Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2671 by benjamin Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:28 am
This is such an apallingly badly written scam that it's worth posting for the awfulness alone. However, it may not be so obvious to someone who does not speak English well. The first part is a "consignment of money" scam. When the targetted victim refuses to pay for delivery, the scammer then threatens with an "FBI investigation"

My Dear ,

We received your mail regarding your consignment which your partiner deposited here in my company for you, Yes, He told me to deliver it for you before he traveled out of this country for investment projects. Now that you have contacted us the only fee you have to pay is ( $260.00 USD)

yes your partiner deposited this consignment here in our comapany to be delivered to you with full guarantee that you will recieve it as soon as you contact me with your full information.
Here it is clear that you are not an impersonated officer who claim to be in position of your fund, thereby misleading fine.

I MR SAM NELSON AS A DIRECTOR OF THE COMPANY HAVE AFFIRME WITH MINE AFFIRMATION THAT I WILL VOLUNTARILY SEND THE BOX TO YOUR DOTINATED ADDRESS.WITHIN24 TO 48 HOURS OF THE DAY.

PLEASE FILL THE ABOVE INFORMATIONS BELOW TO ANABLE US TO DELIVER YOUR CONSIGNMENT AT YOUR OWN DESTINATION WITHOUT MAKING ANY MISTAKES.

YOUR FULL NAME.....................

YOUR HOME ADDREE.............................

YOUR PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER........

YOUR OFFICE PHONE NUMBER........................

YOUR PHOTOCOPY................

AGE......................

SEX...................

(image of money behind glass)

THANK YOU ONCE MORE YOU HAVE BEEN CLEARLY SEEN YOUR SECURITY GLASS WHERE YOUR CONSI NMENT IS ,THE PURPOSE OF THIS SECURITY GLASS IS TO SAFE GUARD YOUR CONSIGNMENT TO AVOID MANIPULATION OR STEALING.

Here is the cost of delivery your consignment through our company UPS Express courier services,the cost of it from here to your country is $260.00, You are required to pay it immedaitely to enable our company deliver your consignment.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/index.jsx (note: this is the real site but nothing to do with the scammer)

Mailing:.............................. $200
Vat10%:..................................... $60.00
TOTAL:.............................. $260.00

Receiver's name.......... obeche simeon nnaeke
City......................Cotonou
Country...... Benin Republic.
USE THIS TESTQUESTION IN THE WESTERN UNION
Test question....... Who?
Test answer............ God
Amount...........260.00.U.S dollar.
(M.T.C.N.number)....................

Immediately we receive the courier fee we will deliver your consignment to you immediately and forward the tracking number to you.

I wait for your urgent response with Evidence of payment such as Mtcn Number, senders full name, plus text question and answers so that i can send it to you today.

Yours sincerely

YOURS FAITHFULLY.

MR SAM NELSON DIRECTOR OF FRONTIER FORWARDING COURIER SERVICE COMPANY
CTONOU PORT NOVO OF WEST AFRICA,
PHONE:+2299 340 1455 ,

FRONTIER FORWARDING COURIER SERVIE COMPANY

And now the "threat" :) (originally written in large bold text):

Attn,

We wish to bring to your notice that we have finaly beleived that your are an impersonated officer who claim to be in the position of this fund there by misleading us,so we the entire UNITED STATE PARCEL SERVICE COMPANY OF BENIN REPUBLIC are by calling your attention back in order to be interrogated and also to delare your self guilty or not in this
urgent case because that is how you people are scamming us for God's sake.

We also want you to understand that we have been making a wrong delivery through this receiving of wrong emails.

Note that you can not escape your self in this urgent mater until
your attention is here for more declaration of your self guiltles because with your informations here such as your name, country,home address and also email address with this informations we can trace you with (F.B.I) if your attention is not here within 3days.
Reason why your attention is needed immediately is that you have violated our law in accordance with the constuition 1976 of criminal law ( sub secotion A chapter 25 vs 49)
note that urgent response are needed from you for many reasons.
Thank's.
Advertisement