0100
Date: 11 Dec 2009 17:45:35 +0100
To:
Subject: CONTACT ECOWAS FOR MORE DETAILS
Reply-To: [email protected]
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Truedomain-SPF: None
X-Truedomain-DKIM: None
X-Truedomain: Neutral

ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES{ECOWAS}
{OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY}
ABUJA-NIGERIA.

ATTENTION:BENEFICIARY,

RE: CONFIRMATION OF YOUR PAYMENT OF USD12.5MILLION After our crucial meeting today with the the Presidency, we write to inform you that your payment has been approved for immediate release through our Foreign Credit Commission into your account.

Our Foreign Credit Commission in Europe will release your payment within 72hours of your accreditation. You are advised to get back to us immedaitely with your Telephone and fax number for futher briefing.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully.

PROF. AHMED SODIQ
{ECOWAS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY}
CODE (ECO-01)

#18802 by David Jansen Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:00 pm
Sometimes the scammer doesn't put much effort in his scam letter.
CONTACT ECOWAS FOR MORE DETAILS

"PROF. AHMED SODIQ" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:
date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 5:45 PM (3 days 5 hours ago)

ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES{ECOWAS} {OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY} ABUJA-NIGERIA. ATTENTION:BENEFICIARY, RE: CONFIRMATION OF YOUR PAYMENT OF USD12.5MILLION After our crucial meeting today with the the Presidency, we write to inform you that your payment has been approved for immediate release through our Foreign Credit Commission into your account. Our Foreign Credit Commission in Europe will release your payment within 72hours of your accreditation. You are advised to get back to us immedaitely with your Telephone and fax number for futher briefing. Hope to hear from you soon. Yours faithfully. PROF. AHMED SODIQ {ECOWAS EXECUTIVE SECRETARY} CODE (ECO-01)

#18847 by Breakwind Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:57 pm
From [email protected] Tue Dec 15 09:57:21 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.214; Tue, 15 Dec 2009 01:57:25 -0800
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 194.242.61.84
X-YMailISG:<snip>
X-Originating-IP: [194.242.61.84]
Authentication-Results: mta153.mail.sp2.yahoo.com from=live.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=live.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO mail4.interhost.it) (194.242.61.84) by mta153.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 15 Dec 2009 01:57:24 -0800
Received: (qmail 16999 invoked by uid 33); 15 Dec 2009 09:57:21 -0000
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: ATTENCTION
X-Mailer: V-webmail 1.6.4 ( http://www.v-webmail.org/ )
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:57:21 +0100
[email protected]
Add sender to Contacts
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Length: 2999

THE UNITED NATIONS
West African Zonal Office
Ecowas Regional Division
Plot 1, Maitama Sule,
Garki - Abuja , Nigeria .
Tel: +234-8o6-640-6962

ATTN:

Sir,

SECURITY REPORT ON YOUR UNPAID FUNDS WITH THE WEST AFRICAN GOVERNMENT.

The United Nations Zonal Office in West Africa has embark on a mission tag “Operation Rescue” to save both International Contractors and Inheritance Client whose funds has been left unpaid by the West African Government due to their none Payment of Taxes and Levies.

Due to Laws that guides such payment in West Africa prior to the release of Foreign Contractors / Inheritance Entitlement; it has equally come to our knowledge that some Corrupt Officials all over United Nations Member Countries in West Africa are defrauding International Fund Beneficiary’s via this means. This is the Primary reason why the United Nations Security Council has enacted Decree 21 Section (406) Paragraph (2) of (1987) as a way of curbing the menace this has caused to Member
Countries in recent times.

Based on that the United Nations has introduced a new method of paying such affected Beneficiary without Payment of such huge Taxes and Levies as an obligation prior to their fund release.

Your complete Funds Entitlement shall be programmed and delivered to you via cash payment with their assistance of the United Nations Rescue Diplomatic Team that has been specially assigned to deliver the funds in two (2) Trunk Boxes to any designated chosen address of your choice in any part of the World via United Nations Diplomatic Means as Diplomatic Consignment. The Trunk Boxes shall be tagged with United Nations Diplomatic Seal.

Be informed that our main objective as the United Nations Organization Body is to see that we put an end to such unruliness behavior being showcase by West African Government most especially.

Note: A Diplomat has been personally assigned to oversee the delivery of your funds safely at your door step in any of your chosen address.

Having listed your name amongst unpaid Beneficiary’s affected; you are therefore advised to contact the United Nations Zonal Director in West Africa on the above Telephone Number or E-mail ([email protected] ) your complete delivery co-ordinates as listed below.

(1.) Your Complete Names

(2.) Address of Delivery

(3.) Amount Expecting

(4.) Purpose of Payment

(5.) Copy of your Identification

(6.) Your Personal Telephone and Mobile Number

Without providing this listed information as prescribe, do not bother yourself to reach this Office as you will not be grace with your presence.

Regards.

For: UNITED NATIONS (UN)

MICHEAL MPENZA

United Nation West African Zonal Coordinator
Tel: +234-807-486-6356
#18987 by David Jansen Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 pm
This is an example on how scammers work. When i opened this email in my inbox i found aproximatly 175 email addresses in the cc field. I.O.W 175 people got this same email.
IP: 196.46.246.21 Nigeria
Immediate ATM Card Payment Notification
[email protected] [Add]
To:
[email protected] [Add]
immediate ATM Card Payment Notification
International Settlement Dept.EcoBank Nigeria

Attention,

We have verified your payment file and found out that why you have not
received your fund is because you have not fulfilled the obligations given to
you in respect of your contract/inheritance payment.Secondly we have been
informed that you are still dealing with the none officials in the bank all
your attempt to secure the release of the fund to you. We wish to advise you
that such an illegal act like this have to stop if you wishes to receive your
payment since we have decided to bring a solution to your problem. Right now
we have arranged your payment through our swift card payment center Asia
pacific,that is the latest instruction from Economic community of west African
States (ECOWAS) and Nigerian Government.

