Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#23461 by Ralph Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 am
The following emails were sent to me by a scam victim who was scammed over a period of about 9 months, during this time he lost in excess of 10,000 Euro.

There are many mails here to read through, only emails from the scammer are included, I will add comments as appropriate.

Please note there are many emails not included;

After the initial email was replied to by the victim, the scammers begin to gain his trust;

Von: Financial Bank
Datum:
An: Removed
Betreff: WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU.

FROM THE DESK OF REV.DR.CHARLES PETER
THE DIRECTOR FOREIGN OPERATIONS
FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
FINANCIAL BANK BENIN
TELE.+229 97 52 01 69,TELEFAX: +229 210 334 26

ATTENTION. DEAR REMOVED,

THIS BANK WISHES TO INFORM YOU THAT WE DUELY RECEIVED THE SUBMITTED ANSWERS TO THE OFFICIAL BANKING QUESTIONNAIRE AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON MONDAY AFTER ALL OUR VERIFICATION.

YOUR'S FAITHFULLY,

DR.MRS.GLADYS OFFOR
SECRETARY FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPT

Like most scams, a variety of characters are introduced

Von: Barrister John Paul
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: document

Dear Mr. Removed,

I got your mail and understand that you have submitted the answers to the bank so do keep me posted of any further steps from the bank.

Have a nice weekend.

Barrister John Paul.

Here yet another charactor is introduced

Datum:
Betreff: FOLLOW UP WITH THE INSTRUCTION.

FINANCIAL BANK BENIN

RE: APPROVAL/PAYMENT OF INHERITANCE FUNDS VALUED US$12.5 Million IN FAVOUR OF REMOVED NEXT OF KIN TO THE LATE ENGR.MR.ANDREASRemoved.

SIR,

After the conclusion of the prime board of directors meeting we wish to inform you that after going through our deceased customers file jacket concerning the submitted answers to this bank official questionnaire, we hereby inform you that we are statisfied with the received answers.

Further more congratulations as after processing of the fund, we are glad to inform you that your left long over due inheritance fund yielded an interest of two million dollars so your total inheritance fund to be transfer in your designated bank account is Twelve million five hundred thousand dollars (12.5 million dollars only). Having received the requested information, we hereby furnish you with our laid down procedures in accordance with the approvals/payment of inheritance funds.

In view of the above, and to ascertain that you are the rightful beneficiary/next of kin to inherit the funds of the late ENGR. MR. ANDREASRemoved, you are urgently required to forward to this bank,

(1) Death certificate of Engr. Andreas Removed.

(2) Deposit certificate of the fund with this bank.

(3) A letter of probate/administration issued in your favor from the supreme court here in Benin Republic empowering you to inherit/claim out the funds of late ENGR. MR. ANDREASRemoved which is deposited/kept in the custody of our bank.

(4) Sworn affidavit from the Supreme Court here in Benin Republic in your name REMOVED.

(5) A fund release warrant certificate issued by the Supreme court here in Benin in favor of REMOVED.

Upon the receipt of all the documents , we shall go ahead to transfer the said amount into your designated bank account without any delay.

We hereby provide you the contact details of the Supreme Court for issuing of the demanded certificates on your behalf,

CONTACT PERSON. CHIEF JUSTICE ALFRED UDOMI
EMAIL ADDRESS. [email protected]
TELEPHONE NUMBER. +229 93 97 00 47

Looking forward to serving you better.

Thanks,

Rev.Dr. Charles Peter
Director Foreign Remittance dept.
Advertisement

#23465 by Ralph Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 am
Scammers will usually want you to get involved and email the various characters involved, the idea here is to further convince you of the "legitimacy of this transaction by helping to establish further identities

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: FOLLOW UP WITH THE INSTRUCTION.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I duely received your mail and wish to advice you that the next step as regards to the mail you sent to me from the bank is for you to contact the Supreme Court of Benin with the provided contact information from the bank.
I myself will provide you with the copy of the death certificate of my late client and the certificate of deposit of the fund with the bank, so you contact the court and ask them to direct you on how to issue the other three remaining certificate on your behalf and keep me inform of any response.
The certificates you will ask the Supreme Court to advice you on how to issue them are stated below as follows,
(1) A letter of probate/administration issued in your favor from the supreme court here in Benin Republic empowering you to inherit/claim out the funds of late ENGR. MR. ANDREASRemoved which is deposited/kept in the custody of our bank.

