Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#160778 by soldierfortune Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:36 pm
SCAMMER IN BRIEF:

Miss. Miriam Duke, 24 years old woman from the Cote D'Ivoire, parents were killed by rebels during the civil war. Fled the country and found her way to the refugee camp in Ghana. The late father (Dr. Duke Harry Ndugba) had been a substantial deposit ($5.7 million US dollars) with the Ghanaian security company. Miss. Miriam is the deposit's designated the next of kin (beneficiary). However, she can't withdraw the money from her late father's bank account. The financial governing laws of the refugees states, the persons with the refugee status are not allowed to participate personally into any monetary transaction or to operate with a bank account overseas or locally.

In addition, the deposit agreement between the security company and the late father stipulate that the funds will not be released to her directly, but through another beneficiary nominated by Miss. Miriam. The security company had guided her to obtain a foreign trustee/guardian, who would claim for the deposit on her behalf so that the wire transaction of the inherited funds to the trustee/guardian's bank account would be possible. The funds would be invested in lucrative business. The trustee/guardian would obtain the travel documents for her so that she can re-locate to live over to him, resume her interrupted studies and start new better life.

The security company set its own lawyer (Barrister Gerald Lamkin) to drafting the power of attorney and the affidavit of oath according to the bank's procedure of the wire transaction. Miss. Miriam would sign the documents, lawyer would representing the trustee/guardian and sign the documents on behalf him. The costs of the legal documents and the lawyer's fee was totally $2.400 USD and should been pay immediately likely via Western Union money transfer.

ISP: not available

Site: tagged
Username: MIRIAM D
Profile is deleted

Site: tagged

Hello Dearest How are you over there in your country, i believe you are doing well and that the atmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine is a little bit warm over here in Ghana. My name is MIRIAM DUKE i am a young girl of (24 yrs.) but age doesn't matter in a real relationship, so i am comfortable with your age, I am from 'Ivory coast' in Africa..I am 5.4ft tall, fair in complexion single, (never married) and presently i am residing here in Ghana as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country few years ago.

My late father Dr DUKE HARRY NDUGBA was a politician and the managing director of a Gold & Mine industries here in Ivory coast before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood. It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a nearby country Ghana where i am leaving now as a refugee under the UNITED NATION FOR REFUGEE HIGH COMMISSION and Reverend father's care and i am using his computer to send this message to you.

So please I would like to know more about you. I will like to know more of your likes and dislikes. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture. I will send you more in my next mail and i well like to see your pictures. Hoping to hear from you [email protected]

Miriam

IP: not available
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 07:40:53 +0000
Subject: Re: "xxxxx" from tagged - MIRIAM D

FULL LIFE STORY BELLOW

Hello Dearest

Firstly I thank you for your response to my email. How are you today hope fine. Dear inline with the message I sent to you, Do not be surprise or get offended for receiving this message from me please, Its just that I have been obliged to lay a mere trust on you due to my situation here as a refugee and I will require the best of your honesty after your knowing about me, I will really like us to have a relationship in spite of anything because I have this feeling that you are not going to betray me at the end.

I contact you because of the urgency of my situation here in the refugee camp, I am the only daughter of my father back there in Ivory coast my country, I had my college certificate and I was admitted into the University there I did my one year subject in business management before the political crisis in my country began, My father was killed during the war, they accused my father of coup attempt, and so many of my family members our house was burnt down. I am presently seeking asylum under the Private charity organization for the UN Refugees here in ghana.

My late father of blessed memory deposited the sum of (US$5,700 000.00) (five Million Seven Hundred Thousand Dollars) in one of the leading security company in Ghana with my name as the next of kin. However, I shall forward you the contact information of the security company in Ghana and some documents for your confirmation in your acceptance to assist me for the transfer and investment of the fund. As you will help me in an investment, and i will like to complete my studies under you, as i was in my 1st year in the university, when the crisis started.

After the transaction you will arrange for my trip to join you over there in your country for us to share this feelings face to face. We will invest the fund, or if you don't intend staying with me then It will be my pleasure to compensate you out of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my investment capital. This is the reason why I decided to contact you. Please all communications should be through this email address only, for confidential purposes.

As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely. Awaiting your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this only to your self please I beg you not to disclose it to anyone until i come over once the fund has been transferred.

Miriam

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:01:49 +0100
Subject: PLEASE CONTACT THE SECURITY COMPANY URGENTLY WITH THIS INFORMATION

HELLO AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. I HOPE THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE DOING FINE? PLEASE I WANT US TO PROCEED WITH THE TRANSACTION WITHOUT DELAY. I NEED YOU TO CONTACT THE SECURITY COMPANY IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE WILL HAVE AN IDEA OF THEIR REQUIREMENTS.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS RELATING TO THIS TRANSACTION WITH ME, SO WHEN YOU CONTACT THE SECURITY COMPANY IF THEY ASK YOU FOR ANYTHING KINDLY CONTACT ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU BOTH THE INFORMATION'S AND DOCUMENTS, I HAVE THE DEPOSIT DOCUMENTS AND CERTIFICATES WHICH THE SECURITY COMPANY GAVE TO MY FATHER, I WILL SEND THEM TO YOU AS SOON AS THE SECURITY COMPANY REQUIRES THEM FROM YOU. PLEASE CONTACT THE SECURITY COMPANY WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION'S:

CHELSEA FINANCE AND SECURITY COMPANY LTD.
#175 Hillcrest Avenue,
P.O. Box TN 6705, Tantra Hills,
Accra North, Ghana.
Phone: +233 264 599 086
EMAIL: [email protected]

Thanks and God bless you,
Miriam Duke

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reply-To: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
From: "Chelsea Finance & Security Company" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:18:40 +0100
Subject: You Are Required To Respond Within 48 Hours!

