Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#22435 by Chris Fuller Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 am
This scammer believes that if he pretends to be a Parish Priest, you will trust him.

There is a real church called St Catherine of Siena in Lowton, Warrington, but this email was not sent from one of the Priests of that church; it was sent from Nigeria.

The contents of the email are untrue. There is no inheritance. The scammer will introduce some fees to be paid, saying that these payments are essential, and, after that, the inheritance will be made available to you. But that inheritance does not exist. It is a scam.

IP Address: 82.128.34.141 - Lagos, Nigeria

Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010
Subject: 09 I'm looking forward for your urgent response.

Rev. Fr. Bernard Eager (Parish Priest)
St. Catherine of Siena Church
Newton Road, Lowton, Warrington,
WA3 1LB London. United Kingdom
Private email:[email protected]

Dear Beloved,

On behalf of the trustees and executor of the estate of Late Sir. Edward Hammy, I wish to notify you that late Sir. Edward Hammy, made you a beneficiary to his Will. He left the sum of Two Million Five Hundred and fifty thousand Pounds Sterling (?2,550.000.00 BPS) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his Will.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad that wished you good. Sir. Edward Hammy passed away peacefully in the Lister Hospital London, after a short illness at the age of 89years,died october 26th 2009, and his Will is now ready for execution. Sir. Edward Hammy, until his death was a very dedicated Christian who loved to give out.

Sir. Edward Hammy was a kind and generous-hearted man, a real gentleman who had many friends here and abroad. According to him this money is to support your activities and to help the poor and the needy in your Country.

Please If I reach you as I am hopeful; endeavor to get back to me as Soon as possible, to enable the solicitor executing the Will to conclude his job. You should forward along your telephone and fax Numbers, including your present mailing address. Please response to via e-mail address for security reason [email protected]

I'm looking forward for your urgent response.

Yours in Christ Jesus,
Rev. Fr. Bernard Eager (Parish Priest)
Advertisement