Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3207 by Samantha Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:13 pm
From the Desk of  Prof.Charles C.Soludo
The Executive Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria,
 Garki, Abuja-Nigeria.

To:

Sir,

Sequel to the irregularities founds in your file propelled me to write to your
perusal sequencially at this juncture, and it is my pleasure to write to you once again based on your payment approval through International Cashier Cheque and since your mail on 30th June, 2007 I have not heard from you.

Beside this, as the Governor of this Apex Bank, in my manifesto while accepting and resuming this sensitive office as the Governor, it is my greatest desire to ensure that I encouraged the Foreign Contractors and Investors by empowering them through prompt and swift payment of their duly funds without passing through any plight encounterment in the cause of their funds payment and by the special grace of Almighty God, I have been maintaining this level of legacy which Mr.President, Umaru Yar'Adua has commended my efforts mostly during this seasons of Economic Reforms Summit Conference going on for some months back.

As a matter of facts, it got down my nerves to note that the said file approved for payment of US$33.5Million which has been stated for immediate transfer in your favour since last few Months of September 2006, the same file was brought to my Office again by the Foreign Funds Payment Verification Committee of the Senate House which has turn the whole house into a basterious arena, which in the other hand may call for Investigating panels to find out the true source of this funds.

Perhaps, the quest to this, is simply because of the 2007 Presidential Election here in Nigeria, to avoid the top Government Officials diverting such funds into their Offshore Account for their slefish interest of sponsorship of this forthcoming Election.

Based on this above illustrated and given reasons, with due regards, we want to ensure that all the outstanding foreign payments are carried on immediately without further delay, unless where you can furnish us with some cogent reasons why your funds should not be confiscate and impounded failure to comply to the logistics demand to facilitate the swift and immediate transfer of your funds.

Furthermore, as founds in your file, all the logistics requirements and various
endorsement has been completed both you the beneficiary and the offices concerned here in Nigeria except your tax clearance which you have paid part of the fee.

Without further delay, I hereby implore your indulgience to do yourself a favour by obtaining this tax clearance, failure to comply as instructed because of the mandate we have obliged to complete every foreign payment to avoid diversation of Government Treasury into private offshore accounts, you should not blame any body for default of your contractual  payment.

In conclussion, your quick response to this message will proof your degnitory and intergrity as a man of great honour.

Best Regards,

Prof.Charles C.Soludo
Executive Governor,
Central Bank of Nigeria.
+234-808-053-8545
Advertisement

#3211 by Jillian Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:36 pm
Charles Soludo is a name used by many, many scammers.
Sometimes the title of professor or doctor is used in conjunction with the name.

For this scam script, the scammer has a fake barrister make first contact:

PAYMENT INVESTIGATING UNIT.
From the records of outstanding payment with the Federal Government of Nigeria, your name was discovered as next on the list of The outstanding beneficiaries who have not received their payments.

I wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter. Also note that from my record in my file your outstanding payment is US$30.5, (Thirty Million Five Hundred Thousand United states Dollars only) Please re-confirm to me if this is Online with what you have in your record and also re-confirm to me the followings.
(1) Your full name.
(2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
3) company's name,position and address.
4) profession, age and marital status.
5) Copy of int'l passport or any scanned identity to prove yourself.As soon as this informations are received, your payment will be made to you from central bank of Nigeria. Rev. Mike Uba.
Executive Chairman. F.C.P.C. SIGN BY PRESIDEN.

And then has emails start from "Charles Soludo" after the person has replied to the barrister.

Attn:XXXXXX/copied to the finance ministry for approval.Monday, April 21, 2008 9:45 AM
To: [email protected]

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA Attn:XXXXX XXXX, Sequel to final approval of the release of your funds via CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT through the Central Bank of Nigeria as demanded and headed by Proffessor Charles Chukwuma Soludo.I have scrutinised your file and agreed upon the request that you must receive your funds via CERIFIED BANK DRAFT which I have scanned and attached a copy of the CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT prepared on your name. Once we receive signal with the receipt of the said fee of US$1,800 from Rev.,we will immediately dispatch the original copy of the Draft which you will take to your bank to claim your funds by one of the fastest courrier servise company. Finally,it is very important that you get back to us to enable us endorse the final release documents and notarisation papers from the Federal Ministry of Finance where the final release approval will be ordered from. Congratulations.Proff:Charles Chukwuma Soludo.

#3212 by Jillian Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:42 pm
Here is another scammer using the name of Charles Soludo:

RE: IMMEDIATE PAYMENT‏
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 4:25:40 PM
Reply-to: [email protected]
To:

From the Desk Of:
Prof Charles Soludo
Executive Governor (CBN)
IMMEDIATE PAYMENT
REF: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/07
[OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR]

We have this monday 14th april 2008 received a payment credit
instruction
from the federal Government of Nigeria to credit your account with your
full
contract funds from the Nigerian reserve account with our bank.

This is to notify you that you funds has been programmed for immediate
release into your nominated account but we can not transfer this funds
direct
to your nominated bank account, because we are having a little problem
with
International Monetary Fund (IMF) so our method of payment is by
Diplomatic Courier Service Be inform that every arrangement regarding
your
cash
payment through diplomatic services has been made; note that your
funds have
beenpackage like a consignment.

Be informing that the Diplomatic Agency has to move down to your
Country in order to deliver the Consignment to your doorstep. Note that
as
soon as
the Diplomatic arrive to your Country they will give you a call
immediately to enable you help them to get (Yellow Tag Paper). You have
to
help the
diplomats to get (yellow Tag Paper) so that the customs and immigration
will not
stop them in Airport, for security reason you are advice to follow the
rules
and regulation of the diplomats for easy collection of the consignment,
you have to welcome the diplomatic agent, to enable them deliver the
Consignment to
you immediately,

be inform that as soon as the diplomatic obtain the above
name certificate they will deliver the Consignment to your door step
Toremind you that the diplomats has a transit to Atlanta Georgia and
finally to
arrive at your State as the last destination on their diplomatic
travel
route
this week. I want you to send your direct mobile phone and your home
address to me
immediately, so that as soon as the diplomatic arrive in State they
will call you immediately to notify you.

Your Full Name: ______________________________
Your Complete Address (Physical Address with Zip Code not
P.O.BOX) : ______________________________
Name of City of Residence:__________________
Direct Telephone Number:+2348077174520

PROFESSOR CHARLES C. SOLUDO,
GOVERNOR, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)
PRIVATE E-MAIL:
NOTE: RESPONSE SHOULD BE MADE IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT WILL BE TOO LATE
FOR YOU.

#3213 by Chris Martins Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:47 pm
We could fill pages with Charles Soludo scam letters. He even runs a few lotteries :lol: :

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
CBN HEAD QUARTER ANNEX, LAGOS/ NIGERIA.
DIRECT LINE: +234- 8054643457 .
OUR REF: CBN/IRD/CBX/021L/08 .

DATE: 15th April, 2008.
Attn: [your name here],

I AM HIGHLY APPRECIATIVE OF YOUR URGENT RESPONSE I HAD A MEET WITH MR PETER BRABECK,JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR ON THIS, ALL OF THE $350,000.00 US DOLLARS BELONGS TO YOU AND WOULD BE PAID ACCORDINGLY.
THE ONLY NECESSARY THING YOU SHOULD DO IS PROVIDE AND YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS WHERE YOU WANT THE MONEY TO BE PAID, YOU ALSO HAVE TO SEND SOME PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION, THAT IS YOU HAVE TO SCAN AND SEND A COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE OR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT FOR FULL IDENTIFICATION AS THE RECIPIENT.
HAVING DONE THE ABOVE, YOUR WINNINGS WOULD BE PAID INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AS DIRECTED.
WE AWAIT YOUR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE.

Yours Truly

PROF. CHARLES C. SOLUDO.
EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR.
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)
OFFICE LINE: +234- 8054643457

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

#3214 by Chris Martins Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:51 pm
... And distributes money from abandoned contracts to total strangers:

Profesor Chas Soludo <[email protected]>

Dear sir
After making several enquiry, I confirmed that you are not among the foreign contractors mandated to transfer their funds but I would wish to inform you that the sum of USD$25,000,000.00 which is the payment left over which I would want you to act as the beneficairy to enable us channel the funds into your account for onward sharing as soon as the funds gets to your nominated Bank account.
However, before we commence on the transaction, I would need your assurance that you will not betray nor let me down in this transaction as soon as the funds gets to your possession and you will also keep this transaction secret as you know the nature of the transaction.
So kindly get back to me as soon as possible so that I will let you know the further directives on how to finalize this transaction. I would want this transaction to be finalized under 72 hours of commencement as the Presidency has mandated the Senate House to finalize every foreign transfer before the end of this month.
Upon the receipt of your mail, further information will be given to you.
Thank you.
profassor soludo
234-8068826608

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

#3516 by benjamin Fri May 30, 2008 9:24 am
And...yet another Charles Soludo
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
TINUBU SQUARE, VICTORIA ISLAND- LAGOS NIGERIA

OFFICE OF FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

Swift Code: CBC HJK ITT,
A/C#: 8296303=165030=281=4310
FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

Tell: +234 1 7314327
Our Ref: CBN/IRD/CBX/088/08

RE:TRANSFER OF FIVE MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLAR.

ATTN:.

On behalf of the entire Staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Federal Government of Nigeria in collaboration with IMF and World Bank. We apologise for the delay of your Contract Payment and all the Inconveniences you encountered while pursuing this payment.
However,from the Records of outstanding Contractors due for payment with the Federal Government of Nigeria, your Name and Company was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding Contractors who have not yet received their payments.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square hole and your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter.Also note that from the record in my file, your outstanding Contract Payment is US$5,700,000.00 (five Million seven Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only).Kindly re-confirm to me the followings:

(1) Your full name................................................
(2) Phone, fax and mobile #...................................
3) company’s name............................position.........................and address.....................profession....................age..............and marital status........................
4) Banking information’s, Name of the bank.........................................address.......................................
5) Copy of your int’l passport or any scanned identity to prove yourself............................................

As soon as the above mentioned details are received, your payment will be effected into your account.

YOURS SINCERELY,
PROFESSOR CHARLES C. SOLUDO,
EXECUTIVE.GOVERNOR,
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN).