Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2909 by benjamin Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:48 am
When you have either refused to pay any more money, or just refused in the first place, the scammers will come up with all sorts of other ideas to "encourage" you to pay. Here's one, the scammer claiming to be a company called Credit Finance... of course, there are fees to pay...
Dear (your name),

We are finance firm and Mr Chinedu Urged us to assist you for a loan. We have agreed to finance your transaction as soon as you register with us. Our percentage for the finance is only 5% of the fund after you receive it. We shall pay all fees for you till you get your original sum, then you can pay us back with the interest of 5% out of your original sum.

Therefore, you are advised to contact us now with a registration fee of $250 which we need by western union or money gram to

Attn: Nelson Eze
Lagos- Nigeria
Amt: $250
Question-In God
Answer- We trust

I don't want further arguement, it is either you go ahead or forget it. We will give you a money order of three thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars or more pending on the fee you needed for your consignment to be delivered. We have many offers here so you need send the money immediately.

Thanks

Chinedu

Special Offer! If you hurry up and pay, we'll reduce your fees by50%!
SPECIAL NOTICE.

Payment Release appraisal for the 2008 fiscal budget.

This is to inform all clients/ beneficiaries of funds including contracts approved for the 2007 left unpaid that we are closing our 2007 financial audit on the 20th of february, 2008 for the new budget to be released. Customers are advised to accomplished and conclude their project with this bank on or before the above date stipulated.

Be informed that any contact payments or debts owed by this bank that is not paid, may be, for the carefree attitude of the beneficiary towards concluding his/her project shall be referred to as ‘’Bad debt.

This offshore bank has decided to allow at least 50% of any fee owed by the contractors ( beneficiaries) to ensuring total clearance and credit of all values to the customers account number herein with this bank.

Please, make sure you adhere and comply to this notice to avoid any kind of blame on anybody after the budget.

We thank you for your dear co-operations of 2007 and wish you a wonderful blessing of 2008.

Thanks.

Yours faithfully

Dr Kanoute Joseph
For: Audit/Verification Dept
Ecobank Benin

You didn't come up with the money, so we'll try the "change of ownership" tactic, or, if you don't hurry up and pay, we're going to give your non-existent fund to someone else

ATTN:SIR/MADAM,
RE- FUND REVALIDATION EXERCISE.
I KNOW IT MAY SURPRISE YOU TO HEARING THAT YOUR
$1.5 INCLUSING THE $400,000.00 BOUNUS INTEREST ACCRUDED FROM THE
ORIGINAL DEPOSIT BRINGING THE TOTAL SUM TO THE TUNE OF ONE MILLION, NINE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS HAS BEEN CALLED BY THE UNION BANK OF BENIN TO
SEND TO YOU BY OUR ONE OF COURIER MR STANLEY CLARKE THROUGH DIPLOMATIC MEANSBUT BASED ON YOUR INABLITY TO COME UP WITH REQURIEMENTS.
IT PAINS ME WHEN WE GOT APPLICATIONS TWO DAYS AGO TO CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM THE TITLE OF THE DRAFT TO XXXXXXXXXXX AS THE NEW BENEFICIARY OF THE FUND TO CLEAR THE DRAFT IN UNITES STATES. WE HAVE REVIEWED ALL YOUR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE APPROVAL OF THE FUND AND VOUCHER PREPARED BY
THE BOSS WHO AUTHORISE THIS PAYMENT INTO YOUR NAME AND DISCOVERED THAT

THERE WAS NO INSTRUCTION ATTACH TO THIS PAYMENT FOR CHANGE OF YOUR
TITLE TO MR XXXXXXXXX AND THERE WAS NO PROVISION PROVIDED IN THE STATORY ACT 328 VOLUME 43 OF THE COMPERSATION BENEFIT PAYMENT INSTRUCTION OF THE BOSS TO SPLIT, DEDUCT OR HAND-OVER YOUR PAYMENT TO ANOTHER BENEFICIARY WITHOUT YOUR PERMISIO
THEREFORE, YOU ARE ADVISED ON YOUR OWN INTEREST TO RECONFIRM WITHIN 72 HOURS THUS:-
1. ARE YOU THE ONE WHO AUTHOIRSE YOUR
PAYMENT TITLE/VALUE CHANGED AND BE PAID TO XXXXXXXXXX WE EFFECT ANY CHANGES BASED ON THE ORIGINAL BENEFICIARY OF THE $1,900,000..... IF, PLEASE INDICATE,..... IF NOT KINDLY CONFIRM YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION TO ENABLE US REGULARISE AND RECONFIRM WITH THE ONEWE HAVE HERE FOR IMMEDIATE COMMITMENT AND CONCLUSION OF YOUR PAYMENT TO YOUR ADDRESS.
NOTE YOU SHOULD CONTACT THIS HONOURABLE OF THROUGH THIS EMAIL:
CONTACT PERSON:JOSEPHAT MARK
GENERAL MAGAGER SEA AIR DIPLOMATIC COMPANY
[email protected]
PHONE:2348062516371

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
MR. KENNETH ADAMS.
SECRETARY SEA AIR DIPLOAMTIC COURIER COMPANY
YOUR URGENT REPORT.

And now someone else has turned up to claim your package!
DIRECTOR GENERALTOPCLASS PACIFIC COURIER SERVICES
NO 20 CENEMA STREET COTONOU,
REPUBLIC OF BENIN.
11/1/2008

Attn: Client,

Are you aware of this?

Good day,My Dear Customer in advance! How was your job? I wish you good and success in this coming season.Sorry for the delaying of your consignment which we supposed to send to you since but we did not backed up by the law to do that for you and we have finalized to delivery your truck box this time through this courier direct to your house address.
But there is something bewildered which I do not understood someone came to our office here and his name is Mr. Charles moon stated that he was sent by you to collect the consignment for you,he reeffirmed that you had have heart attack! and disable to work, he has submitted his own information for us to delivery the box to his address therefore i want to hear from you before handing the consignment over to him as the right beneficiary to the box and to verify whether you are the one that sent him.” Someone have to be very careful for making the payment especially valuable consignment like this. Please you should respond urgently to enable us to know whether you were the one that sent him.
Note there is numerous SCAM that is going on the world today. (and this is another of them! - Benjamin) Waiting for your response.

Once again you should resend your current information to avoid mistake in delivery of it,
1.YOUR FULL NAME
2.YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
3.YOUR CURRENT HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER.
4.YOUR CURRENT OFFICE TELEPHONE.
5.A COPY OF YOUR PICTURE

ARE YOU AWARE OF THIS MR CHARLES MOON WHO CAME TO CLAIM THIS PACKAGE PLEASE GET BACK IMMEDIATELY?

Thanks and God Bless you

Rev.Ugochi Odili.
FROM DIRECTOR GENERALTOPPCLASS PACIFIC COURIER SERVICES BENIN
Advertisement

#3003 by benjamin Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:45 am
The Rev Odili again! Not only running Fedex and the imaginary TopClass Pacific Couriers, he has enough spare time left over to run the non-existent Global Max Couriers as well. Scam!

GLOBAL MAX COURIER COMPANY COTONOU REPUBLIC OF BENIN.

ATTENTION;

Good day, I wish you good and success in this coming season.But there is something be wildered which I do not understood somepeople came to my office here and his name is Mr. Charles moon and David James stated that he was sent by you to collect the consignment for you,he reeffirmed that you had have heart attack! and disable to work, he has submitted his own information for us to delivery the box to there address therefore i want to hear from you before we collect the money from them handing the consignment over to them as the right beneficiary to the box and to verify whether you are the one that sent them.” Someone have to be very careful for making the payment especially valuable consignment like this. Please you should respond urgently to enable us to know whether you are the one that sent them. Waiting fot your response.

FOR YOUR INFOMATION IF WE NOT RECEIVERD YOUR URGENT RESPOND WE COLLECT THE MONEY FROM THEM OKAY BECAUSE WE HAVE KNOW MORETIME TO DELAY ANYMORE THEREFORE COMPLY WITH US NOW

2.YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
3.YOUR CURRENT HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER.
4.YOUR CURRENT OFFICE TELEPHONE.

Treat with dispatch,
Yours Faithfully
FROM NEW DIRECTOR
Rev Dr Ugo Odili Account Officer)
+22993815688 Global Max Courier Company Dispatch LTD, Registered in England No 929027.Regulated by the Delivery Services Authority

#3757 by benjamin Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:32 am
Very similar to the one above. Accompanied by pictures stolen from web sites which have nothing whatsoever to do with the scam. The two imaginary men storming the office are a common invention to panic people into thinking someone else may be after 'their fund'

CENTRAL BANK OF BENIN REPUBLIC.

ATTORNEY GENERAL TO THE CENTRAL BANK OF BENIN REPUBLIC.

Attn:Fund Beneficiary,

I am Barrister Paul Chinkwe, The attorney General to the Central Bank of Benin Republic.

The attached picture was taken in my office where I was serving verification documents to the White men Mr. Gabriel Evans and Mr. Alan Mills who stormed my office with the bank official of the Black Gentleman (on white African attire).

The black man Mr. Fred Johnson claimed to be your representative and the supervisory Engineer that supervised and certified your money execution that was shifted from the previous Paying Institute to the because of their inability to have paid it at the agreed time.

They said that you were dead and before your death, you appointed them as the next of kin to your inherited fund presently under our custody.

These two white men and the black man quickly applied that your inherited fund presented to them at the spot.

The Official responsible for the presentation of the FUND valued $2,700,000.00 quickly granted approvals to their application and made an arrangement for them to transfer it to their account, When the Central Bank Debit Note submitted to my desk for final Approvals before forwarding it to them for endorsement, as an attorney I noticed that there are discrepancies as there was no evidence of authorization letter from you for the change of beneficiary.

I urgently summoned The Official responsible for the transfer of the fund and directed him to stop the movement of the Transfer of the FUND and at the same time placed a stop order instruction on the funds pending when your views and comments are receive about this matter.

Please study the attached photograph and reach me through my these email: ([email protected]) or call me with this number +229-93408-14 urgently for your comments, which will be highly appreciated, but we will not hesitate to continue the TRANSFER transmission to them if no response comes from you immediately as your silence will be a clear indication that you authorized them to effect the above changes.

Respond immediately
Attorney at law

Barrister Paul Chinkwe
Attorney General to the Central Bank
du Benin Republic

#3814 by benjamin Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:38 pm
Almost identical to the one above, with courier company (Sea AIr diplomatic) that doesn't exist and a misused security company's name.
From The Desk of Mr Chris Agwu
General Manager,Sea Air Diploamtic courier company,Nigeria

Attention:Beneficiary

I am Mr Chris Agwu, General Manager to the Sea & Air security company. this note was taken in my office where i was serving verification documents to the White men. Mr Albert Evans and Mr john Adams who stormed my office in company of Mr. Gila Uwa (on white African attire).

The white man claimed to be your representative and the supervisory Engineer that supervised and Sea Air Diploamtic Courier Services(OUR COMPANY) because of their inability to have paid at the agreed time.They said that you were dead and before your death,you appointed them as the next of kin to your compersation $1.5m presently under our custody these two white men and the black gentleman quickly applied that your compersationd fund should be presented to them atthe spot.

The Officials that is responsible for the presentation of consignment quickly granted approvals to their application and packaged the fund for them to go with it.When the Lasco security, company & Sec. Services Debit Note was submitted to my desk for final Approvals before forwarding it to them for endorsement, I noticed that there are discrepancies as there was no evidence of authorization letter from you for the change of beneficiary.I urgently summoned The Official responsible for the presentation of the consignment and directed him to stop the movement of the funds and at the same time placed a stop order instruction on the funds pending when your views and comments are received with
regards to this matter.

Please get back to us immediately with this email address below:

[email protected]

Meanwhile your immediate report is highly needed, for us to attached
their picture foryour persual and file and respond to him will be highly imperative for your comments which will be highly appreciated, but we will not hesitate to continue the payment transmission to them if no response comes from you. Contact him on this Email above immediately, as your silence will be a clear indication that you authorized them to effect the above changes.

Note when reporting do re-confirm your full datas thus for our persual and file:

1, Your full name
2,Your residence address
3, Your mobile telephone number
4,Your country of oregin.
5.Your company's name{IF ANY}
6.Gender Male

Mr Chris Agwu
Manager,Sea And Air Diploamtic Courier Company