Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#23881 by littlemaiko Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:42 pm
Hello,

First I'll apologize if I don't have the right words or right translation for certain words. I am totally bilingual, but there are words that I never use in english so I don't know if they exist. Please if there's info that should not be there, please remove it. thank you.

A friend of mine and her girlfriend are on social aid (money from the government). They found a website (in french): argent gratuit 2010 . com (no space) but the website does not work anymore.
The man's email is: (not available yet)
and his phone number: 450-270-4140
Address: Perron M-P
514-270-4140
6425 Av Christophe-Colomb
Montréal, QC H2S 2G5

The man said that he gives out "subventions" (supposedly, this is money given out by government to help those in need to go to school or something of the sort). He would meet with my friend and his girlfriend, talk to them, give them the info about what his "company" does and take their information. Then he would deposit 300$ in my friend's girlfriend's bank account and give her 500$ cash.

I find this really really fishy and really really scam-y sounding. But they won't listen to me. Here in Canada, with the bank account # anybody can deposit money into your account. What I'm scared is that, if he gets the girl's information, that maybe he would be able to gain access to her bank account and empty it, or use it to buy stuff.

Slightlyoutofit from 419eaters helped me out to figure out the scam.

Luckily my friend said that the man never showed up,so she didn't get scammed, but I'm scared that they'll try to get her or her girlfriend again :(

It's incredible how many times I've won the lottery in different countries, but never here in Canada XD
Advertisement