Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#2914 by Ralph Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:32 am
This scam is aimed at those who would like to do some good for the less privelidged and it is very effective against older people as well as the religious

It starts with a massed mailed email from [email protected]

The email address you recieve the original email from is prone to being shut down due to the high volume of spam that is sent from it, for this reason it is very likely to get the exact email from a different address

DEAREST ONE OF GOD,
I am Mrs Abigail Asher.I was married to Mr Edward Asher,who worked with Anglogold Ashanti Ltd as a Director of Operations for nine years before his untimely death in the year 2006. We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.
Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since his death I decided not to remarry .When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of $1.8 Million United State Dollars (One Million Eight Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars ) in a bank in Accra in suspence account.
Presently,the fund is still with the bank.Recently, my Doctor told me that l have a serious sickness which is cancer related problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness.Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a church or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want a church or individual that will use this fund for orphanages, widows,propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained.
The Bible made us to understand that Blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an unjust way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death since l do beleive that l will be saved. I know that I am going to be in the bossom of the Lord. Exodus 14vrs14 says that the Lord will fight my course and I shall hold my peace.
As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank in Accra.I want you and the church to always pray for me because the Lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.
Hoping to receive your reply.
Remain blessed in the Lord.
Yours in Christ.
Mrs.Abigail Asher

It makes little difference as to your reply, you will get this in return

Dear Your name,
I am in receipt of your mail and the content is well understood.I wish to inform you that the lord have instructed me to give out this donation to be used to build the church and Orphanage home to enable the Lord heal me from the breast of cancer since the doctor said l will not live long unless the cancer is being operated . l will like you to pray for me and the most important thing that l need is your promise that you will use the fund to do what the Lord have instructed me to do and l will be greatful if you are being sincere and honest to the Lord l will inform my bank to contact you for the transfer immediately.
However, you need to forward the following,your full name, Home and Office Address , Telephone and Fax Numbers, your bank information where the fund will be transfer into and right now l am going to the church for evening service to worship our lord.but l know that God will help me since l have started giving this donation and i will like you to remember me always in your prayer so that l can be save from this breast cancer.
Thanks, and may God pour his spirit on you to use this fund to the glory of the lord.
Reply Urgent
Mrs Abigail Asher

Another reply from the victim and you are directed to the second charactor in the scam, this in many cases is the same person however, the larger gangs may have several people involved, the banker is often at a higher level in the scammer organisation

Dear victims name ,
I am in receipt of your mail and the content is well understood,l wish to inform you that you should contact them immediately for the transfer of this donation and l want you to assure me that you will use the fund to build an ophanage and churches and also take care of the poor.Please below is the contact information of the bank
Name:Dr.James Boateng (Remittance Manager)
International Commercial Bank, Ltd.
Address : Meridian House Ring Road Central
Private Mail Bag No.16
Accra, Ghana
Tel:+233249445357
Fax:+23321410572
Email:([email protected])
However it is very important you contact the bank to enable them effect the transfer without delay and l pray that God touch you to do his work with this donation.At the moment l am going to the hospital for a treatment and the doctor told me that l will be operated on the cancer.Please pray for me.L am looking forward to receive your reply.
Thanks and God bless you.
Reply urgently

I will keep updating as I get more information from them
Advertisement