Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#191255 by pajos Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 am
is this scam?

Postby pajos on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:43 am
Hy,

My friend send me one offer from company CONSULT LLC from Russia for petrochemical product. In their offer is nothing to pay in advanced and even after buyer issue ICPO with banching coordinates the buyer get official invite letter for visit Russian Rafinery with their expences.
The company have no site, have just one telephone 007 9 ..... and good prices.
Here is their procedure:

1. Buyer issue to Seller an official ICPO with buyer banking details
2. Seller issues FCO,upon receipt of the Countersigned FCO and acceptance letter
3. Seller issue Dr5aft Contract which is open for amendments
4. Buyer returns the signed draft contract with necessary amendment if any
5. Seller registers and legalizes the contract with the appropriate authority of ministry of energy department in charge
6. Seller sends the Registered and Legalized Hard Copies of the Contract alongside with the below listed Partial POP documents to Buyer directly:
a. Approval to Export Certificate
b. Export License Certificate
c. Statement of Availability of Product
d. Commitment to Supply the Product
e. Certificate of Origin
f. Product Passport(Analysis Test Result)
7. Both Parties Lodges their copies of the Registered and Legalized Contract with their respective Banks
8. Buyer’s bank issue trough swift proof of fund(POF) via SBLC/BG/IRDLC to Seller’s nominated bank account for THE FIRST DELIVERY/SHIPMENT
9. Seller’s bank issues through swift THE FULL SET OF PROOF OF PRODUCT(POP) and shipping documents along with 2% PB Operative(performance bond) to buyer’s bank
10. Shipment commences immediately as scheduled in the Contract
11. Buyer issues their financial payment via TT/MT103 to the seller’s nominated bank account after SGS/CIQ inspection at loading port(Subsequent shipment IRDLC swift MT700)

Thank you for your suggestion,
Advertisement

#191281 by vonpaso xlura Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 am
Did they contact you by email? If so, could you post the email, including complete headers?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#191344 by pajos Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 pm
vonpaso xlura wrote:Did they contact you by email? If so, could you post the email, including complete headers?

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected] 007 926 775 1822 007 926 002 9264

In the last letter where I ask him for full explanation for visit Russian rafinery they answer me:

Visiting is allowed and at the Refinery expenses but after confirmation of buyer's financial/payment instrument seller issues an official invitation letter to buyer's team.

I thing here is the catch ....??

Thank you for any suggestion
#191424 by David Jansen Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:08 am
The text of the procedings alone say scam to me. I also did a google search on this name consult llc, and found an IT company with that name, and an advert on Alibaba from this same scammer who was using photos stolen from the internet. And if the prices are too good to be true, then it is just that! Walk away from this scam.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.