(2) Sworn affidavit from the Supreme Court here in Benin Republic in your name REMOVED.

(3) A fund release warrant certificate issued by the Supreme court here in Benin in favor of REMOVED.
I am looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

Scammers will always try to rush things along, of course they will have a new delay requiring your money as often as they can
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: FOLLOW UP WITH THE INSTRUCTION.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

I want to confirm from you if you contact the Supreme Court for the issuing of the demanded certificates, if so do keep me posted but if not kindly do that as soon as possible and keep me inform of any response from the Supreme Court.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

By adding documents to the scam they can further legitimise the scam
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Re: Weiterl.: FOLLOW UP WITH THE INSTRUCTION.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
Thank you for your mail received and I therefore clarify you as follows,
1. I will send to you the death certificate and deposit certificate of the fund with the financial bank after the court issuing the other three certificate.
2. All you have to do is to write to the court that you was directed by the financial bank Benin for them to inform you on how the other three documents will be issued on your behalf.
3. After the transfer of the fund to your nominated bank account which you stated in the application form the percentage sharing of the fund will be 50% for you while 50% will be mine and I will come to your country for the sharing upon your confirmation of the fund in your bank account.
4. I am telling you that this is greater oppurnity of life and I pray that this will make us to built a very good relationship both in business and so many areas of life.
So kindly write to the Supreme Court tomorrow morning as you told me and keep me inform of any response from the Supreme Court as soon as the three remaining certificates is issued I will then send you the death certificate and deposit certificate for you to submit all to the bank.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.
#23466 by Ralph Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 am
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: Changes of Documents

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

Thank you for your update and do keep me inform as soon as you receive any response from the Supreme Court.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

Von: Supreme Court du Benin
Datum:
Betreff: Respect to your received mail.

FROM THE DESK OF HONOURABLE JUSTICE ALFRED UDOMI
CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE FEDERATION
COTONOU REPUBLIC OF BENIN
TELEPHONE. +229 93 97 00 47
DEAR CLIENT,

AS BEEN REQUESTED FROM THIS HONOURABLE COURT OF JUSTICE, WE ACKNOWLDEGED THE RECEIPT OF YOUR COMMUNICATION AND WISH TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THE BELOW INFORMATION TO THIS HONOURABLE COURT OF JUSTICE FOR OFFICIAL VERIFICATION OF YOUR FACTS FROM THE FINANCIAL BANK BENIN,

1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. YOUR NATIONALITY AND ADDRESS
3. YOUR PERSONAL TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER
4. YOU SHOULD CLARIFY THIS HONOURABLE COURT HOW DO YOU COME TO KNOW ABOUT THE EXISTANCE OF THE FUND.
5. YOU CLARIFY THIS HONOURABLE COURT WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE DEPOSITOR AND AMOUNT EXPECTING TO RECEIVE.
6. COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION CARD OR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
YOUR’S IN SERVICE,

JUSTICE ALFRED UDOMI
JUSTICE OF BENIN REPUBLIC

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: Respect to your received mail.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I am in receipt of your update from the Court and hereby advice you as follows in regards to the forwarded mail,
1. State fully your name as you wrote it in the application form you submit to the bank because I feel the Court want to verify from the Financial Bank Benin.
2. Then you state carefully your nationality ie German and your address.
3. You state your telephone and fax number
4.Then you inform the Court that you came to know about the existance of the fund from Barrister John Paul of johnpaul law firm who was the personal attorney to the deceased.
5. The you state that the deceased was your uncle and the total amount you are expecting to receive from the bank is 12.5 million dollars.
6. The send your German passport by scan

Kindly do as I directed and keep me posted of any further mail from the Supreme Court.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.
#23467 by Ralph Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 am
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Respect to your received mail.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

I gone through your received mail and hereby inform you that is okay, so send it to the Supreme Court and keep me inform of any further response.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

In this email the scammer suggests the victim will need to travel to Africa, of course most people will not do that but that is exactly what the scammer would be counting on.
[email protected]

Datum:
Betreff: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

FROM THE DESK OF HONOURABLE JUSTICE ALFRED UDOMI
SUPREME COURT OF JUSTICE
COTONOU REPUBLIC OF BENIN
TELEPHONE. +229 93 97 00 47.