Chelsea Finance & Security Company Ltd.
#175 Hillcrest Avenue,
Accra North, Ghana.

Attn: ”xxxxx”,

I am in receipt of your email and the contents noted. I am authorized to enlighten you that The Late Dr. Duke Harry Ndugba used to be one of our best customers and we miss him now that he is late. His daughter Miss. Miriam Duke has been coming to our office for sometime now and she has already notified us about her intentions to transfer her late fathers funds into your own personal bank account in ”xxxxxx” for investment.

In the light of this, I wish to inform you of our ability to transfer the funds to your nominated banking coordinates within three (3) working days via Swift Telegraphic Transfer (TT) as soon as our transfer requirements are met. However, before we can proceed with the transfer processes, you are required to answer the below questions to enable us confirm that you are the right friend and foreign partner of our late customer.

OFFICIAL CUSTOMER VERIFICATION QUESTIONEER

1. WHAT IS THE FULL NAMES OF OUR DECEASED CUSTOMER?
2. WHICH COUNTRY IS HE FROM?
3. WHO ARE YOU TO HIM?
4. WHAT DATE AND YEAR DID HE DIE AND WHAT LEAD TO HIS DEATH?
5. WHAT WAS HIS OCCUPATION?
6. WHAT IS THE SECURITY CODE?
7. WHAT IS THE TRANSACTION CODE?
8. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER
9. YOUR AGE AND OCCUPATION

YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTION'S WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

In your reply, kindly send us through email attachment; scanned copy of either your International Passport or drivers license as proof of identity. You are also advised to send to us scanned copies of our DEPOSIT CERTIFICATE & copy of our CONTRACT BOND AGREEMENT which we gave to our late client at the time of deposit of the fund. Please send all the aforementioned documents/certificates through email attachment. As soon as we received the above requirements from you, we shall immediately proceed with the remittance of the funds directly into your local bank account which you will be given to us upon our request. Further details will be given to you as soon as we hear back from you.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr. Derrick Gyan,
Branch Manager

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:44:33 +0100
Subject: Answer & Documents To The Bank

Dear Sir,

I am very glad that the bank has replied you. The bank manager called me and when i got there they were asking me some questions like, do you remember your late fathers foreign partner, have you recently spoken with your fathers foreign partner etc etc, and i confirmed to them that i have contacted u and that you want them to transfer the fund into your own personal account. I want to answer the questions which the bank asked you so that you can send it back to the bank immediately.

1. What is the full names of our deceased customer? DR. DUKE HARRY NDUGBA
2. Which country is he from? (ABIDJAN) IVORY COAST
3. Who are you to him? FRIEND AND FOREIGN PARTNER
4. What date and year did he die and what lead to his death? HE DIED ON DECEMBER 26TH, 2010. HE WAS KILLED BY REBELS
5. What was his occupation? POLITICIAN/GOLD MERCHANT
6. What is the security code? CFSCL/986/WA-XY-98246/2010
7. What is the transaction code? CFSCL/XXL/12P/10
8. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER??? YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER THIS ONE
9. YOUR AGE AND OCCUPATION? YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER THIS ONE

Please these are the answers, kindly send it to the bank today so that they can start the process of transferring the money into your bank account immediately. I am attaching scan copy of the Deposit Certificate which the bank gave to my father before he died. I am praying that you receive this email as soon as possible, thank you very much for your help and may god bless you always.

Yours Sincerely,
Miriam Duke

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sender: [email protected]
Received: by 10.50.87.102 with HTTP; Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:18:58 -0800 (PST)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:18:58 +0100
From: "Chelsea Finance & Security Company" <[email protected]>
Subject: Payment Advise For ”xxxxx”

#175 Hillcrest Avenue,
Accra North, Ghana.

Attn: ”xxxxxx”,

RE-ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

This is to acknowledge receipt of your answers to our official verification questioner together with scanned copies of our requested documents. Be informed that the board of directors of this bank; after going through your reply to our official questions has confirmed you as the next of kin of our late customer and we have legally perfected all modalities and issued vital Approvals in your favor to enable smooth remittance of your Inheritance fund into your local bank account within 48 banking hours.

Based on this Fact, the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of this reputable bank have checked your File and confirmed all contents to be TRUE and CORRECT hence, we have Officially Approved the transfer of your fund to take place as promptly as possible once you cooperate in accordance to the Ethical norms and Regulations of this company detailed in this letter.

