Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3702 by richard4464 Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:51 am
Dear Richard,
We are in receipt of your email and its contents well noted. We have already taken care of the FedEx courier charges, but your
Check cannot be dispatch without an insurance cover in your name. The courier company request for insurance cover when there is an international shipment from one country to another. I would advise you to apply for the Equity Assurance cover there in the states, but if you cannot obtain the said document, you may contact the Insurance Company with the contact details below to you register for the Equity Assurance cover . The service charge for the application amounts to £255,(two hundred and fifty five Great Britain Pounds only. Upon receipt of these charges, it takes 48hrs working hours before the said document can be in active use. Furthermore, as soon as you have met up with the Equity assurance cover your check and letter of certification will be dispatched to you immediately. Tracking information’s will be provided to you. I hope this works for you. We await urgent response from you in this vein.

Regards,
John Watson

Equity Insurance contact details

Churchchill Home Insurance Ltd
Issuance Department

Address:2 churchchill court,westmoreland road,bromley,
kent, Br1 1DP.United Kingdom

Tel:+44(0)703-1895466
Email:[email protected]
Advertisement

#3704 by Ralph Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:00 am
Sorry to be so blunt, I have only a quick moment, it's another scam, i will find details later when I have some more time

#3705 by Dan Jones Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:00 am
If you are still asking whether this is a scam or not, then this is definitely a scam.

the 070 redirect number is a very big give away, also the website seems wrong. - a site killer might want to check that one out

Anyway, i'm off to bed. It's 8:00 i the morning and i need a few hours kip.

#3707 by Crispy Duck Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:19 am
Yes, Richard - it is a scam. I agree with both of the above. The actual web site for Churchill Insurance (at that address) is: www.uk.churchill.com

The email address you have given is a webmail address, using a Microsoft Office Live email domain created by the scammer. Add that to the +44 70xxxxx phone number, the fact that you have to send money . . & it has all the hallmarks of a scam.

#3711 by Bubbles Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:21 am
richard4464, it looks like you have been communicating with this scammer. Just drop communication with him. There is no money for you, just fees, fees and more fees. Any money you send will not return anything to you except frustration and lost money from your bank.

I hope you have listened to the advice above. The reply is a scripted one that is seen often from scammers. There will be no profit realized by you in this situation. Just drop or block the email address so you won't be tempted by the Siren Song that there is something this for you.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.