Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#167079 by FrenchHouse Tue May 28, 2013 4:24 am
Hi

I was recive a mail a few days ago typical 419 scams but I met them for the first time an I was
cheated because i sen him my ID scan an adress now I reported it this on police what will be a consequences of my stupidity :( they didint have number of my bank account but they can use my ID and adress some how?
Gratitude for any advice I placed below part of mail from this scams.

Hello Dear Adrian
l am happy for your reply to my mail, I am Miss Joy Cruch Taylor, 24 years old girl from Sudan attractive, single, (never married ) i speak English and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country . Being the only daughter of late Dr. Cruch Taylor. My late father is a business man he deal in oil Business, after thinking about my situation and all am passing through i decided to replied you. I will be very happy to have a good relationship with you, because I have a very special reason I decided to contact you as regards the urgency of my situation here. my late father and my Mom was brutal assassinated by armed.

I am moved to contact you because of the maltreatment i am suffering from my step mother. She planned to cease all my late father's estates, treasury and properties from me, hence; the unexpected brutal assassination of my beloved Father.
Meanwhile, I had wanted to flee to Europe, but, she hid away my international passport and other valuable traveling documents. Luckily she did not discover where I kept my Late Father's personal files, which contained important documents.
So, I decided to escape into this refugees camp, from where I am presently seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR); here in Dakar, Republic of Senegal.
I wish to contact you personally for a long term business relationship and investment assistance in your country.
My late father blessed memory deposited the sum of US$4,500,000 (four million and five hundred thousand United States Dollars). in commercial finance bank, with my name as next of kin here in Senegal.
However, I shall forward you with the necessary information of the deposit on confirmation of your willingness and acceptance to assist me for the claims, release, transfer and investment of the fund in business in your country.

As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the laws of this country (Senegal).I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year as a law student before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

My phone number (+221765740558). I have no private phone, but I have been permitted by one of the Rev father here in the camp who is the coordinator here ,his name is Revrend priest Donaat Bohé, to use his office computer and phone for regular contacts with you, till we successfully complete this transfer process.i am presently staying at the female hostel, awaiting your urgent reply. And please, do keep this secret and only to yourself; I beg you not to disclose it to any person whosoever, till I come over to your country; soon after transfer of the funds to your personal account for me. I do hope that my explanations are very clear; But, if you need further clarification, don't hesitate to call me ,with Rev Priest Donaat Bohe number (+221765740558) or you send in your questions.
I have attached to you my picture l like honest and understanding people,truthful and a person of vision,truth and hardworking. as I look forward to receive your reply soon.
I am yours truly Joy.
Advertisement

#167080 by Con Warner Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 am
Welcome to ScamWarners FrenchHouse
Scammers do use the identities of other people all the time. They never use their own, so it's highly likely that your ID will be used in future scams. There's nothing that can be done about that.

Thankfully, financial institutions, government bodies etc. do not accept scanned or photocopied documents as proof of ID. Therefore, you should be quite safe financially.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#167081 by FrenchHouse Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 am
Con Warner wrote:Welcome to ScamWarners FrenchHouse
Scammers do use the identities of other people all the time. They never use their own, so it's highly likely that your ID will be used in future scams. There's nothing that can be done about that.

Thankfully, financial institutions, government bodies etc. do not accept scanned or photocopied documents as proof of ID. Therefore, you should be quite safe financially.

Thank you Con Warner for your response I will be more careful in the future what's done is done now I will be able to help if I can Thank you once more good day.
#290691 by malu53 Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:46 am
hi5
Angel C

Hello! My name is miss JOY, i want us to be friends i don't know how you will feel about it,please you can write to me (j[email protected]) i'm sorry if i am embarrassing you, i shall explain all about myself including my pictures. yours in miss JOY.