Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#23702 by Chris Fuller Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 pm
This scammer hopes that you will either believe that the 'business transaction' must have been in connection with a previous scam mail you received, perhaps even one that you believed for a little while; or maybe that you will be tempted by the $800,000 even if you are not completely sure what transaction he is writing about.

But the $800,000 does not exist, and will never be sent to you - the money is an invention of the scammer, who hopes that the anticipation of it will trick you into sending any fees he requests through his fake secretary. Please do not send money: it is a scam.

The IP address of 82.128.22.196 shows that this email was sent from Nigeria, and not from South Korea as the scammer claims.

Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010
Subject: YOUR COMPENSATION!

Hello Dear,

it is my pleasure to reach you after our unsuccessful attempt on our business transaction. I want to use this medium to thank you very much for your earlier assistance to help me in receiving the funds. I am obliged to inform you that I have succeeded in receiving the funds with the help of a new partner from South America Mr. Alfredo Gomez Castillo. Everything was perfectly done because we strike a deal with one of the Lady Accountant who works with the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF), and she rendered a tremendous help to us. My new partner initiated this idea and everything worked out successfully.

In appreciation of your earlier assistance to me in receiving the funds, I have decided to compensate you with the sum of $800.000 (Eight hundred thousand United States Dollars) in a Cashier's draft. This is from my own share. I did this simply to show appreciation to you for your kind support and assistance even though we couldn't succeed due to some unforeseen circumstances. Presently, I am in South Korea for investment with my own share under the advice of my partner. Contact my secretary in Cotonou Benin Republic his name is Michael August, and send him your contact address where you want the draft to be sent to you. Bellow is the information’s you should forward to my secretary

Name: Michael August
E-mail: [email protected]

Mr.Goodluck Ora
Advertisement