Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#26235 by stephe4him2010 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 pm
Hi,
My name is stephanie and I recently signed up on various nanny sites to become an au pair overseas. I have gotten quite a few responses and this one in particular I was going to go to london to be a nanny for. The dad said that his wife was working in Kuwait for 3 years and he needs a nanny for his 2 little children. The pay was good and he even had me use his travel agency. (Recently I discovered what I now know to be a scam, thanks to your website, but he keeps contacting me and is intending on me going over there. Please let me know for sure if this is a scam.) We have been corresponding back and forth for about 4 weeks now. I just learned 2 days ago that this could be a scam. I already sent the travel agency about $600 for "documents" that I needed.

Aupair Needed Urgently

[email protected] am Dr. Maca Woods, 40 Years Old from United Kingdom. I work with Multimedia...
Mar 12

[email protected]...Mar 12

Reply |[email protected] to michwiliam10
show details Mar 12

[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]

dateFri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:46 AM
subjectAupair Needed Urgently

hide details Mar 12

I am Dr. ********, 40 Years Old from United Kingdom. I work with Multimedial Consultant in United

Kingdom and I don't usually stay home unless during weekends. My contact address if you'll mind is 71

72 Vincent Square, London, England, SW1P2PA. Its a pleasure to introduce my two kids namely Joe

andRuth whom ages are 3 years and 5 years respectively. I came across your profile on theAupair site

as a reliable Person and I consider you more than capable to assist me take care of my kids. I urgently

want an Au Pair nanny for them because they are the only one left at home after their Mother travelled

out of the Country for work now..

Your duties includes taking the kids to school, bringing them back home, keep them company, go to

Museums, playground, watching movies, prepare/serving their snacks and foods. You will have your

Private Room which will have Bathroom, Toilet, Television, Air-Conditional. You will have access to the

Internet and a Telephone at home should in case you want to get in touch with your Family, Friends or

Relatives. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days, so to enable you have enough time for

yourself. As for your salary, I intend to pay you 1,500 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 400

Pounds weekly which I suppose should be acceptable by you..

Hope to hear from you soon. Bye for now and may the gentle breeze of all moment blow cool memory

into your brain, Amen! Kindly contact me through my personal email address below.

Phone Number: +447024027740

Note reply to Macawoods02@ ymail.com
And also yahoo messenger macawoods02
Warmest regards,
Dr. ***********and Family.

****PROCESSING FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM VISA AND WORK PERMIT****???????
LONDON BABY!!!!X

[email protected] Stephanie, AeroTravels Management wishes to thank you for contacting us ...
Mar 15

[email protected]...Mar 15

Reply |[email protected] to me
show details Mar 15

Dear Stephanie,
AeroTravels Management wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding the arrangement of your Traveling Documents to the United Kingdom. We promise to Offer you the best which you will be Glad you did. It was Indicated in your E-mail that you have been told by your Host Family Dr Maca Woods who asked you to contact us. We promise never to disappoint you as we have never disappointed him either. We would request that you provide us with the following so that the Documentation will start immediately. We would get your Visa within a week as soon as we receive the information from you in (FULL DETAILS).

- Full Name:

-Mailing Address:

-Phone Number:

-Nationality:

-Passport Photo page:

-A Total of £1,000 to enable us process the necessary Documents for the visa for you to Travel down here to U.K, Flight Ticket and all other necessary Documents as well as the Job Contract to make you feel secured enough.

Type of visachargeValidityTerm of issueConsular fee
Single entry12 months3 days£ 1,000.00

Single entry14 months5 days£ 1,300.00

Single entry24 months7 days£ 1,600.00

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British Embassy along with your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will be sent to you. We will like you to find with this E-mail a Copy of the U.K Visa Form which you are going to fill and get it back to us with a scanned copy of your recent Passport Photo.

We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary Details.

In anticipation of your response.

Yours Faithfully,

Aero Travels Agency

* After the money was swnt for the documents and flight, they sent me the visa form, which i then printed out and scanned back to them. I thought I would get my plane ticket, but then they sent me this.....

Dear Stephanie,

Aero Travels Management's: Your UK EMPLOYMENT VISA DOCUMENTS that was paid for by you and your Employer has ARRANGED, VERIFIED, CONFIRMED, AND SIGNED BY THE CEO on 24th Of March 2010. We are using this opportunity to inform you that some major Documents are needed from you and your Employer as soon as possible for us to meet up with the date of interview given by British Embassy Located in The U.S.A. Flight Ticket was ISSUED via British Airways but your Departure Date will be choosed by you when you have received your Flight schedules, after your UK VISA has been Granted on your International Passport.

