Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3636 by Angry_Ted Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:46 am
One scammer has made the mistake of not hiding his address and I have found his location with ease from an ip locator http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm :lol:

Received: from 195.166.237.254 (SquirrelMail authenticated user sjs) I.P. is in Lagos Nigeria
parent: 195.166.224.0 - 195.166.255.255
person: Tunde Ogedengbe
address: Linkserve
address: 22 Akin Adesola
address: FATB Plaza
address: Victoria Island
address: Lagos Nigeria
phone: +234 1 2623900
fax-no: +234 1 262 3906
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: TO219-AFRINIC
remarks: data has been transferred from RIPE Whois Database 20050221
source: AFRINIC # Filtered

Message Stream
X-MS-Mail-Gibberish: Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Received: from mail.gymlm.sk (stip-static-13.213-81-187.telecom.sk [213.81.187.13]) by xxxxx.com (BorderWare Security Platform) with ESMTP id 8B0A1A0C181956B2
for <xxxxx>; Wed, 11 Jun 2008 02:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from mail.gymlm.sk (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) by mail.gymlm.sk (Postfix) with ESMTP id B644C865CC; Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:41:54 +0200 (CEST)
Received: from 195.166.237.254 (SquirrelMail authenticated user sjs) by mail.gymlm.sk with HTTP; Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:41:54 -0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <58717>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:41:54 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: ATTENTION!!!
Reply-To: [email protected]
User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.9a
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Importance: Normal
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-STA-Metric: 62 (engine=027)
X-STA-NotSpam: obscured fixed except several hit
X-STA-Spam: kin funds transaction sir/madam lfull
X-BTI-AntiSpam: score:40, sta:62/027, dcc:passed, dnsbl:passed, sw:passed,
bsn:50/passed, spf:off, dk:off, pbmf:none, ipr:0/3, trusted:no,
ts:no, bs:no, ubl:passed
X-BTI-AntiSpamCode: maybe
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 11 Jun 2008 06:19:46.0445 (UTC)
FILETIME=[2529D3D0:01C8CB8B]

Good day Sir/Madam,

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr.Peter T S Wong director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd in Hong Kong.I have an obscured business suggestion for you. Before the U.S and Iraqi war one of our client Colonel Sadiq Uday who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of One hundred and twenty five million, seven hundred and fifty thousand U.S dollars only in my branch.

Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war which began in 2003. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that the General along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigation it was also discovered that Colonel Sadiq Uday did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, One hundred and twenty five million, seven hundred and fifty thousand U.S dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it.

When I discovered he and his family is dead i had to look for a very reliable person who can stand as the Next of kin to that funds , so that the funds will be transfered out of the bank immediately. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration 5 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

Please treat this business with utmost confidentiality and send me the following.

(1)Full names, (2)Private Phone number (3)Current residential address, (4)Occupation (5)Age and Proffession.

Therefore , if you know you are capable of involving in this mouth watering transaction, please send me an email to my Private email below, so that i will give you more details about this transaction and how we will successfully carry out this transaction without any risk involved.

Mr.Peter T S Wong
Email:[email protected]
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND RESPOND
Advertisement

#3637 by Crispy Duck Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:37 am
Welcome to scamwarners, Angry_Ted & well-done on posting the headers to the email & finding it's source. :)

In the past, I have sent similar emails to the Hang Seng Bank customer enquiries department - which can be found on their website (www.hangseng.com/hse.html) on the 'Contact Us' page.

They appear to be very interested in these sorts of emails & pass the details to the Hong Kong police for investigation & action.

#3638 by benjamin Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 am
Hi Angry Ted and welcome

I'm not quite sure from your post whether you thought that
person: Tunde Ogedengbe
address: Linkserve
was the scammer. Just to clarify, he is the Admin contact or registrant for the Linkserve ISP, www.linkserve.com.ng, and not the person who wrote that email, so although your scammer is indeed in Nigeria, you're unlikely to track him down any further than that.
Well spotted for that though :wink: