Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#20214 by Ralph Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:49 am
In this scam, the scammer wants you to believe he has a large amount of money reserved for you, in order for you to receive this huge fortune, you will first need to provide information and send fees.

After each fee is payed by you, there will be a new fee, in fact, the fees will never stop, in some cases, the scammer may suggest he has paid some fees himself and have anotehr email address pretending to be a lawyer or other person to tell you he did.

The large sum of money they speak of does not exist, the only real money is the money you are suppossed to send to the scammer.

Please never ever believe any email that is offering you huge amounts of money for relatively little expense

business transaction?

To: Left blank indicating multiple recipients

Hello, I am contacting you on a business transaction of a huge sum of money froma deceased account, though I know a transaction of this magnitude willmake any one apprehensive and worried, but I?m assuring you that allwill be well at the end of the day and this is why am contacting you dueto the urgency of this transaction. We discovered an abandoned sum of $17.3m in an account that belongs to oneof Our foreign customer who died along side with his entire family, andever Since his death none of his next of kin or relations has come forwardto lay claim for this money as his heir. We cannot release the funds from his account unless someone applies forClaim as the next of kin to the deceased as indicated on our bankingGuidelines. Upon this discovery we now seek your permission to have youstand as a next of kin to the deceased in which all documentationsWill becarefully worked out by us for the funds to be released in your favour asthe Beneficiary?s/next of kin to the deceased. And It may interestyou to know that we have secured from the probate an order of mandamus tolocate any of the deceased beneficiary. Kindly acknowledge receipt of thismessage if you intend to assist me. Please send an email: [[email protected]] Regards.Mr. Kwong Yeung
Advertisement