Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3364 by webster Thu May 08, 2008 1:51 pm
Hi all I am new here got this email the other day. My Dear,

I felt very sorry and bad for you, that your life is going to end like this if you don't comply. I was paid to eliminate you and I have to do it within 10 days.

Someone you call your friend wants you dead by all means, and the person have spent a lot of money on this, the person also came to us and told us that he wants you dead and he provided us your names, photograph and other necessary information we needed about you. If you are in doubt with this I will send you your name and where you are residing in my next mail.

Meanwhile, I have sent my boys to track you down and they have carried out the necessary investigation needed for the operation, but I ordered them to stop for a while and not to strike immediately because I just felt something good and sympathetic about you. I decided to contact you first and know why somebody will want you dead by all means. Right now my men are monitoring you, their eyes are on you, and even the place you think is safer for you to hide might not be.

Now do you want to LIVE OR DIE? It is up to you. Get back to me now if you are ready to enter deal with me, I mean life trade, who knows, and I might just spear your life, $5,000 is all you need to spend. You will first of all pay $1,500 then I will send the tape of the person that want you dead to you and when the tape gets to you, you will pay the remaining $3,500. If you are not ready for my help, then I will have no choice but to carry on the assignment after all I have already being paid before now.

Warning: do not think of contacting the police or even tell anyone because I will extend it to any member of your family since you are aware that somebody that want you dead know you too well and some members of your family as well.

For your own good I will advise you not to go out once is 7pm until I make out time to see you and give you the tape of my discussion with the person who want you dead then you can use it to take any legal action. Good luck as I await your reply to this e-mail contact.

Contact me with my private email address:[email protected]

Mr.Patrick Bulldozer.
Advertisement

#3365 by Dan Jones Thu May 08, 2008 2:19 pm
Hi there Webster.

That's pretty much the standard hitman scam script.
Would be good if you could post the headers too.
#3366 by webster Thu May 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Return-path: <bulldozerx>
Received: from mta23.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
(mta23.srv.hcvlny.cv.net [167.206.5.184]) by mstr15.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
(Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-8.04 (built Feb 28 2007))
with ESMTP id <0K0G0041MZBJ1DA0> for
Tue, 06 May 2008 19:16:32 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from relay.vip.sohu.com (websmtp.sohu.com [61.135.132.177])
by mta23.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
(Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-8.04 (built Feb 28 2007))
with ESMTP id <0K0G00MD2ZBHBYF0> for
Tue,
06 May 2008 19:16:31 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from mx4.vip.sohu.com (unknown [192.168.95.243])
by relay.vip.sohu.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 02DEF909126EB; Wed,
07 May 2008 07:16:18 +0800 (CST)
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 07:16:19 +0800 (CST)
Subject: SOMEONE YOU CALL YOUR FRIEND, WANTS YOU DEAD.
To:
Message-id: <30067219>
MIME-version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Sohu Web Mail 2.0.13
Content-type: multipart/related; boundary="Boundary_(ID_cJ6/9LSeap0EMKnGnXrNGw)"
X-Priority: 3
X-SHIP: 41.223.251.85
X-SHMOBILE: 0

#3367 by Chris Martins Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 pm
Scam emails like that can be pretty unsettling, but there is absolutely nothing to worry about. They haven't the foggiest idea who you are, and they are almost certainly thousands of miles from you. That particular one probably came from Beijing China (according to the IP address in the header).

Scammers send these out by the thousands hoping to make someone nervous enough to pay up.

You can be sure that even if you paid, the threats will only intensify, and they won't stop until you are penniless. Actually, that wouldn't stop them. You would be told to sell your possessions, borrow money, steal it, or anything else they can think of.

There is one good way to protect yourself completely, just hit delete. :D

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

#3368 by webster Thu May 08, 2008 3:09 pm
It just made me more mad then anything :D

#3369 by ChrisSmith Thu May 08, 2008 3:15 pm
I see that you've put this in the Surplus Letter forum on our sister site - 419eater.

Death Threat scams are highly prized by baiters. You can rest assured that this one will get "special" attention. :wink:

#3678 by Crispy Duck Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 am
Here's another hitman assassination letter that is going around. This was sent to an elderly person who has forwarded it to me for posting here.

It is just an attempt to frighten someone into paying money.

I have also put it on 419Eater for some attention.

YOU BETTER BE MORE CAREFUL!!!

I feel very sorry for you. It is such a pity that this is how your life is going to end, that's only when you don't comply. As you can see, there is no need to introduce myself to you because I don't have anything personal with you, strictly business. I think I should tell you a little secret, I was paid to Eliminate you, and I have to do it in just 10 days. Someone you call your friend wants you Dead by all means, and the person have spent a lot of money on this, he also came to me yesterday and told me that he wants your death to suden and painful as a pay back for a beef you both had. He had given us your names, photograph and all other neccessary informations we needed about you. and I sent my boys to track you down and they have carried out a very strict investigation on you. And I can assure you, we have every information we need for the operation now.

But since my data shows that you are innocent and I could make more profit out a double deal. then I called my client back and ask for your e-mail address. And as I write to you, now, my men are monitoring you and your every step.
NOTE:- Don't even think of f****ing with me, my eyes is on you. So for your own good I'd advise you co-opperate with us.

Do you want to LIVE OR DIE? Its up to you, since someone had paid me to eliminate you. Get back to me now if you are ready to do business with me. I might just spear your life.
$20,000. is all you have to spend. But first you have to pay $10,000 bucks, to us through any transfer here in Rep of Benin. then I will send a tape to you containing evidence. Then when the tape gets to you, the balance is $10,000. bucks. I won't entertain any delay in paying the balance. If you are ready to comply with my offer, there is my email address down below this paragraph.

Email me :([email protected])
WARNING:- DO NOT THINK OF CONTACTING THE POLICE OR EVEN TELL ANYONE BECAUSE I WILL KNOW.REMEMBER, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOU VERY WELL WANT'S YOU DEAD! I WILL EXTEND IT TO YOUR FAMILY, INCASE I NOTICE SOMETHING FUNNY.
DO NOT COME OUT ONCE IT IS 7 PM UNTIL I MAKE OUT TIME TO SEE YOU AND GIVE YOU THE TAPE OF MY DISCUSSION WITH THE PERSON WHO WANT YOU DEAD THEN YOU CAN USE IT TO TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION. GOOD LUCK.

#3823 by Crispy Duck Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:49 pm
Another death threat - this time supposedly from UPS! One asks - are they going to kill with a mailbag, perhaps?

NO - it is just another attempt to frighten innocent citizens into paying money! This was forwarded to a colleague by someone who was scammed in the past & has now stopped replying to the scammers. He is an ordinary citizen who cares about his family but is obviously concerned that there could be an element of truth in the threat.

To him & ALL who receive such - your lives are NOT in danger! It is a scam to get you to send money - nothing more!

[quote]From: UNITED POSTAL EXPRESS <www>
To:
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:41:52 PM
Subject: SOMEONE YOU CALL YOUR FRIEND, WANTS YOU DEADâ€

#3832 by Ralph Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 am
Hitman scams dont seem as common as some of the other scams going on at the moment, again, lack of knowledge on these makes it very hard to stop them.

If you have been threatened by a hitman scam the police generally will act, they may be able to do little about it, but all the same, they will listen, take notes and check it out, then in most cases get back to you saying its a scam and they can do little :( .

Hitmen are very much sought after by baiters, a nice death threat from a scammer is seen as a badge of honour and I am sure he will find his scamming is about to become a little hardrer.

Baiters will happily contact this fellow and play with him, either going along with the scam to waste his time or simply taunting him, they do this from anonymous email accounts the same as the scammer uses. knowing full well that this con artsist does not know what country they are in, much less where they are.