Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#13813 by trev Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:45 am
thanks crazy horse, the original email she sent me was from [email protected] and it went like this:

Dear I have the feeling that this piece of mail will reach you in a perfect state of mind and in a better healthy condition. While searching through the
bandmix.co.uk, I came across your contact address and decided to contact you. I believe and also have the feeling that in todays world,
neither race, nationality nor religion will any longer posse a barrier to male/female relationship Although, we do not know each other well but I will really like to have you as a friend or any thing you would want .
I am a single lady of 24years old, . I hope to hear from you soon, then I will send you my photo also tell you more about me, i look forward to receiving some information concerning you, your family, country and even your personal life experiences.
This will give us the opportunity of knowing each other better and be able to understand ourselves more. May God bless you as I wait to hear from you soon through this email;([email protected])

Thanks.Yours.
Trisha

sound familiar?
Advertisement

#13842 by crazy_horse Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:17 pm
It sounded all too familiar with the very first word, "Dear". :lol:

I have an email account that receives nothing but spam/scam emails and If I dug through the (literally) thousands of emails in there, I could probably find that very letter, maybe even from the same sender.