Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2905 by Jillian Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:43 am
Here is yet another example of an introduction letter for an inheritance scam. I believe this scammer also uses the shorter name of Ray Walter.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Barrister Raymond Walter (Esq),a Solicitor at law and the personal attorney to late Engr.Steve ,a National of your country, who used to be a private contractor with the Shell Petroleum Development Company in Nigeria, herein after shall be referred to as my client. On the 21st of April 2001, he and his newly married wife were involved in an auto crash, all occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives.Since then, I have made several enquiries to locateany of my clients extended relatives, this has also proven unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to contact you with this business partnership proposal.I contacted you to assist in repatriating a huge amount of money left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank where these huge
deposit was lodged.

The deceased had a deposit valued presently at$15million US Dollars with a bank here and the Bank has issued me a notice as his lawyer to provide his next of kin or Beneficiary by Will otherwise have the account confiscated within the next thirty official working days. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over four years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin / Will Beneficiary to the deceased since you are bearing the same last name,so that the proceeds of this account valued at $15Million USdollars can be paid to you. This will be disbursed or shared in these percentages, 60% to me and 40% to you.I have the means to provide all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may makeAll I require is your honest Co-operation,Confidentiality and Trust to enable us see this transaction through.I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me urgently by E-mail:([email protected]) and provide me the following information to enable us go for the claim of the fund from the Depositing Bank in Lagos.Send to me the following information to let me file a letter of claim to the bank with the information as the beneficairy information of were they should effect the payment of the fund:

1.Your full Name..........................
2.Your Telephone Number and Fax Number.....
3.Your Contact Address.....................
4.occupation................................
Your urgent response will be highly anticipated and appreciated.

Best regards,
Barrister Raymond Walter (Esq)
Advertisement