Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#24088 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 am
Von: Barrister John Paul
Datum:
An: Removed
Betreff: While your silence in responding to my mails.

Dear Mr. Removed,

Good day,

While silence again I want to confirm if you are going to send the 2,000 euro this week and keep me inform of the situation.

I do not like your silence in responding to my mails.

I need your confirmation please.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

After unrelenting pressure, the victim takes out a loan for 2,000 Euros to send to the scammers
Datum:
Betreff: My response

Dear Mr. Removed,

I duely received your mail with thanks and am happy to hear that your bank will give you the money soonest for conclusion of this transaction.

As you asked from your mail received I hereby clarify you as follows,

1. Power of attorney means incase you are not willing to complete the transaction with me you can get it from your lawyer stating your reason for withdrawal but now you have made up your mind to finish the transaction the power of attorney is not necessary again.

2. As soon as you send the 2,000 euro and the document is issued to me I will send you the scan copies to you for your preview and the original will be submit to the bank is after the transfer of the fund to your bank account the bank in my country will send you all the original documents.

3. If you get the 2,000 euro and want to transfer it to the bank account information which I will give to you now and send me the transfer slip of the money transfer.

4. If the bank in my country transfer the fund to you as I told you that you will give me 10% of the total fund for my assistance, after your confirmation of the fund if you like I will come to your country to take my own part but or send you my bank account details where you will transfer my own share of 10%.

Here is the bank account information which you will use to transfer the 2,000 euro through Swift transfer so that it will not take so long and remember to send me the bank transfer payment slip for confirmation.

NAME OF BANK: SOCIETE GENERALE DE BANQUES AU BENIN
ACCOUNT HOLDER’S NAME: OLORY .T. GODONOU ODILON
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 30975753101-61
CODE: B0104.
SWIFT: SOGEBJBJ

Then as you requested view the attached document you will see my international passport copy with my lawyer certificate.

So am looking forward to receive the payment transfer slip of the 2,000 euro to the given bank account information.

Regards,
Advertisement

#24105 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 am
More false assurances
Datum:
Betreff: Re: My response

Dear Mr. Removed,

Thank you for your quick response to my mail and I hereby clarify you that the person will be from my own share of the fund incase if you want to send it to me in my bank account.

If to send my own part of the share to my bank account is going to be a problem I suggest that I can prepare a letter of agreement which you need to sign and you help me and invest my own share in your business and be giving me returns but you send me 10% for me to take care of my self and family.

I want you to always have in back of your mind that what am doing with you is completely legal as I have never ever involve myself in anything that will damage my reputation so you trust in me like wise I trust in you for better future.

So try to do everything humanly possible to see that the 2,000 euro will be transfer to the given bank account this week.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

When a scammer thinks he is about to get a payment, they will be very persistent
Datum:
Betreff: Do keep me inform

Dear Mr. Removed,

I am looking forward to hear your update as of when you will be transferring the 2,000 euro to the given bank account for conclusion of our transaction.

Kindly keep me inform.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

Here we have more promises that the transaction will be concluded virtually straight after the fee has been paid, of course, as soon as it is paid there will be another problem
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Do keep me inform

Dear Mr. Removed,

Thank you for your update and all my saying is for you to do everything possible to see that the transfer of the 2,000 euro will be done on or before the end of this week so that by next week I will be expecting to confirm the money in the given bank account and conclude my part for the bank to transfer the fund that same next week.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.
#24106 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:02 am
Datum:
Betreff: Please take note

Dear Mr. Removed,
Good day,
I wish to inform you that I went to the Court to inform them that the payment of the required document which will back up the claim of your inheritance fund will be ready on Monday.
Then the Chief Justice made me to know that they will give me information of which you will use to send them the money through Western union money transfer or Money gram to their consulate office in Germany. So please do not send the money to the bank account information I gave to you.
The Court will give me the details of the information and as soon as I get it from the Court it shall be send to you.
I will keep you inform as soon as possible and please do confirm again if the Money will be ready on Monday now that I have inform the Court.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

No (real) court would ever tell you that their payment methods are Western Union or Moneygram
Datum:
Betreff: The transfer information from Court.

Dear Mr. Removed,
As I told you in my previous mail the Court called me today and gave me the information details of which you will use to send them the 2,000 euro to their consulate office in Germany through Western Union Money transfer.
The information details are stated as follows,
Receiver Name. DANIEL ASANTE
Address. Muller str. 143 , 13349 Berlin
Country. Germany
Remember that as soon as you send the money send me the Western Union transfer paper which I have to submit to the Court office to enable they agent pick up the money and be fully rest assured that every other thing concerning this transaction must conclude before the end of next week.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

Scammers like to get a copy of the transfer slip because it makes it easier for them to pick up the money from wherever they like, Scammers will often include locations other than where they actually are knowing that they do not have to be at the stated pick up location to receive the money
Datum:
Betreff: Urgent confirmation needed please.

Dear Mr. Removed,

Please I want to verify if you can contact the Western union and ask them if this money will be ready to pick up by the receiver now because I tried in the western union page and they said that no order like the information you gave me.

Can you be so kind and send me the western union transfer paper they send you to enable me forward it to the Court as well.

I wait to hear your confirmation and the transfer balance information of the 1,500 euro.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul
#24107 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:08 am
Scammers know that many Western Union outlets advise against people sending money to persons unknown, for this reason the scammer will tell you to lie to Western Union, hardly the action of a Barrister

Datum:
Betreff: Please send me the complete information of the transfer.

Dear Mr. Removed,

Kindly send me the pass and if the western union ask you again if you know Mr. Daniel say yes that he is your customer.

I am waiting for the pass word for me to send to the court and kindly send me every information of the transfer of 500 euro to avoid any mistake while I wait for the balance of 1,500 euro later today.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

Another payment picked up by the scammers which has made the scammers step up their efforts

Datum:
Betreff: 500 euro has been picked so send the balance of 1,500 euro:

Dear Friend Removed,
I want to confirm to you that the Court has called me and confirm that they agent Mr.Daniel has pick up the 500 euro and they are waiting for the balance of 1,500 euro today as I inform them.
So please be kind enough to do everything humanly possible to send the 1,500 euro and send me the information for hand over and be rest assured that the documents must be issue to me before the end of tomorrow.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul:

More pleading for the victim to send money and another excuse as to why it needs to be done straight away
Datum:
Betreff: Looking forward to receive the transfer info tomorrow.

Dear Friend Removed,
I duely received your mail and hereby plead with you to see if the whole remaining 1,500 euro will be send tomorrow to enable me get the documents that same tomorrow.

And please try to make it earlier as today because of tomorrow is friday to enable Mr. Daniel to pick it up and give confirmation to the court for the to issue me the documents.
I am looking forward to hear from you and the transfer information of money transfer tomorrow.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.