Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2641 by scarletwolf967 Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:02 pm
ok so on a classified site in my city this site posted an add about there investment the site is this http://www.cansportsgroup.com/ know they say they are all canadian guys who do this for candians. and i found a site rip-off reports where a guy say's they are a rip-off/scamers but when talking to him he admits never trying them and he's just guessing based on past expence. so affter talking to them on msn i desided to contact them with an email. they responed really quick but my contact was not to talk to them but to get there ip address to conferm what country they are in before i invest. i got the headders but there's so much info i don't know how to desifer it. here's the headers i have removed my email from them but puting *** removed my email**** in the place of my real email.
they say they are from canada and live in and around Winnipage Manatoba canada. maybe someone can look over there site and figer out wich ip you check and if it's really form canada. thank you

with SMTP id 101624980 for ***Removed my email****; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:30:52 -0500
Received-SPF: none
receiver=front2.tbaytel.net; client-ip=203.188.202.99; [email protected]
Received: from [202.43.196.225] by n5.bullet.mail.tp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 Feb 2008 03:30:43 -0000
Received: from [217.12.4.214] by t2.bullet.tpe.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 Feb 2008 03:30:43 -0000
Received: from [216.252.122.217] by t1.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 Feb 2008 03:30:42 -0000
Received: from [69.147.84.114] by t2.bullet.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 Feb 2008 03:30:41 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp203.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 09 Feb 2008 03:30:35 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 47290 invoked by uid 60001); 9 Feb 2008 03:11:32 -0000
Edited to remove domain key to prevent blowout - SP
Received: from [142.161.248.4] by web45801.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:11:32 PST
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:11:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: need helf.
To: cory tucker <removed>
In-Reply-To: <000b01c86ac4>
Message-ID: <484199>
X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.5.516 [269.19.21/1266]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=======AVGMAIL-47AD213B1F95======="
Advertisement

#2642 by Scam Patroller Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 pm
Hi Scarletwolf967, the IP address is from Canada, but that doesn't mean much, whilst these people may not be scammers, they are touts and tipsters, all they want is your money for their sports tips.

From their site:

Our Group consists of 7 full time sports handicappers. We are not an official business, just a group of guys that makes alot of money betting on sports events through offshore sports books. We make a awesome living working the sports markets. And We also help other people too.

In other words, like most handicappers who try to sell their tips, they are probably not very good, they show no previous proofed betting selections on their site, proofed bets are bets that were proofed to an independent site in advance of the event taking place, a lot of handicappers, when asked if they can show you proofed results, either just send you a list of previous results with no verification of them being proofed to any verified independent site, or else they usually say past proofing means nothing, it's the future that counts :roll:

If as they claim:

We get 75%-85% of our games correct

They would have no need of your money, after all, in the first quote above they say:

a group of guys that makes alot of money betting on sports events through offshore sports books.

So there is nothing to stop then placing their own very large bets on a site like www.betfair.com without needing your money, they might say that Betfair will not accept bets from certain countries, the United States being one, but there is nothing to stop them placing bets on Betfair through a third party contact, so they have no excuse, if they are that good, they would not need your money, or perhaps they are just doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, yeah right :roll:

They claim to have 2100 paying members, that's staggering considering their domain was only registered on December 12th 2007, not even 2 months old, you will find that most tipsters who have been established for years don't have that many clients, and please note that their domain name was only registered for the minimum 1 year period, perhaps they are not planning on sticking around after that, or they might do what a lot of tipsters do, come back as a different name in a years time, or probably before then even, here is the Who-is for the domain:

Domain Name: CANSPORTSGROUP.COM
Registrar: INNERWISE, INC. D/B/A ITSYOURDOMAIN.COM
Whois Server: whois.itsyourdomain.com
Referral URL: http://www.itsyourdomain.com
Name Server: NS3.ONLINEACCESS.NET
Name Server: NS4.ONLINEACCESS.NET
Updated Date: 12-dec-2007
Creation Date: 12-dec-2007
Expiration Date: 12-dec-2008

Scarletwolf967, they have a lousy one page website from WordPress, I could set up a better site within 10 minutes if I wanted to, do yourself a favour, if you want to make money from betting, go to any decent handicapping forum and follow some of the tipsters on there, a lot of them are very good and they post their tips free of charge, there is absolutely no point in paying a tipster for anything like this.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org

#2643 by scarletwolf967 Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:54 pm
Thank you for your quick replay... is it not fraud what this compeny is doing.. in the convos i saved from them and stuff they say if you invest 10$ you are gerenteed to get 10$ a month back as long as you keep your investemtn. so if i give 10$ every month they send me 10$ a month with out me ever giving them more money. i know that they take email money transfers and only canadians can execpt this type of transfers and the back can fully trace who deposites the money into the back accont. if someone was to send them money and never got there money back would that consitout a chargeable offence??? just wondering. i have heard the saying if it's to good to be true it usaly is but there is always that 1 % chace that it's true right. so i someone gave 10 and they never followed throw wit what they say can they be charged?

#2644 by scarletwolf967 Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:56 pm
and you edited my post remove domain key to prevent blowout.. what dose that mean was there somthing in my post that would of messed up your fourms. i have never seen this done before just wondering

#2645 by Scam Patroller Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:26 pm
Hi Scarletwolf967, this is the domain key I deleted from your post (I'll remove it from my post once you have seen it to prevent the screen blowout it causes):

Domain key example now deleted

Basically, because domain keys contain long continuous lines of text without spaces, it causes the page to blow out so that you have to scroll horizontally to read a post if you have a smaller screen resolution, not everyone has a wide screen computer, so deleting domain keys just keeps pages uniform and tidy, easy to read without having to scroll.

is it not fraud what this compeny is doing.. in the convos i saved from them and stuff they say if you invest 10$ you are gerenteed to get 10$ a month back as long as you keep your investemtn. so if i give 10$ every month they send me 10$ a month with out me ever giving them more money.

Yes, if they say they will guarantee to pay you $10 every month that you pay them $10, but they don't send you anything, then that is clearly fraud, maybe when you sign up they might have some small print that says they don't have to pay you if they make a loss.

Be certain that when betting, you can lose, so they should not be giving guarantees, they contradict themselves in what they say on their web page, as in, they say:

First , spend what you can afford to lose, so you won’t lose sleep

So, they are saying there is a chance you could lose your money, which contradicts what they say earlier on their web page:

Invest $10 once and get paid $10 every month ( AT LEAST ) for life !

Honestly, give this sort of thing a miss, if you want to lose your money, send it to them, it's up to you.
Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org

#2648 by ChrisSmith Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 am
Hi scarletwolf967.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong but it sounds like you still need a little convincing so I'll add my two cents and say that I completely agree with ScamPatroller.
Put any money on this and you're bound to end up regretting it.

And that's a tip you don't have to pay for. :wink:

#2650 by Underwater Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:21 pm
scarletwolf967 wrote: i have heard the saying if it's to good to be true it usaly is but there is always that 1 % chace that it's true right.

Wrong. You would not believe the number of times that I have heard people say the exact same thing over all manner of internet scams - multi-million fake online "lotteries", next-of-kin scams, loan scams, you name it. Most of the time these folks know somewhere in their hearts it's a scam, but they have that tiny little question in their mind...what if it's real? What if some guy in Nigeria really DOES have $36 million dollars cash in a trunk box and wants to give me half of it to help him get it out of his country? What if I really DID win $$40 million in the UK National International British Lottery?

Then they start sending money into the scammers...and invariably they lose it. Not 99% of them - but 100% of them.

If you really only think there is a 1% chance that this is legitimate...is that really odds that you want to take? And do you really believe there are gamblers who have actually figured out a way to ALWAYS make a profit? If that was the case, they sure wouldn't need your money. They could just keep winning, and playing their winnings, until they were bazillionaires.

It's called gambling because...it's always a gamble, there are no guarantees.

Go back and read ScamPatrol's post. Everything you need to know about this proposition is in there. These guys are making all their money from people who send them their money, not from winning at sports betting. Nobody can guarantee a win at gambling...unless they have supernatural powers and can see into the future.

so i someone gave 10 and they never followed throw wit what they say can they be charged?

Does that really matter? Because if they DO defraud you, the bottom line is, they've got your money, and you won't be getting it back. That would be far more important to ME.

#2655 by MattNW Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 pm
Good advice Underwater. Here's another point. Even if there were a 1% chance this is legit then there's also the bet at whatever odds. You are compounding the odds against you. Not a good gambling practice. Go buy a lottery ticket. The odds will be much better.