DEAR CLIENT Removed.,

AFETR OUR CONFIRMATION FROM FINANCIAL BANK BENIN CONCERNING THE SUBMITTED DATA WE NOW NOTIFY YOU OF THE PROCEDURE OF ISSUING THE DEMANDED CERTIFICATES ON YOUR BEHALF WHICH WILL EMPOWER YOU CLAIM THE INHERITANCE FUND.

YOU ARE TO COME DOWN TO THIS HONOURABLE COURT OF JUSTICE IN PERSON OR HEREBY ADVICED TO SEND A REPRESENTATIVE THAT WILL COME TO THE COURT AND SWORN THE AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM ON YOUR BEHALF AND THE ISSUING OF THE DOCUMENTATION. AS STATED BELOW IS THE PROCEDURE OF ISSUING THE CERTIFICATES FROM THIS HONOURABLE COURT.

1. LETTER OF PROBATE AND ADMINSTRATION COST 2,510 EUROS EQUVAILENT TO OUR LOCAL CURRENCY.

2.THE AFFDAVIT OF CLAIM COST 1,075 EUROS EQUVAILENT TO OUR LOCAL CURRENCY.

3.THE RELEASE WARRANT CERTIFICATE WHICH WILL EMPOWER THE BANK TO RELEASE THE FUND COST 2,789 EUROS EQUVAILENT TO OUR LOCAL CURRENCY.

YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THE REQUESTED CERTIFICATES WILL BE ISSUED TO YOU BY THIS HONOURABLE COURT WITH THE TOTAL SUM OF (6,374 EUROS).

YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SEND THIS MONEY THROUGH OUR BANK ACCOUNT BUT DUE TO THE TIME FRAME GIVEN FROM THE FINANCIAL BANK BENIN FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSFER YOU HEREBY ADVISED TO SEND THE REQUIRED FEE 6,374 EURO THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER WHICH IS THE FASTEST ,REALIABLE AND EASY WAY TO MEET UP WITH THE BANK MANDATE. USE THE BELOW INFORMATION TO SEND THE REQUIRED MONEY AS INDICATED.

1. NAME. MBAOGARANYA CHIDI DENIS 3,187 EURO
ADDRESS. RUE 15 CRESENT AVENUE
COUNTRY. COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC
TEST QUESTION. HOW ARE YOU?
TEST ANSWER. FINE

2. NAME. GABRIEL VICTOR 3,187 EURO
ADDRESS.RUE 15 CRESENT AVENUE
TEST QUESTION. COLOUR OF SKY?
TEST ANSWER. BLUE

THEN SEND TO THIS HONOURABLE COURT OF JUSTICE THE TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBERS WITH SENDERS NAME FOR EACH TRANSFER.

REST ASSURED THAT UPON THE CONFIRMATION OF THE REQUIRED FEE THE CERTIFICATES WILL BE ISSUED TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE ON YOUR BEHALF WITHOUT ANY DELAY.

YOUR’S IN SERVICE,

JUSTICE ALFRED UDOMI
SUPREME COURT JUSTICE.
#23565 by Ralph Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:04 am
In this email the scammer will introduce the first fees that need to be paid, in order to encourage the victim to send money the scammer will tell you that he will help to pay a portion of this fee, of course, he will not actually be paying any money, all of the characters involved in teh scam are the same group of scammers if not the same person so it will be easy for him to tell you from the other characters email address that he hs paid some of the fee.

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I am so happy for the fast response of the Supreme Court and I found out from the mail that to issue the certificates will cost 6,374 euro. I want to inform you that I will stand as your representative if you cannot come down to the Court.
Then I need your suggestion on how to take care of the required money as I cannot get the whole money by myself alone.

Here the scammer will tell you how difficult it is for him to raise teh required fees but even with the financial difficulties he faces he will still pay half of the fee, of course, the only person paying anything will be the victim

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I duely received your mail and wish to inform you that the situation is the same on my side.
My suugestion is this instead of we lossing this fund just because of almost 7,000 euro I do not have money because is this my late client who used to help me and my family when he was alive. I am a father of four children and you know what it means and all of them are in higher school so I will try on my side to raise 3,187 euro so you try and get the balance of 3,187 euro and send to the Supreme Court as directed through western union money transfer with any of the given information. Then inform the Supreme Court that I will come to represent you for the issuing of the certificates to me on your behalf.
NAME. MBAOGARANYA CHIDI DENIS 3,187 EURO
TEST ANSWER. FINE
If my suggestion is okay by you let me know when you will be sending them the 3,187 euro so that I will keep my own part intact to avoid and delay from my side.
I wait to hear from you so that we can conclude everything with this transfer before the end of this week.
- Hide quoted text -
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.
#23566 by Ralph Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:09 am
using deadlines and telling the victim that the money is about to be lost is all part of the plan, the longer the scam goes on the more chance the victim will realise that it is a scam.

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

Good morning and how are you doing?

I have been calling your telephone number but you are not picking my calls kindly get back to me so that we will know how to handle the payment requested from the Supreme Court for the final release of the inheritance fund.

I wait to hear from you as we do not have time to waste so that this fund will be release before the end of this week.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

The following email will promise riches that would be life changing for the victim, telling the victim that he will not need to worry about work because of the money that is at hand will mean he will not need to work, again, all lies designed to steal from the victim

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Re: Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I just read your mail and will kindly advice you to write to the Supreme Court and inform them when the required money will be send to them and also inform the Court that you will appoint me to stand as your representative for the issuing of the certificates on your behalf.
Yes I understand that you have to work but you look at what we are going to achieve in future this money will completely change our life time so if you have any other option to raise the money kindly work it out so that we will conclude with this transfer this week. Also inform me as well when you will send the money to the Court so that I will make my own avaliable.
Looking forward to hear from you and write to the Supreme Court as I directed you and keep me inform of any response from the Court. Note that if you do not inform the Court they might order the bank to cancell the transfer so do that immediately so that we will not give any room to loss this once oppurnity of life.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.
#23567 by Ralph Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:12 am
This email contains some rare truth,
"WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT INFORMATION OF THE REQUESTED FEE"

Datum:
Betreff: Urgent attention.

ATTENTION. DEAR MR. REMOVED,

THIS HONOURABLE COURT OF JUSTICE IS WAITING TO HEAR YOUR CONFIRMATION REGARDS TO OUR LAST MAIL TO YOU.

YOU SHOULD BEAR IN MIND THAT THE FINANCIAL BANK GAVE YOU MANDATE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE TRANSFER OF YOUR INHERITANCE FUND.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT INFORMATION OF THE REQUESTED FEE.

BEST REGARDS,

HON. BARR. PETER OBI
COURT SECRETARY.

Now we have both scam characters insisting on the payment details

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

Good morning and how was your weekend.

I am looking forward to read your mail today so as to know when the money will be pay to the Supreme Court for issuing of the demanded certificates for the final transfer of your inheritance fund.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

Using terms such as "Honourable court" to promote honesty and truthfulness
[email protected]

Datum:
Betreff: Urgent attention.

ATTENTION. DEAR MR. REMOVED,

THIS HONOURABLE COURT OF JUSTICE IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVE YOUR COMMUNICATION ON WHEN THE REQUIRED FEE FOR THE NECESSARY CERIFICATES WILL BE SEND THIS WEEK.

YOUR URGENT CO-OPERATION WILL BE HIGHLY REQUIRED.

BEST REGARDS,

HON. BARR. PETER OBI
COURT SECRETARY.
#23569 by Ralph Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 am
Now the all too common mention of Western Union, any person who asks for money to be sent by Western Union should be viewed as a scammer unless you can prove otherwise, legitmate businesses would not insist on you using Western Union.

Datum:
Betreff: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM]Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

Thank you for your mail and I wait to hear from you as soon as you send the 3,200 euro with the below information through western union money transfer,

NAME. MBAOGARANYA CHIDI DENIS 3,200 EURO
TEST ANSWER. FINE

If you send the money just send me the control number or the wester union paper and be assured that I will get all the certificates and send to you.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul

Now we have the introduction of a new character who will agree with the others in speeding up the process

Datum:
Betreff: [SPAM]Notification.