This card center will send you an ATM card which you will use to withdraw your
money in any ATM machine in any part of the world, so if you like to
receive your fund in this way, please let us know by contacting us back and
also send the following information as listed below.

1. Full name
2. Phone and fax number
3. Address were you want them to send the ATM card to
(p.o box not acceptable)
4. Your age and current occupation
5. Attach copy of your identification

We have been Mandated by the ECOWAS Parliament to issue out $10 million as
part payment for this fiscal year 2008. Also for your information, you have to
stop any further communication with any other person(s) or office(s) to avoid
any hitches in receiving your payment.Note that because of impostors, we
hereby issued you our code of conduct,which is (ATM-811) so you have to
indicate this code when contacting the card center by using it as your subject.

Wait for your expedite response.contact. E-mail:[email protected]
Yours in service,

Barr.Martins Bello,
International Settlement Dept.
EcoBank Nigeria

#22338 by Breakwind Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:20 pm
From Mr Williams Donkor Mon Feb 15 16:06:53 2010
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.184; Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:05:49 -0800
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 196.25.211.12
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [196.25.211.12]
Authentication-Results: mta148.mail.ac4.yahoo.com from=telkomsa.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=telkomsa.net; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO telkomsa.net) (196.25.211.12) by mta148.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:05:49 -0800
Received: (qmail 32168 invoked from network); 15 Feb 2010 16:05:47 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO User) ([email protected]@[112.91.145.78]) (envelope-sender <[email protected]>) by O (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP for <[email protected]>; 15 Feb 2010 16:05:44 -0000
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
"Mr Williams Donkor"<[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
Subject: From UN Diplomatic?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:06:53 -0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Content-Length: 2045

KOTOKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,
OFFICE OF THE CUSTOMS AND PRESIDENTIAL CASTLE,
MARITIME AND AVIATION UNIT,
ACCRA ? GHANA.

ATTN; HONORABLE BENEFICIARY,

We decided to communicate with you via this medium as instructed by United Nation to
inform you of the release and arrangement to deliver your long awaited consignment
through an assign UN Diplomat.

After series of meetings between United Nation and Members of Economic West African
States(Ecowas) and G8 Committee your file fell among the submitted list of beneficiaries
to receive their consignment from United Nation this last delivery batch for the year 2009.

Your consignment was seized/withhold by United Nation due to your wrong dealings with
none UN official and none legal documents that was duly approved for the release and
shipment of your consignment by United Nation. You are thereby warned to desist from
communicating with anyone in regard to your consignment for now until your consignment
have been delivered to you by the UN assign diplomat to avoid any sort of interruption.

To get your consignment delivered at your doorstep address as agreed by United Nation,
you will be required to forward to my Commission the followings: copy of your
identification (either driver's license or Intl. passport copy), your office & home
address, telephone numbers (including cell phone no. for effective communication) and
also the name of your nearest Intl. airport to your city.

Once we receive the following information's the legal documents and relevant papers work
for the shipment will be procured from the authorities in charge here at Accra-Ghana
Republic West African Sub-regional office. The said documents will also empower you to
lodge your fund therein the trunk boxes in any bank of your choice in the world without
interference from law enforcement agents.

This delivery is urgent so do not hesitate or delay to send the requirement to avoid
unnecessary delays.

GET BACK TO MEOR YOU CALL ME OKAY.....,

Mr Williams Donkor
For UN Diplomatic Unit
Tel:+233241861601.
#25458 by David Jansen Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 pm
This scammer is combining ECOWAS with the Haiti earthquake scam:
IP: 41.218.244.23 Accra Ghana
Ecowas Contract Execution

"ECOWAS" <[email protected]> [Add]
To:

Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:46 PM (2 weeks ago)
Show original
Show full header

Dear Friend,
Request for Partnership in Ecowas Contract Execution
I am Mr. Stever, a staff of the secretariat of the Economic Community of West African
States (ECOWAS) in Lome , Togo .

ECOWAS is awarding contracts for the supply of Relief Materials - Rice and Beverages for Haiti Earthquake Victims.

The quantity of rice required is approximately 12,500 metric tones (about 250,000 bags of rice, packed in 50kg bags) and the quantity of cloths (used and new) required is about 37 metric tones of shirts, trousers and blankets etc.

The statutes do not permit any staff of ECOWAS to participate in contract bids and
execution in order to avoid the abuse of due process and corporate governance.
In view of this, I am looking for a reputable individual or corporate body that would
secure the bid and execute the contract.

The good thing about the ECOWAS contracts is that,
(1) The contracts are very lucrative, because they are usually awarded at about 10 times
the prevalent market value of the products.
(2) Once you are successful in the bid, 75% of the total contract sum is paid upfront as
mobilization. Thus, the contract does not necessarily require ownership of a big company; all that is required is your ability to convince the ECOWAS consultants (in Ghana) of your integrity, reliability and competence in the execution of the job.

As an insider, I will provide you with all the necessary pre qualification documents,
prepare a competitive sample quotation after looking at the quotation of other
contractors, and make available all necessary information which will give you an edge over the others and ensure that you emerge the winner at the bid conference. This will make the entire the process very simple and easy for you.
In return for my assistance in your securing the contract, I will have a ten percent
commission from the profit after the execution of the contract.
Indicate your interest as soon as possible so that we may reach an agreement and get
started. Contact me on my hand phone number or email address stated below.
I await your response
Thanks
Kojo Stever
Alternative Email: [email protected]