Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3477 by Chelsea Parker Tue May 27, 2008 9:43 am
This is a standard format for a widow - next of kin scam. If you were to contact "Melaney Chang", you would receive a reply asking you to contact her fake attorney (barrister). He would ask for your identification and address, then fees. The fees never end.

I humbly write you this letter to ask for your assistance and advice on measures to take to protect this heritage fund worth 14.3 Million USD.

This is not a scam and i ask you not to be misled by blind judgement. You are into cattle rearing. I am Melaney Chang, a widow. My late husband was a gold and cocoa merchant in Ghana until his death 9 months ago. I have completed my mourning period and i want to get on with my life.

I have lived 22 years in Ghana and i love Africa. I want us to go into joint partnership and you will have control on my investments in your country for a period of ten years only. My Son and Daughter will take over from you after the agreed ten years period.

I will offer you 15% commission. The rest will be invested in your country on real estate, hotel and computers, please. I have documents proving the existence of the heritage which i can send to you at request. I need answers to the questions below:

1 Can you be my beneficiary?
2/. Are you a discreet person?
3/. Can i count on your support?

For your expenses, we must be sincere to each other, 5% will cover all that from the heritage.

I ask finally for your trust and confidence in this urgent matter.

i wait for your reply.

Mrs Melaney Chang
Advertisement