STATUS OF DOCUMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS,

*STATUS OF WORK PERMIT & ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS - PROCESSED
*STATUS OF FLIGHT TICKET - PROCESSED
*STATUS OF EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 - NOT PROCESSED
*STATUS OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DOCUMENTS - NOT PROCESSED
*STATUS OF EMPLOYER FAMILY PHOTOS - NOT PROCESSED

MANDATORY DOCUMENTS NEEDED ARE AS FOLLOWS,

(1) EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 DOCUMENTS ( Aero Travel Management's will process the EU UFF & ECB8.10.5 Documents at the amount of £1,250.00 GBP. )
(2) ORIGINAL EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT DOCUMENTS ( SIGNED BY THE EMPLOYER, EMPLOYEE AND LAWYER ),
(3) 5 PHOTOS OF THE EMPLOYER FAMILY.

The UK BORDER AGENCY have now stated that All Visa Applicants requireing for UK Employment Visa should have EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 Documents, before they can stay and work here in the United Kingdom due, to the illegal abuse that are caused by 70% of Visitor's Workers here in United Kingdom. The ( EU UFF AND ECB8..10.5 Documents ) are very Mandatory. We are very sorry to inform you that you will not be able to travel, stay and work in UK, if you do not have the ( EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 Documents ).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Original Copies of your United Kingdom Visa Documents, Work Permit Documents, EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 Documents, Employment Contract Documents, Family Photos and Flight Ticket will be send to your home address via FEDEX. AND Duplicates Copies of your United Kingdom Visa Documents, Work Permit Documents, EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 Documents, Employment Contract Documents, and Family Photos will be forwarded to British Embassy in U.S.A On 27th March 2010. British Embassy in your location will contact you via phone on 28th of March 2010 for your Interview, they will tell you to know when to come with your International Passport, Medical Exam Results, and all your Original Documents that was sent to you by Aero Travel Agency.

Aero Travels Management's confirmed that you have been given 48 HOURS to send all requested documents via E-mail and make all necessary payments for your EU UFF AND ECB8.10.5 Documents so that we will be able to meet up with all given dates for your VISA. ( PAYMENT DATE FAILURE PENALTY IS £500.00 ).

THANK YOU FOR USING AERO TRAVEL AGENCY. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATRONAGE.

Ms Florence John.
P.R.O.AERO TRAVELLERS CO.

Mr Eric Miller.
C.E.O.AERO TRAVELLERS CO.

Mr Ademola Adegbile
C.P.D.. AERO TRAVELLERS CO.

Aero Travel's Contact Details.
Address: 1 high Street
City: Twyford Near Reading
State: Berkshire
Zip Code: RG10 9AB
Phone: +447024044568

In anticipation of your response,
Yours Faithfully.

Aero Travels Agency

*I then ended ups sending them 500 USD to contribute to the 1800 for the "special"document. The dad said that he would pay the rest. They wanted it sent western union to Eric Miller-CEO in Indianapolis Indiana.

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for making the payments of £1250.00 to enable us process the necessary Document(s) for your UNITED KINGDOM EMPLOYMENT VISA DOCUMENTS for you to travel down here to United Kingdom. We told you and your employer that We have given you 5days for the Payment of Your document.Now you have delayed the Payment and it is more than A week.

Though we have already process all your documents,Before we can email you The Neccesary Information You must make the Payment of £500 as the Penalty for the delayed of the payment.

Please make sure you make the Penalty Payment Withing the next 72 Hours so there wount be anymore delay in your Visa.

As soon as you have make the Payment we will contact you with all the details and also Contact you through Phone for Confirmation.

We will begin in earnest once we receive The Payment Information.

In anticipation of your response.

Yours Faithfully,

Aero Travels Agency

* Please note- at this point something seemed fishy, but I went allong thinking that it was ok. Now that I realize this isn't good, The dad still wants me to pay 361 USD towards the late fee (Its 761 i think, he said he would pay 400)
Advertisement

#26236 by Ralph Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 pm
Hi Stephanie

Welcome to Scamwarners

I have absolutely no doubt that its a scam

In the first email you posted I found this line

Room which will have Bathroom, Toilet, Television, Air-Conditional

You could do an exact google search on it and you will find many hits, the first hit being another post here at Scamwarners viewtopic.php?p=20687#p20687

I have seen the exact line many times associated with these scams and have no doubt this is one also.

