Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#204604 by Yvonne Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:52 am
Received an email from an elderly uncle - I think he's being scammed. An urgent response would be much appreciated.

Here is the last email he's received from: [email protected]

Dear Sirs,

I am writing this email to inform you that we are having issues in releasing your payment. A subsidary company of ours has previously advertised your business and you have entered an automtic rollover with them.
Until the payment is made in clear funds directly to us, to allow the sytem to be overridden, then unfortunately we are unable to process your remittance.
The amount due is £12,470. However, we may be in a position to discount this should the payment be made today. (21/05/2014)
Should you require the discount please do not hesitate to contact me.
I have taken the liberty of copying John Stephens into this email as i know he is dealing with this for you.
John Stephens can call me directly should you require.
Accounts Liason
Dave Storage.
Advertisement

#204609 by Dotti Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:21 pm
It is textbook scam.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your uncle's money.

Emails ending in consultant.com are free emails, just like yahoo or gmail. They are not connected to any legitimate business, and no legitimate business would use them.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.