FINANCIAL BANK BENIN

ATTENTION. REMOVED,

SIR,
I WAS DIRECTED BY THE PRIME BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THIS BANK TO REMIND YOU THAT WE ARE WAITING FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE REQUESTED CERTIFICATES FROM THE SUPREME COURT OF JUSTICE BENIN REPUBLIC WHICH WILL EMPOWER THIS BANK TO RELEASE YOUR INHERITANCE FUND.
YOU ARE BY THIS NOTIFICATION ADVICE THAT THIS BANK IS NOT GOING TO TOLORATE ANY FURTHER DELAY TO RECEIVE THE CERTIFICATES.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR. MRS. GLADYS OFFOR
SECRETARY.

Scammers will be extremely persistent on telling you to send your money

Datum:
Betreff: [SPAM]Re: Weiterl.: Requirements for issuing of the certificates.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

Good morning,

Kindly keep me inform of the situation because the Supreme Court called me yesterday about when the money will be pay but I did not know what to answer.

So kindly try and inform me when you will be sending the money.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.
#23571 by Ralph Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 am
Datum:
Betreff: Urgent take note

FINANCIAL BANK BENIN

ATTENTION. REMOVED,

THIS BANK ACKNOWLEDGED THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL AND HEREBY ADVICED THAT YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THE DEMANDED CERTIFICATES GET TO THIS BANK ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY TO EMPOWER THE EFFECTIVE TRANSFER OF YOUR INHERITANCE FUND.

AS YOU MADE MENTIONED IN YOUR MAIL THIS BANK GIVE YOU 100% ASSURANCE THAT AFTER YOU OBSERVCE ALL THE INTERNATIONAL BANKING PROTOCOLS REQUIRED NOTHING WILL DELAY THIS BANK TO EFFECT THE TRANSFER TO YOUR DESIGNATED BANK ACCOUNT IN GERMANY.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR. MRS. GLADYS OFFOR
SECRETARY ON BEHALF OF DIRECTOR FOREIGN OPEARTION.

Datum:
Betreff: Urgent take note

FINANCIAL BANK BENIN

ATTENTION. REMOVED,

THIS BANK ACKNOWLEDGED THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL AND HEREBY ADVICED THAT YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THE DEMANDED CERTIFICATES GET TO THIS BANK ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY TO EMPOWER THE EFFECTIVE TRANSFER OF YOUR INHERITANCE FUND.

AS YOU MADE MENTIONED IN YOUR MAIL THIS BANK GIVE YOU 100% ASSURANCE THAT AFTER YOU OBSERVCE ALL THE INTERNATIONAL BANKING PROTOCOLS REQUIRED NOTHING WILL DELAY THIS BANK TO EFFECT THE TRANSFER TO YOUR DESIGNATED BANK ACCOUNT IN GERMANY.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR. MRS. GLADYS OFFOR
SECRETARY ON BEHALF OF DIRECTOR FOREIGN OPEARTION.

#24081 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 am
You need to ask yourself, why would a bank ask you to send money using Western Union?
Of course, the scammers hope you dont ask that question :wink:

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Weiterl.: Urgent take note

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,

Good morning,

I received your forwarded mail from the bank and advice you to please try all your possible best to send the 3,200 euro today or tomorrow so that I will pay to the Supreme Court for them to issue me the three certificates for you to submit to the bank before the friday given.

I am looking forward to hear from you and kindly remember once more that the money will be send through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER with this below information,

NAME. VICTOR GABRIEL
ADDRESS. RUE 115 CRESENT PARK AVENUE
TEST ANSWER. FINE

Then send the money transfer paper for confirmation and be rest assured that I will get all the certificates and forward to you.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

The victim received another scam email which he forwarded to the scammer, the scammer was concerned that another scammer may move in and steal his victim so he advised his victim to only believe him
Datum:
Betreff: [SPAM]Re: Weiterl.: [SPAM]Hello
Dear Friend Removed,

Thank you for your update and I wish to inform you to not reply to any mail apart from me all this is from people who want to know if the inheritance fund has been release or not so do not disclose any information to anybody.

That is what I always tell you to avoid any delay so do everything humanly possible to make sure that you send the 3,200 euro to enable me get the certificates.

I wait to receive the transfer information and do not reply to any other mail that did not concern this transfer. Do not reply to the mail I see below to avoid us lossing the inheritance fund and make sure you do send the 3,200 euro tomorrow.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.
#24083 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am
The bank now emails trying to get the victim to part with his money

[email protected]

Datum:
Betreff: LAST NOTIFICATION.

ATTENTION. MR. REMOVED,

THIS BANK DIRECTED ME TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THE SUBMISSION OF THE FIVE DEMANDED CERTIFICATES FROM YOU TODAY WHICH WILL BACK UP THE TRANSFER OF YOUR INHERITANCE FUND.

THANKS,

DR. MRS. GLADYS OFFOR
SECRETARY.

Then the Original scammer
Datum:
Re: Weiterl.: Hello

Dear Mr. Removed,
I do not understand why I have not heard from you since all this while are you alright if so kindly let me know what is the situation for the obtaining of the certificate.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

The victim unfortunately sends 2,000 Euro, its not enough, no amount of money will ever be enough.

You will also see that the scammer is telling his victim that he will borrow some of the money to help out the victim, of course, all of the people who you contact are the part of the same group of scammers so they will not actually be sending any money, its just a ploy they use to make you believe they have invested their own money as well

Datum:
Betreff: You send only 2,000 euro.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I thank you for your mail and it is well understood and I want to you please if to raise the 3,200 euro is a bit problem for you I will try to borrow 1,200 euro from my wife.
So please do everything humanly possible to get the balance of only 2,000 euro and send through Western union money transfer with the below information so that we can conclude everything with this transaction this week.
The information is,
NAME. VICTOR GABRIEL
ADDRESS. RUE 115 CRESENT PARK AVENUE
TEST QUESTION. HOW ARE YOU
TEST ANSWER. FINE
Then send me the money transfer paper and be fully rest assured that everything will be okay please try all your possible best to make sure you send the 2,000 euro immediately.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.
#24084 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:17 am
No that the victim has sent money, the scammers will step up their efforts to get even more money
Datum:
Betreff: Good morning Mr. Removed

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
Good morning,
I wish to inform you that am looking forward to hear your response concerning my last mail to you for you to raise only 2,000 euro for the conclusion of this transaction this week.
Please be so kind and do your almost best to see that you send the money as soon as possible.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

Telling the victim about deadlines in hope of getting him to send the money sooner
Datum:
Betreff: Re: Good morning Mr. Removed

Dear Mr. Removed,
Kindly let me know what is going on and how much you have raise as we do not have time any longer for conclusion of this transaction.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

Here the scammers have provided a bank account for the victim to deposit money into their account, while scammers prefer Western Union, they can get access to bank accounts if they need to
Datum:
Betreff: Re: good morning

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
I duely received your mail with thanks and your good efforts to see that we conclude this transaction, my assurance to you is that upon my confirmation of your own part payment of the required money for the demanded certificates be rest assured that nothing will delay me from obtaining the certificates and send to you.
Please be so kind to send the 3,200 euro as soon as you get the money from your bank with this below bank account information stated, I kindly advice you to inform your bank to do the transfer by swift so that it will not take so long for the money to be in the bank account.
NAME OF BANK: SOCIETE GENERALE DE BANQUES AU BENIN
ACCOUNT HOLDER’S NAME: OLORY .T. GODONOU ODILON
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 30975753101-61
CODE: B0104.
SWIFT: SOGEBJBJ

Then send me the bank transfer slip of the payment for confirmation.
I am looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.
#24085 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 am
Already the scammer's fees have gone up, now he wants 3,200 Euro sent to teh bank account

Datum:
Betreff: Re: Re: good morning

My Good Friend,
I received your mail and am looking forward to have the bank transfer slip of the 3,200 euro.
Do keep me inform as soon as possible.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul

More pressure and telling the victim the fund will be confiscated to try to get the victim to send money sooner
Datum:
Betreff: [SPAM]Urgent attention needed.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
Please be so kind and inform me the situation if the 3,200 euro will be send this week or not.
Secondly I am pleading with you to kindly write to the bank and the Supreme Court let them know what is the situation is all about because your silence to them since all this while is not the best to avoid confiscation of the inheritance fund.
I wait to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

Getting the victim to contact the other identities in the scam to help make it all look more believable
Datum:
Betreff: Thanks for your update.

My Good Friend Mr. Removed,

Thank you for your update and I look forward to hear your update but as I told you in my previous mail kindly write and inform the Supreme Court and the Bank so that they will be aware of the delay in making the required payment.

I wait to hear from you.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.
#24086 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:47 am
More pressure to send money
Datum:
Betreff: Please try and send the 3,200 euro this week.

Dear Friend Mr. Removed,
Good morning,
My dear friend I wonder why it has taken so long for the sending of the money, I plead with you to try all your possible best to make sure you send the 3,200 euro before the end of this week so that the bank will not confiscate the fund.
Secondly I adviced you since to write to the bank and supreme court and inform them the position of things so that they will not cancel the transfer. Please be so kind and do as I directed and try to see how you will send the money for swift conclusion of this transaction.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

The victim has already sent 2,000 Euro yet the scammer suggests that the victim is joking with him
Datum:
Betreff: Kindly raise power of attorney

Dear Mr. Removed,

It completely seems that you have been joking with me for all this while and I come to realize that this will lead to confiscation of the inheritance fund, so kindly raise power of attorney from a reputable attorney from your country to empower me look for another capable hand who will assist for the conclusion of this transaction.

It has taken you almost two months to raise 3,200 euro I want you to understand that you are dealing with a lawyer and you cannot tell me that you did not have this money. Please be so kind and raise the power of attorney stating your inability to conclude the transaction with me and send to the Supreme Court, Financial Bank and a copy for me this will help me to get another person who will stand for the claiminstead of the bank confiscating the inheritance fund.

Bear in mind that as soon as you send me this power of attorney and find another capable hand I will not forget your assistance I will from my own share of the fund give you 5% but let me not give room for confiscation.

I wait to receive the power of attorney please.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

The victim is begging to have second thought but the scammer will not let up
Datum:
Betreff: What is going on.

Dear Friend Mr. REMOVED,

Please be so kind and let me know what is actually going on as you are no longer responding to my mails to enable me know what else to do to avoid the bank confiscating the inheritance fund.

I will be so glad to hear from you.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.
#24087 by Ralph Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:52 am
Datum:
Betreff: Kindly keep me inform of what is going on.

Dear Mr. Removed,

Can you please inform me of what is still holding you to send the 2,000 euro for the document as you informed me in your last mail that the money will be send by the end of this week but till now i have not hear any update from you.

I will appreciate if you will be so kind and respond soon.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.

This email makes me mad, the scammer now suggests that the victim should have no problem in raising another 2,000 Euro, then goes on to tell the victim that the victim is making him look like a liar, of course, the scammer has been lieing right from the start
Datum:
Betreff: Kindly tell me the truth.

Dear Mr. Removed,
Good morning,
I really wounder why you are joking with the conclusion of this transaction since almost three months now, you told me in your last received mail that everything concerning the sending of the 2,000 euro will be done before the 14th but today is 13th and I have not heard from you what is your plans.
I want you to confim to me if yo are really out for the claim of this inheritance fund because if you are serious you cannot tell me that to raise 2,000 euro will be a problem for you a company owner is impossible and I have started having doubt about all this your delay and promise and fail.
I want you to be so kind and inform me if you are out for this claim or not because you have made me a liar before the Supreme Court and the Bank and am no longer happy with all this your disappointment.
Do not tell me that to raise 2, 000 euro will be a problem for you since all this while just tell me the truth rather than liaring for me.
I look forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Barrister John Paul.

Now he wants the victim to write to the fake court to explain why he hasn't sent the money, the suggestion and reinforcement of the legal system is a trick used often by scammers
Datum:
Betreff: Send me power of attorney

Dear Mr. Removed,

Good morning,

As you are not ready to conclude this transaction again with me I hereby advise you to raise a power of attorney stating your reasons of withdrawering and send to the bank , court and a copy to me.

This power of attorney will now empower me to look for another person who I will present for the claim to avoid confiscation of the fund by the bank.

You know what you are doing and now I have come to the conclusion that you have been playing jokes with me since all this while and I pray that the Almighty God will see you through.

Regards,

Barrister John Paul.