Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3465 by Ralph Mon May 26, 2008 9:41 am
This scam involves the scammers sending an ATM card, there will be fees and charges along the way that must be paid prior to being able to use the card and access the funds deposited into it, problem is that no matter how many fees and charges you pay, you will never be able to get a single cent out of the card and any money you have sent will be lost forever.

The scammers are likely to pass you onto barristers and banks all of whom is most likely the same group if not the same person.

Authentic looking documents will be produced as part of the scam to give them some validity and help pry open your purse strings, dont fall for it, it's a scam

Below is an email that you may recieve early on in the scam, dont fall for it.

Dear Friend,

Greetings to you, with warm heart I offer my friendship and greetings.

However strange or surprising this contact might seem to you as we have not met personally or had any dealings in the past, I humbly ask that you take due consideration of its importance and the immense benefit it will be to you.

I duly apologize for infringing on your privacy, if this contact is not acceptable to you, as I make this proposal to you as a person of integrity.

First and foremost I wish to introduce myself properly to you.

My name is Bar.Nkosi Ben, a registered solicitor at law and a member of the attorneys Association in South Africa.

I have a deceased client, a national of your country whose funds deposited in Capitec Bank South Africa in the year 2003 are to be confiscated because the time they have given me to provide the next of kin of my late client almost expiring.

I have made several inquiries to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has proved unsuccessful. After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased so that the proceeds of his account valued at US$6.5 Million can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money.You will be entitled to 40% if you can help to receive these funds as the Beneficiary.

Every modalities in respect of the smooth conclusion of this business has been perfectly put in place, I have perfectly made arrangement to execute this transaction under maximum legitimate atmosphere therefore this transaction is 100% legal and risk free.

Please get in touch with me immediately for further clarifications.

Sincerely,
Bar. Nkosi Ben (esq).
Mhlabeni Inc Chambers & Associates,
Johannesburg. South Africa.
Telephone: +27788713126.
E-mail: [email protected]

Any email telling you it is legal and risk free to claim an inheritance of somebody you do not know is going to be a scam.
Advertisement

#3476 by Ralph Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 am
^^ From what I have seen, I am cofident it is.

Good find :D