Another big red flag is the phone number, phone numbers that start with 4470 are UK redirect phone numbers, these phone numbers can be set up by anybody from anywhere in the world but they are most commonly used by African scammers pretending to be from the UK

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask
#26237 by GomerPyle Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:55 pm
I agree with Ralph totally.

The address is of a one star hotel in London - The Wellington Hostel

71 / 72 Vincent Square, London SW1P 2PA, England

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... gland.html

A review

what a strange place - but it's ok

The Wellington used to be a religous college - and it's a bit like staying in a monastery with professional hotel staff. Frankly the facilities are either non-existent or benedictine. The architecture is great, the rooms are spacious but the furniture belongs in a charity shop. However the beds are fine and the laundry is good quality and clean. There are no lifts and the paint is peeling. My room had no ensuite but the communal WCs and showers were evidently new and well serviced. Breakfast was ok -just. However it is incredibly good value for a quiet hotel in the heart of London. If you are on a tight budget and don't mind not having an ensuite bathroom it's pretty good. I'll be giving it another go.

The e-mails from the scammer are very badly written for someone who is supposed to be a doctor.

I'm sorry you've lost money to this person but you should never send money to someone offering to employ you. I'm sure you will have sent the money by Moneygram or western Union because it would be a give away if you sent money to the scammer's account in West Africa, if they have one there.

Everyone has a bank account in the UK and a Doctor wouldn't use Western Union or MoneyGram.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#26238 by Dotti Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm
Stephanie,

I am sorry you have lost money to this scammer, but unfortunately, I have no doubt that you have. Like Ralph, I only had to get through a few lines before I was certain it was a scammer. There is absolutely no way an English man wrote that first email. Besides the common script, the English is atrocious, and the mistakes are typical of an African.

You need to understand now that you will not be getting your money back, or you run the risk of falling victim to a recovery scam. If anyone tells you they can get your money back, or if he or his "travel agent" offers a refund, it is another scam, designed to get more money from you!

but he keeps contacting me and is intending on me going over there

He has no intention of you going there--he is not even there himself. He is sitting in Africa or Malaysia, sending these or similar emails to dozens of other hopeful young women. The only thing he intends is for you to send more money. He has not paid a penny for anything, as the "travel agency" is either himself or an accomplice.

Here are just a few of the points (besides the English and the basic format) that show beyond a doubt this is a scam:
-The address: as GomerPyle already pointed out, it is a cheap hotel.
-The 44-70 redirect number. Someone actually living in London would have a British landline or cellphone, not a redirect number. A scammer in Africa who is pretending to be in UK would have a redirect number, though
-The email address: [email protected] is a free email address from mail.com A reputable travel agency would not have a free email address as a business address.
-travel agencies cannot process visa applications. In order to travel to UK, you would have to apply and go to the embassy yourself! An immigration attorney (who would be in the US) might help you to sort through a complicated set of documents, but not a travel agent!
-The form: per the official UK visa website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk This is the form they told you that you need now!
ECB8.10.5 Hong Kong Documents of Identity for Visa Purposes are issued to residents of Hong Kong, who do not meet the residence criteria to qualify for the right of abode and thus the HKSAR passport and/or cannot obtain a national passport.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#45609 by Ma.Melissa Borromeo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 pm
hi,scamwarners im melissa from philippines and i want to know if this is a scam? Hello ,
How are you? Thanks for the reply to my job offer and the interest in
my family.I would like to see your Curriculum Vitae(CV).Truly i need a
foreign nanny,i know that there are a lot of nannies in UK here but its just
that i need a nanny from outside,Asia to be precise is
understanding,loving,good nanny and well determined,that can take good care
of my kids for me but with the recommendation from you and that is the more
reason I may need your services,hopefully you will be my kid's nanny and do
according to your words. I reside in Battersea London sw11 2ls
United Kingdom. I work because of them and I love my kids so much and
would not toy with
them.They are the apple of my eyes.Am willing to pay any amount to give them
the best in the world.You would be needing to settle the Visa Procurement
yourself because i paid for 2 nanny and the past few months which they did
not turn up but went somewhere else after their visa was approved and that
is why i vowed that any nanny that i will employ will make half of
expenses by himself/herself.Hope you understand how i mean.I need a very
serious person and the job is available right now.
All expenses made by you will be refunded immediately you
get here. Do get back to me as soon as possible and we take it
from there Regards,

marry davids.
#45610 by Ma.Melissa Borromeo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 pm
i have send them my resume,HI ,
I got your resume and am okay with it am really impressed that you are a graduate and i would love you to come work with me . but let me make this clear to you that you will be responsible for the part payment of your visa processing because i dont want to repeat the same mistake i did with my former nannies. so if you accept my offer get back to me as soon as possible

Marry Davids
#45611 by Ma.Melissa Borromeo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 pm
Hello Au pair,
I saw your profile on the Easy Au pair- site.
I stay No 12 Winchfield Rd, Sydenham, London. SE26 5TQ.
We currently have some kids aged 3 & 5 years old, we looking for a Au Pair or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willing to stay with us for a minimum of 6 or 12 month(s).
We are a British family living in London, UK. I work for (shell petroleum).A British Based Multinational Oil and Gas Company.
About Our Family
We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our kids are fairly easy going and relaxed,they would enjoy someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm.. Having English as a first language is not required and in fact, we would entertain the nanny speaking to them in
her own mother-tongue..
We only seek a Au pair for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £1800(One thousand eight hundred pounds sterling) with a weekly pocket money of £200. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put in her best in taking care of our children.
You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer.Do well to send us your references or resume & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with them. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest. My Number is +447045754032 or [email protected]
We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes
Dr Mark Denton.
#45612 by Ma.Melissa Borromeo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Hello ,
I got your mail am going to direct you to my agent down here he is going to be in charge of your visa processing here in the U.K . ones your visa is ready the embassy in your country will call you to come for your visa endorsement. i will get back to you with the email address of the agent

Marry Davids Hello,
i really appreciate you coming to work with me . here is a brief about my kids
Age of my Kids name are Becky 7 years and Tom 9 years
I am sure you will like them when you come here ,i
really appreciate it that you want to work with my family, the below e mail
address is the traveling agency e mail address, Contact the traveling agency
tell them that you are from Marry Davids and they will put you through the neccessary document needed
and how much it is going to cost.Also let them know that you will only be
responsible for the half payment of your visa processing while me your
employer will be responsible for the balance and also ready to send all his
documents necessary for verification for the processing of your visa. get
back to me with their response,( [email protected])
Thanks.
Marry Davids.
#45613 by Ma.Melissa Borromeo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:49 pm
Hi myrna borromeo ,

My name is Nick Johnson and i will be assisting you towards your travel visa and other document for you to come down to united kingdom.So as to secure the job been offer to you,less i forgot Marry Davids ask me to contact you and your C.V has already been attached to me. Every details and other vital document will be attched and send to you i will get back to you later...less i forget Mrs marry told me you will be responsible for the part payment of your visa processing

Nick Johnson.
#45616 by Ma.Melissa Borromeo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:51 pm
Hi MELISSA BORROMEO ,
all you need to do is get back to me with your old or new passport and medical report if available. But your employer informed me you will only be responsible for the half payment of your documents fee.
Here is our tariff as follows....
Regulated Fees and Tariffs:

1. 2 Years Employment Visa - gbp 250

2. Processing Fee - gbp 80

3. Courier & Insurance Fee - gbp 100
All together making 430 gbp , so you are paying 215 gbp and payment should be made once your requirment are being sent to us so as to ensure our effective processing as it takes just 15 working days to round up your processing.Do not be bothered with everything you requested for it will be done accordinly including the bluecard.

Nick Johnson.
#45655 by Chris Fuller Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 am
Yes, both Marry Davids and Dr Mark Denton/Dr Mark Dover are scammers. Their emails were not sent from the UK, and they do not have genuine au pair or nanny postions to offer you.

You can read more about Dr Mark Dover here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10686

Notice also that his phone number begins +4470 - any number that begins +4470 is not a normal UK telephone number; it is a 'redirect' number that redirects all calls to a mobile phone, elsewhere in the world. The IP addresses of Dr Mark Dover's emails show that he is actually located in Nigeria.

Never send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential employer. Anyone hoping to come to the UK needs to contact the British Embassy in their own country to check UK entry requirements. You can find the genuine British Embassy website by Google searching 'British Embassy' and the name of your country. Note that a genuine British Embassy email address will always end with @fco.gov.uk (and with no words or abbreviations after that). A visa for the UK must be obtained in one's own country, in person.

I'm glad that you did not lose money to these scammers.