Inline with Foreign Inheritance Transfer Guidelines as stipulated by the Bank of Ghana which is the apex bank of the country, there are rules and procedures to follow before we can be legally permitted to transfer this fund to you. Since the depositor of this fund is dead and you are claiming this fund as Beneficiary Next of kin, you are required by law to fly down to GHANA within SEVEN (7) working days time for physical signing of the FUND RELEASE ORDER (FRO) and other legal documents which will facilitate the immediate release of said fund into your personal banking coordinates in your country.

Alternatively, if you are not in position to come to GHANA, you are hereby required to send a power of attorney to Barrister Gerald Lamkin of Gerald Lamkin & Associates so that he can make legal representations on your behalf and help you process all the legal documents needed to transfer your inheritance fund into your own personal bank account in your country.

Therefore, you have two (2) options to claim your inheritance fund. The first option is for you to fly down to our office in ACCRA, GHANA within 7 days time; but if you cannot come to GHANA right away because of work/job commitments then you have the second option to hire an attorney who will help you claim the fund. This is in tandem with international transfer guidelines.

THEREFORE, IF YOU CANNOT COME TO GHANA, KINDLY CONTACT BARRISTER GERALD LAMKIN WITH THE BELOW INFORMATION:

Email: [email protected]

The above mentioned Barrister is the accredited attorney who will sign the legal documents on your behalf before the final release of your inheritance funds. It is pertinent to mention that no meaningful transfer will be effected without proper endorsement of the fund release order either by you or the above mentioned attorney who has been appointed on your behalf in your absentia.

Your prompt response in this matter will facilitate the earliest release of your inheritance fund to your banking coordinates in your location.

Thanks For Your Understanding And Cooperation.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr. Derrick Gyan,
Branch Manager

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

X-Originating-IP: not available
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:12:31 +0000
Subject: Attention: ”xxxxxx”

Gerald Lamkin & Associates
Advocates, Solicitors & Notary Public.
#153 Kwame Nkrumah Way,
P.O.Box KB 1672, Kinsby, Accra North, Ghana.
Phone: +233 (0) 572 132 812

OUR REF: GLA/GH/IIF-2012
YOUR REF:..............................

ATTN: ”xxxxxxx”,

RE: CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP DOCUMENTATION ON YOUR BEHALF.

I am Barrister Gerald Lamkin Esq, Principal partner of Gerald Lamkin & Associates. Our firm has vast experience in the areas of Inheritance Law, Probate, Trusts, Wills, Donations, Family and International Law. We are aggressive yet reasonable in our representations of your needs. Although we appreciate that we must attend court when negotiations break down, we attempt to reach amicable solutions prior to attending court in order to avoid wasting unnecessary time associated with the court process.

To this end, I can confirm to you that our chambers (Gerald Lamkin & Associates) has received your application to assist you in the legal processing and transfer of the sum of $5.7 Million USD into your local bank account in ”xxxxx”. It is important to also inform you that Miss. Miriam Duke has been coming to our office chamber many times to inform us that she would like her late fathers funds to be transferred from Ghana into your own bank account in ”xxxxxx”.

Apparently, we have been handling transfers of this nature on behalf of various individuals and foreign inheritance beneficiaries over the years and we have no doubt that we shall satisfy your needs by acting as your attorney here in Ghana in order to sign all the relevant transfer documents on your behalf. However, I am irrevocably obliged and vehemently composed to unify legal processes to ensure that said fund is legally documented in your name/favor and subsequently released to your personal bank account within 3 working days upon accomplishment of relevant legal documentations as required by law. It is important to educate you that this transfer will be conducted under a legitimate arrangement to avoid any breach of the law.

Meanwhile, we shall carry out this official assignment further only if we receive the following mandatory requirements from you.

1) CONSULTATION FEE: $400
2) NOTARIZATION FEE: $750
3) AFFIDAVIT OF CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE: $1,250
TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE: $2,400 (Two Thousand, Four Hundred US Dollars)

You are hereby required to send the above mentioned fee using our company account information as follows:

BANK NAME: Access Bank Ghana Ltd.
BANK ADDRESS: Kaneshi Branch
BANK SWIFT CODE: abngghac
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0081281160001
ACCOUNT NAME: Boulevard Global Link Ltd.

I attached herewith, scan copy of our specific Power Of Attorney together with this email. It is necessary that you fill the Power of Attorney with your banking information and send it back to us via email attachment together with the fee as stated above.

As soon as we received the above requirements from you we shall immediately commence legal representations on your behalf and ensure that the said fund is immediately transferred into your local bank account within 48 banking hours. You are hereby advised to send the above mentioned fee together with scan copy of your National ID Card, Passport Copy or Drivers License for proof of Identity. This will enable us to go to the court on your behalf, get all the necessary change of ownership documents, then go to the transferring bank and transfer your fund immediately.

If you need further advise or assistance, do not hesitate to contact us immediately.

Yours Faithfully,
Barrister Gerald Lamkin Esq. (LLB. LLM. BL)
Principal Partner
Advertisement