Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#23148 by Chris Fuller Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm
This scam mail is trying to appeal to the recipient on many levels:

if it is the wish of God for you to help me - An appeal to all those who are believers in God.

I am a female student - Aimed at those who appreciate intelligence.

I am 19 yrs old - The scammer hopes that the recipient of this email will either feel flattered at the attentions of a 19 year old, or will, perhaps, think that a 19 year old will be easy to influence.

I will love to have a long-term relationship with you - An appeal to anyone looking for love.

my father .... was a king
    - The scammer hopes that you will be impressed by this.

My late Father deposited the sum of .... Three Million, US Dollars - And if all the above isn't enough: look, she is rich too!

I am ready to pay 25% of the total amount to you if you help us in this transaction and another 10%interest of Annual After Income to you - And will share her riches with you.

This scam mail was not written by the 19 year old wealthy daughter of a king. The scammer (who is most likely actually male) does not have $3 million. And the scammer does not hope for a relationship with you.

The scammer's only desire is to steal money from you. Pretending to be a rich female orphan, he will introduce you to his fake banker or his fake lawyer, who will then require some money to be paid before the transfer of the millions of dollars can go ahead. The money doesn't exist, so the fees that need to be paid don't exist either. Any money sent to the scammer will be used by him for his own purchases and pleasures. No money will ever be transferred to your account. No sharing of money will take place. There will be no reward of interest payments. And there will be no 19 year old young woman wanting to come and live with you. It is all untrue, and a scam.

Reply-To: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010
Subject: From Rose

From Rose Dago
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
West Africa.

Dearest One ,
Good day and Compliments,

I am writing this letter in confidence believing that if it is the wish of God for you to help me and my family, God Almighty will bless and reward you aboundantly and you would never regreat this. I am a female student from University of Burkina-Faso, Ouagadougou.

I am 19 yrs old. I will like any person who can be caring, loving and home oriented. I will love to have a long-term relationship with you and to know more about you. I would like to build up a solid foundation with you , if you can be able to help me in this transaction.Well, my father died earlier three months ago and left I and my junior brother behind. He was a king, which our town citizens titled him over sixteen years before his death.

I was a princess to him and I am the only person who can take care of his wealth now because my junior brother is still young and my mother is dead. My late Father deposited the sum of USD 3,000, 000.00 dollars(Three Million, US Dollars) with a Bank here in Abidjan Coted'Ivoire.
This money was annually paid into my late fathers account from Shell petroleum development company (spdc) and chevron oil company .I don't know how and what I will do to invest this money somewhere in abroad,so that we can come over there because my father's kindred have taken all our belonging and properties without my present because I am a female as stated by our culture in the town. This is why i need your help to retrieve this money to your account before my father's kindred will taken over what belongs to meand my family, which they were planning to do.

Now, I urgently need your humble assistance to move this money from Bank here to your bank account and I strongly believe that by the grace of God, you will help me invest this money wisely.I am ready to pay 25% of the total amount to you if you help us in this transaction and another 10%interest of Annual After Income to you, for handling this transaction for us, which you will strongly have absolute control over.

If you can handle this project sincerely and also willing to assist me in lifting this fund, kindly grt back to me.
Note that this transaction is 100% risk free and I hope to commence the transaction as quick as possible as soon as I hear from you.

Yours sincerely,
Rose Dago.
Advertisement