Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#22326 by Chris Fuller Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 am
This scam mail is not from a medical doctor, but from a scammer who is pretending to be a doctor. The telephone number given at the end of the mail is not the telephone number of St Pancras Hospital, London; it is a +44 70 UK Redirect Number - it will redirect telephone calls to the scammer's own mobile/cell phone in his own country.

This email has been sent through a suspected proxy server, which may be hiding the country location of the scammer - but it is very unlikely that he is writing from the UK, as the email displays a total ignorance about what would really happen if this situation arose in the UK.

It is a scam, and neither the Australian gentleman, nor the £10 million mentioned actually exists. The deceased man, and his money, have been invented.

The scammer or an accomplice scammer will also invent some type of fees to be paid before the non-existent money can be shared. But as that money does not exist, nothing will be shared, and the fees will not be reimbursed as promised. The scammer intends to keep all money sent to him. And has nothing to share in return.

IP Address: 60.10.164.83 - Suspected proxy server, China

from DR.PETER WALLACE <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Sat, Feb 13, 2010
subject HELLO

Attention.

My name is Dr.Peter Wallace,I a medical doctor I live and work here in the United Kingdom As the senior doctor in the St Pancras Hospital in London.

I have a serious case of a man who had an accident and was rushed down to the hospital where I work as the senior doctor. We tried all that we could for him to live,but unfortunately he died and lost his life.

We have waited for two months,but no body has come to ask after him.As the senior doctor,I decided to look into his Brifcase,that was given to me on the day he was rushed to our hospital tring to see if i could see any of his address book so that I could call or reach any of his friends or relatives,but I found out that he is just an Australian man who came into this country United Kingdom to complete the contrat awarded to him and to collect his balance payment of GBP 10 Million (Ten Million Great Britian Pounds).

In his Brifcase I saw documents of the payment and some other vital documents backing this fund. Since this Australian man is single, and not married,and has no next of kin,I am writing you this email just to solicit your assistance to act as the next of kin to this late man,so the GBP 10 Million (Ten Million Great Britian Pounds) can be paid to you as the next of kin to the late man.

If you agree to act as the next of kin,I shall give you 35% of the GBP 10Million and I shall take 55% as my share while 10% will be for the rembursment of any expensis incured in the curse of tring to accomplish this great transaction.
If you are interested Please do reply immediately with the following:

1.YOUR FULLNAME
2.YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS
3.POSTAL ADDRESS.

I SHALL FURNISH YOU WITH ALL THE REQUIRED INFORMATION/DOCUMENT THAT WILL PROVE YOU AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO THE LATE MAN AND THE BENEFICIARY OF THE GBP 10 Million.

Please reply via my alternative email address: [email protected] .

I wait your urgent responce so that we can move this great transaction to a success.

Dr.Peter Wallace
St. Pancras Hospital London UK
Tel:+44-7011139267
Advertisement

#23119 by jennytainer Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 am
When I read the mail it really looks suspicious because I think it is standard procedure for hospital staff to look into the personal belongings of the patient to inform his family members. This is dangerous for everyone who are likely to believe the letter. The doctor's reputation could also be affected by this scam. Indiana Heart Physicians
Last edited by jennytainer on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#23126 by Arnold Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
People need to be aware of all scams, not just this one. Sometimes scammers use the names of real people, but I doubt this is the case here. It's easier for a scammer to invent a doctor than find the name of a real one at a particular hospital.